If true then only himself to blame.

I have never thought of Eddy being anymore than a lazy big bhoy who only turned up when the going was good,
In my entire 64 years of existence, I can't remember ever reading a sentence I've ever disagreed with more than this one.

Edouard played most of the season alone up front, meaning each opposing team with a gaffer having two brain cells to rub together had their defense collapse around him when he had the ball. Most people -- hell, even farm animals -- realize that this formation with Edouard as the lone striker was a poor setup, and everyone -- even the aforementioned farm animals -- would have learned a lesson and played more than one striker up front in subsequent games. But not Lennon/Kennedy.

Despite this, Edouard scored 22 goals for Celtic, 18 in the Premiership. Also, these 18 goals made Edouard the top scorer in the Premiership for 2020-21.

As for being "lazy" or "disinterested" or "having ennui" or whatever nonsense people tag Edouard with, I don't buy it. So what if he doesn't go full-on spastic like others when he scores?

I'm glad he's here for another season, and I'll take him up front playing with Griff or Mikey Johnston or someone else, if that's what Ange has in mind.

In my entire 64 years of existence, I can't remember ever reading a sentence I've ever disagreed with more than this one.

Edouard played most of the season alone up front, meaning each opposing team with a gaffer having two brain cells to rub together had their defense collapse around him when he had the ball. Most people -- hell, even farm animals -- realize that this formation with Edouard as the lone striker was a poor setup, and everyone -- even the aforementioned farm animals -- would have learned a lesson and played more than one striker up front in subsequent games. But not Lennon/Kennedy.

Despite this, Edouard scored 22 goals for Celtic, 18 in the Premiership. Also, these 18 goals made Edouard the top scorer in the Premiership for 2020-21.

As for being "lazy" or "disinterested" or "having ennui" or whatever nonsense people tag Edouard with, I don't buy it. So what if he doesn't go full-on spastic like others when he scores?

I'm glad he's here for another season, and I'll take him up front playing with Griff or Mikey Johnston or someone else, if that's what Ange has in mind.
Your on a roll tonight Larry with picking rows alright.
I'll agree with you on eddy as a lone striker was a ridiculous call last season and was never going to get the best out of him, but I think disillusioned may be a better term to use to explain many of the under performances given last season.
18 goals with how many penalties? Would have him behind moi i think on goals from open play and with more game, all guesses as I don't buy into stats to much really.
However, I do believe that the club should be offering eddy a very hefty new contract now. Again without knowing figures of what he is currently on, I do believe he is worth 40K min a week to us. 2M in wages would be a steal for us and what he can give us in return with CL group football being the prize.
When you consider how much was wasted on loan earnings last season then a huge wage increase to eddy I believe should be in the offering.
Can't see Ange playing this loan striker nonsense, and eddy could be totally revitalise under Ange, so well worth paying the money for what the returns will bring imo, even if his mind is made up that he wants to move on.

A pay per game contract until he proved to Ange he was whats needed might have been an option imho.
If what we're reading is true regarding his terms being reduced, it makes complete sense to me to take a gamble on him, (again). For Griff's part, even half of what he was reportedly earning at Celtic will probably be more than double the wages he would've got at ANY other Scottish club.

It looks like The Boss is the kind of bloke who looks at every eventuality, and is willing to give everybody a fair chance to prove themselves. It also looks like he's the kind of bloke who doesn't take kindly to being let down. Time, of course, will tell. The more I'm seeing and reading, the more optimistic I feel. HH

If what we're reading is true regarding his terms being reduced, it makes complete sense to me to take a gamble on him, (again). For Griff's part, even half of what he was reportedly earning at Celtic will probably be more than double the wages he would've got at ANY other Scottish club.

It looks like The Boss is the kind of bloke who looks at every eventuality, and is willing to give everybody a fair chance to prove themselves. It also looks like he's the kind of bloke who doesn't take kindly to being let down. Time, of course, will tell. The more I'm seeing and reading, the more optimistic I feel. HH
The more I see and hear about ange the more optimistic I get.
So far hs seems to be the type of manager we were all lookin for.
Infact I think he's gonna create a team the likes we haven't seen in a long time.

Members online

Latest posts

Back