If not Howe, Who?

Getting Australia to a couple of world cups is no mean feat tbf especially now they are in the asian zone and have to compete with the best Asian sides. I admit I've never heard of him but I hadnt heard of Wim either. Respectfully i disagree that we are rudderless and without direction. I get the feeling that Celtic ( McKay) has pulled the plug on Howe and his excessive demands and rightly so. Perhaps appointing a manager with knowledge of the Asian game isnt a bad idea post Brexit.
Brexit will have no bearing on the Scottish game. As Scottish footballers are generally shite, its easy for Scottish teams to get work permits for players. Plus pre Brexit, how many Asian players are of a standard good enough to play for us.
Anyway you try to cut it, this board are fucking useless. They knew before December Lennon was done. They said they would be carrying out a January review of the manager. Lies, never happened. Then when Lennon did leave 3 months ago, the allowed Howe to string them along.
They like to go on about the club being one of the biggest in the world. Could you imagine a Barcelona, man utd or a Juve allowing that to happen.
Fuck Kelty hearts lose their manager on Monday and have their first choice in place by Thursday.
Our club have taken over sevco as the laughing stock of Scottish football

I have seen Ange many times when he was in charge of Brisbane in the A-league when they swept all before them. i can reassure you all that he is a top quality manager and Celtic would be lucky to have him. He was head hunted to manage in Japan and although the J-league and A-leagues are little known in Scotland i can confirm that he will surprise many people. Celtic have found a diamond.
It may all be true.
But we’ve never heard of him.
the dressing rooms likely never heard of him.
Targets have likely never heard of him.
It’s a typical Celtic status quo appointment and
I don’t like it

Brexit will have no bearing on the Scottish game. As Scottish footballers are generally shite, its easy for Scottish teams to get work permits for players. Plus pre Brexit, how many Asian players are of a standard good enough to play for us.
Anyway you try to cut it, this board are fucking useless. They knew before December Lennon was done. They said they would be carrying out a January review of the manager. Lies, never happened. Then when Lennon did leave 3 months ago, the allowed Howe to string them along.
They like to go on about the club being one of the biggest in the world. Could you imagine a Barcelona, man utd or a Juve allowing that to happen.
Fuck Kelty hearts lose their manager on Monday and have their first choice in place by Thursday.
Our club have taken over sevco as the laughing stock of Scottish football
Tbf you are talking about the old board of lawell and cronies. This is not the same board or CEO. That McKay had the foresight to have another manager lined up should this happen is evidence of his talents if only in a small way. Also the name Nakamura should be one Asian player youd know. To think that he be the only talent from the most populated area on earth is far fetched. We are one of the biggest clubs in world football but that doesn't equate to comparisons with man utd or Barcelona.

Tbf you are talking about the old board of lawell and cronies. This is not the same board or CEO. That McKay had the foresight to have another manager lined up should this happen is evidence of his talents if only in a small way. Also the name Nakamura should be one Asian player youd know. To think that he be the only talent from the most populated area on earth is far fetched. We are one of the biggest clubs in world football but that doesn't equate to comparisons with man utd or Barcelona.
McKay doesn’t officially start until June
He’s there learning the ropes
Hopefully he’s been sleeping the last few weeks

''The Board '' appear to be getting the collective blame for this clusterf*ck of a non-appointment .

This is totally unfair on those cardboard cut-outs and Yes-men in the boardroom who have never contributed an iota towards making Celtic the laughing stock that we see today .

They jump when told to jump and lick arse when told to assume the position . And accept their cheques with suitable humility .

So let's not condemn these useless Cnts when the real blame lies where it always has - with DD and PL !
''The Celtic Board - a Board like no other ! ''

HH

The truth is nobody knows who is making the decisions because nobody is communicating with any clarity from the club which leads to rumour supposition and all sorts of accusations especially when we see the new manager debacle.
Are we looking for someone to put their name to it ...if so it will be a long wait. We will simply be fed the board party line with a typical politicians response.
I have no idea how this new appointment will pan out but we need to get on with putting a team together and putting in a better challenge than last season's disaster ...it doesn't feel good in any shape or form at this moment. I appreciate the anger and frustration from the supporters and rightly so.No predictions from me just a feeling of forlorn hope.

Sky reporting that Postecoglou has been recommended by Fergal Harkin who will be our new Sporting Director
When did we become part of the city group?
So supposedly we hired a big fancy recruitment company to get a DoF . They come up with fergal who has never worked as a DoF. The same fergal who works at man city
Yet Peter Lawwell son Mark is the Head of recruitment at City football group.
It's of no coincidence that the J-league team this Australian is manager of is owned, you guessed it, the City football group.
Do did we really hire a big recruitment agency or did Peter just call his son.

Just heard on Sky sports news that this Ange guy is Fergal Harkin's choice. Hmmm, surely it should be Dom McKay who makes this decision or is he shirking it in order to shift the blame if it goes tits up. We're really not in a good place at the moment.
If we appoint this guy who will do the recruiting of players? How much does he know about Scottish football? Who will he have as his backroom staff? Will Tom Rogic be first name on the team sheet? Deary me, the more I think about it the more anxious I get. He's hardly a proven winner.
Surely there are better candidates out there.

Just heard on Sky sports news that this Ange guy is Fergal Harkin's choice. Hmmm, surely it should be Dom McKay who makes this decision or is he shirking it in order to shift the blame if it goes tits up. We're really not in a good place at the moment.
If we appoint this guy who will do the recruiting of players? How much does he know about Scottish football? Who will he have as his backroom staff? Will Tom Rogic be first name on the team sheet? Deary me, the more I think about it the more anxious I get. He's hardly a proven winner.
Sporting Director should be responsible for the whole of the footballing operation. That should include appointing the manager/head coach, youth set up, player recruitment, sport science, analytics etc. The SD reports to the CEO. Until now one man has micro managed everything himself.

If the Sky story is true then we are at last putting a process in place and following it and moving away from appointing the manager on the whim of one man. We need to trust the process and hope Fergal knows what he's doing🙏

The DoF is the man to identified managers and sign them. Not the CEO. Just a bit confusing since we don't have a DoF. As far as am aware, fergal has not signed any contract with us and is still an employee of Man City

Last edited:
Sporting Director should be responsible for the whole of the footballing operation. That should include appointing the manager/head coach, youth set up, player recruitment, sport science, analytics etc. The SD reports to the CEO. Until now one man has micro managed everything himself.

If the Sky story is true then we are at last putting a process in place and following it and moving away from appointing the manager on the whim of one man. We need to trust the process and hope Fergal knows what he's doing🙏
Well given they both have links to Man City it looks too convenient, for them not us. To say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.

Well given they both have links to Man City it looks too convenient, for them not us. To say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.
I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he becomes the manager, I would rather him than Ross, Keane or Kennedy. I know they saying goes " better the devil you know " but I would rather have an unknown quantity that any of those 3

I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he becomes the manager, I would rather him than Ross, Keane or Kennedy. I know they saying goes " better the devil you know " but I would rather have an unknown quantity that any of those 3
There are many more options than those 3.
So who is this 'unknown' going to recruit? What contacts does he have in the Scottish game. Who will his backroom team be? Cos to me it looks likely to be Kennedy and Strachan Jr again.
The downsizing continues.

No fecking way🤡🤡🤡
Well argued reply - not. You want some unknown Greek/Australian ? Jack Ross ? Kennedy ?
We have to basically start again so why not get a man who has managed in this league, overseen defeats over us and the other mob and - most importantly - is a proven coach - someone who works with players and make them better. If we recover and start to even think about European progress we can upscale then. Right now we need someone to drive the mini bus never mind a top coach. Not saying he is the ideal - but what are our options right now ? We need to remember where we are, not what we were - and look fwd to what we could be again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back