IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Stevie , thank you for getting the money together and sorting everything out , , over £ 700 is insane for a group of fannies that have never met , we just talk shite on a tinternet forum 🤷‍♂️😂

some effort all 👏🥇⭐
A group of fannies that have never met

So let’s use our imaginations and pretend we all decided to meet for a pint one day in 2042 when lockdown is finally over

how would that go 🤔 .....

This is a long story but I'll try and shorten it, years ago I wanted puzzle ball for Christmas (I dont mean years ago when I was 12, I mean years ago when I was 38) puzzle ball was a jigsaw thing that formed a globe of the earth, it excited me no end.
Anyway we lived in South Wales at the time, old South Wales not new South Wales unfortunately, and our neighbour's son was a pastor at a methodist church and we were invited to the Christmas eve Mass, it was shouty, very shouty, with lots of throwing arms in the air shouting hallelujah, praise the Lord all that jazz, fair enough. Then the pastor boy started getting all shouty and I'm convinced it was aimed at me so I said to the missus if this cunt keeps shouting at me I'm going to punch him in the fucking throat (I don't like being shouted at) so she's trying to calm me down, I'm counting to 100.
Next thing wee welsh pastor boy is in my face pointing at me and shouting in a ridiculous American accent "whats the greatest gift that could be under your tree this Christmas????"
So I replied "puzzle ball?"
Wrong! Apparently the correct answer was Jesus, we left soon after that, didn't get invited back the next year.
I am sure if someone was under your tree you would kick his cunt in then ask questions who the fuck are you and empty your pockets, even Jesus would not be so dumb to think people would just think it's him and just potter about around him.

1611831366565.png

Michael got to live some of the greatest Celtic teams- 7-1 League Cup Final, Big Jock, Lisbon, Leeds twice in semi, Milan ,9 in a row, Centenery Double, Fergus McCann, MoN, Henrik, Seville, The death of them, Invincible Treble, Double Trble, Triple Treble and 9 in a row again and the Quadruple Treble.
A life in Celtic, A Celt for life. A true Celtic man.
This post is what we should all be thinking about as it would be a true epitath for any Celtic supporter. As well as this the blog on celtic news now is a reflection on a life as a Celtic man. To MD's family and friends my condolences, to my fellow "noises" may we remember the man in our prayers God bless MD.

I agree with you about the German beer Richy, fantastic stuff
I spent my 38th birthday there (1991) and we got a few crates of those big bottles in
Drank our faces off, and no hangoover in the morning
Heard it was illegal for breweries to put additives and preservatives in their beer, so that totally makes sense
And you're right Nick,the place is quiet, with no night shift on
I had a weekend at Oktoberfest
You couldn’t get a drink unless you were seated
They stuck our lot beside a load of Italians
Inter Milan fans
It was strange for an hour or so till the drink kicked in then we could talk fluent pish no matter the language
I remember everyone singing
Mazzollas a diving bastard
Jim Craig would agree
Again no hangover despite only eating 6 cheeseburgers in 3 days

Last edited:
As I've said before I never met Michael and only knew him from the Noise.
As a result reading the many fine words written about the man have only emphasised what I felt all along. A good man and a true Celt.
However and I say this with a smile, what do you think he would have made of all the words written in his honour?
I would hazard a guess at some very gruff and forthright comment along the lines of, " this nonsense"
But Michael I would say your worth it.
Hail Hail

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back