If not Lenny then who?

Lennon 3 in a row
Ronny Deila 2 in a row
Brendan Rodgers 2 in a row

Who do we fear in this division that could overturn us next year, if the answer is no-one then why are we wanting change, I have yet to meet anyone who would substitute exciting football over failure to win titles, Europe advances over failures to win titles.
So are we going to get someone who can promise all of the above titles and european success to a level, have we had it in the eight?

Lennon 3 in a row
Ronny Deila 2 in a row
Brendan Rodgers 2 in a row

Who do we fear in this division that could overturn us next year, if the answer is no-one then why are we wanting change, I have yet to meet anyone who would substitute exciting football over failure to win titles, Europe advances over failures to win titles.
So are we going to get someone who can promise all of the above titles and european success to a level, have we had it in the eight?

If we’ve got no-one to fear in this league , and we bloody shouldn’t have, then surely to God we should be winning and playing good football.

I’m excited about a change because we have been gradually getting worse since Rodgers’ first season.

Him leaving can hopefully be a positive. Celtic doesn’t revolve around Brendan Rodgers, and certainly not Neil Lennon.

I’m not judging Lennon solely in this 3 months, more on his whole outlook, ideas etc.

I’d like someone better than both. It might not be practical, but we should be trying.

I also think experience in Europe, ideally at more than one club, would be a huge benefit.

I don't want Lenny. I love the cunt but it's a backward step. Saying that I don't know I don't have a Scooby cos i don't have the knowledge of who is available and whether they are any good.
I watched Norwich yesterday. I don't know where they got the guy but he's really doing the business plus buying 3-4 million players who.look the part. Guy called Pukki looked good, never heard of him???.
Ma point is there are good managers out there, it takes an imaginative recruitment process to find them.

Who do we fear in this division that could overturn us next year, if the answer is no-one then why are we wanting change

To become better and progress as a team. Just because we're already ahead of the pack doesn't mean we should just settle for where we are. We shouldn't base our own ambitions on the limitations of others.

I love Lenny I think the guy is an absolute legend and the way he handled the fallout from last week's game was a masterclass but if there is a better manager available to us who can take the team further than he can then whoever that is should get the job ahead of him.

To become better and progress as a team. Just because we're already ahead of the pack doesn't mean we should just settle for where we are. We shouldn't base our own ambitions on the limitations of others.

I love Lenny I think the guy is an absolute legend and the way he handled the fallout from last week's game was a masterclass but if there is a better manager available to us who can take the team further than he can then whoever that is should get the job ahead of him.
So what players better than what we have had and have sold will come to Scotland, for the only players this country will attract is players wishing to impress for the move towards the gold. Celtic big club if you want a move. How further can we go, people were shouting for BRs head in Europe, but were gutted when he left. We even defended him and blamed PL when he was doing the dirty from the off and in doing so was doing what players who come to us do, they ship onto bigger treasures.

So what players better than what we have had and have sold will come to Scotland, for the only players this country will attract is players wishing to impress for the move towards the gold. Celtic big club if you want a move. How further can we go, people were shouting for BRs head in Europe, but were gutted when he left. We even defended him and blamed PL when he was doing the dirty from the off and in doing so was doing what players who come to us do, they ship onto bigger treasures.

Well we won't know how much further we can go unless we exhaust all the avenues open to us! We won't know what kind of manager we can bring in until we ask them if they want the job! We won't know what players will come unless we target them and pursue their signature! Just because we don't know doesn't mean we shouldn't bother trying! Just because it's difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it.

Other than the homegrown diehards who are content with playing for the club they grew up supporting every manager and player wants to move on to where the gold and the glory is because that's where the top clubs and the top leagues are but it doesn't stop the other 99.9% of clubs out there who can't offer them that from trying to better themselves the best they can. Outside the top clubs in the top leagues all clubs have their challenges when trying to attract managers and players and some, like us, have more challenges than others. Whether it's the standard of the league, the country they play in, the weather, the finances available, the size of the club etc. every one of them will only ever attract the type of manager and player who wish to move on towards the gold because every manager and player has an ambition to reach the top of the game and play for the biggest clubs or at the very least against them in the biggest leagues and when the cash rich clubs come calling the 99.9% will see their best players depart the same way we do. Does that mean that us and the rest should just throw our hands in the air and say well what's the point in trying to better ourselves? Of course it doesn't!

I can't speak for those who were calling for BR's head because I wasn't one of them and again I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't gutted at BR for leaving I was gutted at the timing and the manner in which he left and I'll NEVER forgive him for that but to say he was 'doing the dirty from the off' is OTT. The guy delivered back to back trebles and was in the process of delivering another, I hardly think that's 'doing the dirty from the off'. I get your angry at him for the way he went about things, we all are, but a wee bit of perspective is required here I think! And just because BR behaved like a 1st class cunt doesn't automatically absolve Lawell of all blame and mean he is a saint in what went on and goes on behind the scenes at Celtic.

Well we won't know how much further we can go unless we exhaust all the avenues open to us! We won't know what kind of manager we can bring in until we ask them if they want the job! We won't know what players will come unless we target them and pursue their signature! Just because we don't know doesn't mean we shouldn't bother trying! Just because it's difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it.

Other than the homegrown diehards who are content with playing for the club they grew up supporting every manager and player wants to move on to where the gold and the glory is because that's where the top clubs and the top leagues are but it doesn't stop the other 99.9% of clubs out there who can't offer them that from trying to better themselves the best they can. Outside the top clubs in the top leagues all clubs have their challenges when trying to attract managers and players and some, like us, have more challenges than others. Whether it's the standard of the league, the country they play in, the weather, the finances available, the size of the club etc. every one of them will only ever attract the type of manager and player who wish to move on towards the gold because every manager and player has an ambition to reach the top of the game and play for the biggest clubs or at the very least against them in the biggest leagues and when the cash rich clubs come calling the 99.9% will see their best players depart the same way we do. Does that mean that us and the rest should just throw our hands in the air and say well what's the point in trying to better ourselves? Of course it doesn't!

I can't speak for those who were calling for BR's head because I wasn't one of them and again I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't gutted at BR for leaving I was gutted at the timing and the manner in which he left and I'll NEVER forgive him for that but to say he was 'doing the dirty from the off' is OTT. The guy delivered back to back trebles and was in the process of delivering another, I hardly think that's 'doing the dirty from the off'. I get your angry at him for the way he went about things, we all are, but a wee bit of perspective is required here I think! And just because BR behaved like a 1st class cunt doesn't automatically absolve Lawell of all blame and mean he is a saint in what went on and goes on behind the scenes at Celtic.

Brendan Rodgers if he was going to leave would have been able to wait for this type of job, or man utd in my opion he jumped ship to Liecester they will not be in Europe and will be expected top six only not too much demands, Liecester flash in the pan champions never to be done or expected again, he fucked off to mediocrity for the money, he pulled the wool over the fans eyes with the book and DVD, fuck him he is a shite.
https://thecelticstar.com/brendan-will-want-stay-10-row-big-bad-john/

When a captain has steered us through quiet waters , with the best ship available, abandons that ship when we have storms to navigate, but the destination is where he was supposedly destined to go. Its like the onedine line!

Brendan Rodgers if he was going to leave would have been able to wait for this type of job, or man utd in my opion he jumped ship to Liecester they will not be in Europe and will be expected top six only not too much demands, Liecester flash in the pan champions never to be done or expected again, he fucked off to mediocrity for the money, he pulled the wool over the fans eyes with the book and DVD, fuck him he is a shite.
https://thecelticstar.com/brendan-will-want-stay-10-row-big-bad-john/

I don't disagree with a single word of what you've said there Boab. As I said above he behaved like a 1st class cunt and treated the club and the fans like shit and I'll NEVER forgive him for that I just think it's a bit OTT to say he was 'doing the dirty from the off'. I would rather we weren't even talking about the rat but you mentioned him in your reply to my comment so I was just addressing the point you raised.

No experiments that's for sure! Next season is crucial. Rafa coming to Scotland really? Whoever the Board deem they better get it fuckin spot on and release the bucks accordingly. This is history in the making bhoys and Ghirls it's once in a lifetime stuff. So whoever comes in better understand what's at stake. HH ☘☘

Members online

No members online now.

Back