If true then only himself to blame.

Not be long now till some profit of doom comes on and says that must mean Eddie is offski. 😱😱😱😱
Quicker Eddie goes the better.
He has made it clear he wants out.
Ange has stated he doesnt want want aways.
He was blocked last year and we cant risk him being injured and leaving on a free.
Whatever we get for him will be needed to fund the rebuild. His fee was always part of that pot.
Ajer is in the same boat.

IMO Eddy would be doing himself a big favour by staying where he is.
I have never thought of Eddy being anymore than a lazy big bhoy who only turned up when the going was good,obviuosly I am wrong because a lot more knowledgeable people than me think highly of him,unfortunately for Eddy the French under21 manager is not one of them.
I cant remember any time when Eddy lost the ball he back tracked to get the ball back,for me it was ,can somebody get that ball for me..
The price Celtic were asking for Eddy I dont think put B.R. off signing him,I think his exclusion from the French Olympic team has had more of an impact on both B.R. and Eddy.
I sincerely hope he is not offered a free transfer next season if he stays this season because that to me would mean he was playing for himself again just like a couple of others who are still at Lennoxtown..
If there is money to be made from him this season I believe it should be taken,a free transfer is too high a price to pay for a guy who only has one thing on his mind...Himself..

HH.

IMO Eddy would be doing himself a big favour by staying where he is.
I have never thought of Eddy being anymore than a lazy big bhoy who only turned up when the going was good,obviuosly I am wrong because a lot more knowledgeable people than me think highly of him,unfortunately for Eddy the French under21 manager is not one of them.
I cant remember any time when Eddy lost the ball he back tracked to get the ball back,for me it was ,can somebody get that ball for me..
The price Celtic were asking for Eddy I dont think put B.R. off signing him,I think his exclusion from the French Olympic team has had more of an impact on both B.R. and Eddy.
I sincerely hope he is not offered a free transfer next season if he stays this season because that to me would mean he was playing for himself again just like a couple of others who are still at Lennoxtown..
If there is money to be made from him this season I believe it should be taken,a free transfer is too high a price to pay for a guy who only has one thing on his mind...Himself..

HH.
Eddys a class act GS ,you dont just lose the talent he has.Covid ,empty stadiums and the pressure of the 10 could have had a huge affect on the boy .IF he stayed and helped us win the league im sure he d be forgiven for his poor season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this deal works out and it can given a fresh management approach. Griff hadn't as much chance as he should have the last couple of seasons; given the example being set by the manager. Let's hope Ange gets the best out of him because a tuned-in Griff is a beautifully-devastating weapon to behold.

This was an ideal scenario for Ange. If I was manager I would just lay it out for griff. I'll give ye one season to prove you're up for the fight. If you don't pull your weight you're out to fuck.
So it's now time for griff to shite or get off the pot.

He's got another year on more money than he will get anywhere else in Scotland. 30k a week. That's 1.5m a year before deductions. If he screws the nut he can play on for another 3 years, probably not with us,
Then he can retire and live comfortably for the rest of his life.

Hopefully we have included clauses into his contract to ensure he stays fit and it is weighted more towards appearances rather than a large guaranteed salary. Ange could well be the disciplinarian who also encourages players to bring the best out of them which I suspect is the boss Griff needs. Hopefully Leigh will appreciate he has been given an extra opportunity and make the most of it - if he does then he could give us another 3 good seasons.

It has to be down to Ange on Griff...and given the short time he has been there he must already know he needs to pull
out an ace in his early decision making . I don't see him having many striking options in the short term so he is taking a calculated risk. Some will disagree but I believe it's the right decision. No one knows the contract details but I don't think Griff was in any position to make demands. Here's hoping it works out.

Not going to pretend, and
Very surprised at the decision made on the future of griff, so a couple of ways to look at it.
First, I would be amazed if JK recommended he should get a new contract, so shows JK hasn't got any influence on decision making any longer, which must be a good thing.
Second, I would be very confident now that we are going to ditch this 1 up top on his own, as Griff like eddy is a total waste as both won't offer you as much as there capable of.
Having a fully focused griff in a 2 or even a 3 would still be a potentially lethal weapon to have within our armoury.
Can griff be trusted now?
No idea, but the supporters won't be long to get on his back if the stinking attitude should continue.
Will give him the benefit of the doubt, only just mind, so hope to see a fully focused griff smashing in goals once again for us, when his own destiny with us still remains in his own hands.

Honestly he can do one.
if he performs this season he is ripping the piss after last season. He typified the issues.
I think the decision is more about where we are in our player needs and there is no way he is on £30 k a week.
I‘ll hope for the best but no great expectations. You can remind me I said this in three months if you want.
HH

Up to him. The club have been more than fair.
Absolutely up to him. The club has bent over backwards to accommodate Griff & have offered him an extension when there's a good chance the only thing other clubs would have offered is to help him pack. I am hoping he gets it together to be the player we know he can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back