If true then only himself to blame.

It's a pity because the majority of Celtic fans voiced their support for LG during the difficult times he was having with mental health issues and the Board seemed to back him too but he doesn't look as if he's put in the graft required to play at Celtic's level, especially in the most important season for a generation. I'm sure that some time in the future he will regret not trying hard enough.

It feels like a bitter pill to swallow at this time as has been said. It's very frustrating when we all know what he can do when fully fit both mentally and physically. Many will say he has had his chance and it's hard to argue anything different. However I suppose somewhere in the back of my head I had hoped he would get that last chance saloon and come out all guns blazing again this season. Reality bites hard and it looks like it's over. Hard to argue the case no matter how brilliant or prolific he once was for our great club. He should be one of our most experienced valued and reliable stars at this stage of his career. To go out like this is both disappointing and sad.

Griff is a troubled character who has goven me/us so many wonderful memories. But he has also let us down too often and has been his own worst enemy at times with a media all too willing to boot the boot/brown brogue in at every opportunity. I wonder if him publicly announcing last week that he was expecting a new contract from Ange was the last straw? Just keep your head down and do what you are so highly paid to do. I also fear he may in later life realise he never did enough to fulfill his excellent potential and may have some regrets, despite his success.

Griff is a troubled character who has goven me/us so many wonderful memories. But he has also let us down too often and has been his own worst enemy at times with a media all too willing to boot the boot/brown brogue in at every opportunity. I wonder if him publicly announcing last week that he was expecting a new contract from Ange was the last straw? Just keep your head down and do what you are so highly paid to do. I also fear he may in later life realise he never did enough to fulfill his excellent potential and may have some regrets, despite his success.
Heid up ain arse syndrome methinks with his chat about a new contract.

We don't actually know yet for sure weather a contract has been offered or not.
If any contract was offered its bound to be vastly reduced terms than he was originally on.
It could still be a case of him bidding his time to see if a better offer could come his way even if I doubt it.
After all he was allowed to train, more so than ntcham

It's a pity because the majority of Celtic fans voiced their support for LG during the difficult times he was having with mental health issues and the Board seemed to back him too but he doesn't look as if he's put in the graft required to play at Celtic's level, especially in the most important season for a generation. I'm sure that some time in the future he will regret not trying hard enough.
Hard to concentrate when there are fires and other issues in his life, someone from the board should have took him aside and offered him protection from the media. I know he can be erratic at times but this is were professional clubs need to be professional around their assets.

1625086837868.png

Hard to concentrate when there are fires and other issues in his life, someone from the board should have took him aside and offered him protection from the media. I know he can be erratic at times but this is were professional clubs need to be professional around their assets.

View attachment 14723
There's a fine line when you just think fk it ,,,,,he's not listening and never will
It's one thing protecting an asset it's another throwing away a million a year on somebody who just couldnt give a flyer

There's a fine line when you just think fk it ,,,,,he's not listening and never will
It's one thing protecting an asset it's another throwing away a million a year on somebody who just couldnt give a flyer
So who was the nugget that kept renewing his contract for thats the problem right there and they should be hounded out the door for misuse of company money and waste.

We don't actually know yet for sure weather a contract has been offered or not.
If any contract was offered its bound to be vastly reduced terms than he was originally on.
It could still be a case of him bidding his time to see if a better offer could come his way even if I doubt it.
After all he was allowed to train, more so than ntcham
A pay per game contract until he proved to Ange he was whats needed might have been an option imho.

Back