IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

As I've said before I never met Michael and only knew him from the Noise.
As a result reading the many fine words written about the man have only emphasised what I felt all along. A good man and a true Celt.
However and I say this with a smile, what do you think he would have made of all the words written in his honour?
I would hazard a guess at some very gruff and forthright comment along the lines of, " this nonsense"
But Michael I would say your worth it.
Hail Hail
he would have cracked open another stella and claimed a riddy

I agree with you about the German beer Richy, fantastic stuff
I spent my 38th birthday there (1991) and we got a few crates of those big bottles in
Drank our faces off, and no hangoover in the morning
Heard it was illegal for breweries to put additives and preservatives in their beer, so that totally makes sense
And you're right Nick,the place is quiet, with no night shift on
The Rheinholdsgeboot, Germany purity laws. Only 4 things in German beer, water, hops, yeast and barley.
If I remember right Tennants has over 20 ingredients.

This post is what we should all be thinking about as it would be a true epitath for any Celtic supporter. As well as this the blog on celtic news now is a reflection on a life as a Celtic man. To MD's family and friends my condolences, to my fellow "noises" may we remember the man in our prayers God bless MD.
It's a great point wit a life he had supporting the celtic seeing all that.... brilliant glad he seen the second 9 n quad treble wont be done again and he seen it superb πŸ₯³

Brilliant article Larry, our 'night shift custodian' would be proud, and as some have already said, he'd have mentioned the 'riddy' and the :poop: as that's how he rolled, he wasn't backward, at coming forward
Through speaking with Michael via the message section, we built up a rapport,and a great friendship, discussing, debating, and generally laughing, at some of the situations we had found ourselves in, through the decades, as well as a mutual respect and willingness to help those less fortunate, it helped to have been in that position at times, growing up
We also realized that we had attended many matches, watching the Lions, although we never knew each other
Like everyone else, I miss Michael, but feel as though I've 'won a watch' from having known him

RIP Michael
You did us proud Mucker

YNWA

Guys it's with a heavy heart i have to start this thread. A giant in our family has gone but will never be forgotten. His heart like ours belongs to Celtic and with this in mind i hope you can find it in your hearts to donate to a memorial on Celtic Way on his behalf. I'll find out costs hopefully tomorrow but regardless of costs i know we will make it happen.
If anyone is not in a situation to contribute don't worry.
If we raise in excess of the cost involved the remainder will be given to the Celtic foundation on his behalf.
I hope we can all contribute Β£5.
I'll use one of my accounts to facilitate this and hope i have your trust to do so. I shall provide reciepts when it's done on this thread.
Acc name: S. Watson
Sort code: 80 45 40
Acc No. : 11953460.
Many thanks guysπŸ€
Indeed Steviebhoy, a worthy cause. I don't do online or phone banking. However I will be heading out to EK centre tomorrow and will make my first stop the bank. I think what you are doing here is another example of what we, the Celtic support do best. A good man remembered and a charity supported at the same time.:love:

Members online

Latest posts

Back