IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

It took me a while to get into them, kinda wrongly wrote them off as 'just another heavy metal type band' :rolleyes:

I know, i know, i'll dook for chips tonight as a punishment
To be honest me too mate, I was near 30 before I got into them, I was into Metallica, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Guns n roses all that stuff then I started seeing this bird that was a bit older than me (fuck she was hot) she kept going on about Zeppelin, I remember going into an HMV store and buying my first Zeppelin cd, I could honestly take you to the very spot in the car park I was in, I remember the car I was driving (306 gti6) and the first song i listened to was Levee Breaks! I was fucking blown away, genuinely left me awestruck! Never had that before or since listening to a band, my love affair with zep started then and continues, there is no equal.

To be honest me too mate, I was near 30 before I got into them, I was into Metallica, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Guns n roses all that stuff then I started seeing this bird that was a bit older than me (fuck she was hot) she kept going on about Zeppelin, I remember going into an HMV store and buying my first Zeppelin cd, I could honestly take you to the very spot in the car park I was in, I remember the car I was driving (306 gti6) and the first song i listened to was Levee Breaks! I was fucking blown away, genuinely left me awestruck! Never had that before or since listening to a band, my love affair with zep started then and continues, there is no equal.
i got into them through my other favourite artist, funnily enough same song as you.
always remember my dad sniggering watching this, he looks like he's been playing lead guitar in the Zep for years, Jimmy Page could have had the night off

i got into them through my other favourite artist, funnily enough same song as you.
always remember my dad sniggering watching this, he looks like he's been playing lead guitar in the Zep for years, Jimmy Page could have had the night off

I seen Plant in the usher Hall in Edinburgh in the early 90s doing his solo stuff, it was good but I spent most of the concert partaking in nasal delicacies in the toilet, then he played Rock and Roll and the place went fucking mental! 😺

The doors, are another band that will never grow old, “the end” still gets the hairs on my neck standing up, the 1st Nazareth album, raz-a-manaz is probably the best ever rock album by a Scottish band, the sensational
Alex Harvey band were vastly underrated , giddy up a ding-dong, gang bang, next, always make smile

I seen Plant in the usher Hall in Edinburgh in the early 90s doing his solo stuff, it was good but I spent most of the concert partaking in nasal delicacies in the toilet, then he played Rock and Roll and the place went fucking mental! 😺
i love that venue, saw jack white twice in there which were awesome, meant to see ray davies front row seat, receptionist at usher hall gave us wrong start time so after spending 6 hours in a whisky bar round corner (drinking beer admittedly) we walked in as he was finishing :mad:

nasal delicacies ?
i turn my nose up at the very thought, sniff sniff ;)

The doors, are another band that will never grow old, “the end” still gets the hairs on my neck standing up, the 1st Nazareth album, raz-a-manaz is probably the best ever rock album by a Scottish band, the sensational
Alex Harvey band were vastly underrated , giddy up a ding-dong, gang bang, next, always make smile
Fucking loved the Doors back in the 80s, before my Zeppelin obsession!

i saw the doors about 15 years ago in carling academy, without jim obviously, place was half empty, couldn't believe it. the music was unbelievable.
My mate got the bands set lists, i was in a funny mood that night and set fire to them,
that's entertainment

Members online

Latest posts

Back