If not Howe, Who?

''The Board '' appear to be getting the collective blame for this clusterf*ck of a non-appointment .

This is totally unfair on those cardboard cut-outs and Yes-men in the boardroom who have never contributed an iota towards making Celtic the laughing stock that we see today .

They jump when told to jump and lick arse when told to assume the position . And accept their cheques with suitable humility .

So let's not condemn these useless Cnts when the real blame lies where it always has - with DD and PL !
''The Celtic Board - a Board like no other ! ''

HH
Spot on Millsy ! :)

I will renew my subscription to Celtic TV. When you call our Board "a shower of useless bastards" I wonder if you are drunk or just incapable of nuanced consideration. Tell me even one Board member that deserves such opprobrium.
Can you name one that has made a significant contribution - do you attend AGFMs. They are a long table of people who say nothing - look older every year and get re-elected to all intents and purposes unopposed. If this was any other private company they would have been flushed out years ago - given the decline in Celtic's status, financial worth and management quality they have overseen. Mr Bankier is not in the same league as Brian Quinn, John Reid or Fergus - real decision makers - and his board are equally impotent.

There are many more options than those 3.
So who is this 'unknown' going to recruit? What contacts does he have in the Scottish game. Who will his backroom team be? Cos to me it looks likely to be Kennedy and Strachan Jr again.
The downsizing continues.
If its fergal who's to be the DoF , I think it will be young players who he knows. He will recommend players to the manager to choose which ones he wants to sign

Sporting Director should be responsible for the whole of the footballing operation. That should include appointing the manager/head coach, youth set up, player recruitment, sport science, analytics etc. The SD reports to the CEO. Until now one man has micro managed everything himself.

If the Sky story is true then we are at last putting a process in place and following it and moving away from appointing the manager on the whim of one man. We need to trust the process and hope Fergal knows what he's doing🙏
So what changed in the last 48hrs

Howe was picking all his own backroom staff ? no sports director no Harkin just Howe and his gang

Now all of a sudden we've did an about turn appointing sports director Harkin and a whole man city blue print as how the city group work

Maybe this is a PR excercise using sky to fight the fires of yesterday

So what changed in the last 48hrs

Howe was picking all his own backroom staff ? no sports director no Harkin just Howe and his gang

Now all of a sudden we've did an about turn appointing sports director Harkin and a whole man city blue print as how the city group work

Maybe this is a PR excercise using sky to fight the fires of yesterday
The spin seems to be that Howe was to bring in his own coaches and also recommend the DoF (Richard Hughes)

Sure there are ways around that, because is a manager classed as a coach?
There isn't really, if you have already started the course but haven't completed they will make an exception.
Before you do the pro license, you have to complete the courses below that . It's been reported that he doesn't have any uefa qualifications, so he can't be a manager in uefa competition

There isn't really, if you have already started the course but haven't completed they will make an exception.
Before you do the pro license, you have to complete the courses below that . It's been reported that he doesn't have any uefa qualifications, so he can't be a manager in uefa competition
Well how would he be able to manage as surely fifa has to have some clout with world cups

Well how would he be able to manage as surely fifa has to have some clout with world cups
He has Australian coaching badges that FIFA accept.
But to coach in Europe you need UEFA approved coaching badges. Australian coaching badges are not approved by UEFA

He has Australian coaching badges that FIFA accept.
But to coach in Europe you need UEFA approved coaching badges. Australian coaching badges are not approved by UEFA
Again glasbhoy if your not been classed as a coach as JK could cover that, then why the need for a coaching licence, not making much sense to me, as how can a manager be linked with the position if not in a position to accept the role

I want Duff and Moloney, either way round. Duff could start straight away and Moloney could join him after the Euro's.

DD, make it so.
One or other as an assistant to an experienced manager with a plan for them to take over in a few years.
Keane and Duff now seems a realistic possibility, especially if Desmond cant be persuaded otherwise. He has wanted Keane in charge since offering him the job in 2014 and with Lawwell leaving it could now happen

Again glasbhoy if your not been classed as a coach as JK could cover that, then why the need for a coaching licence, not making much sense to me, as how can a manager be linked with the position if not in a position to accept the role
To be a manager you need to have coaching badges

This guy Agne might not be so bad. He's basically an Aussie, comes across as a bit prickly in some of his earlier interviews but seems no-nonsense. Doesn't seem like he would put up with under performers. No idea about his tactical abilities etc. Potential high entertainment value here also but appreciate that's not our no.1 priority right now!

Latest posts

Back