Injuries

Gary67

At today's press conference Rodgers said AJ will be out for 6-8 weeks after ankle surgery.
Marco Tilio will miss the start of the season as he recovers from injury sustained with Melbourne before signing.
Mikey Johnston out for 3 months with a back injury.
Good news is CCV is back training and on target to be ready for opening game of the season

and your clearly still a grumpy fucker 😂
MJ on form was a player
Bad injuries
Last chance but we need to be a wee bit more patient with our local lads
Too quick to dismiss any player with under 5 vowels
Easy for to say Smelly-G-Love 😁
Mikey is a talented lad but too lightweight for the SPFL for me
Guys like Gogic, Lundstrom and Shinnie stick the boot in from the strat and MJ tends to fade
Also, anyone playing against someone named 'Mikey' will have an edge, change your name to Mike or Mick, or Conan the Destroyer
I think Hacksaw will be a big player for us this season, if given the opportunity
Jota's made it hard for anyone to come in, as a winger, and make an instant impact
Looking forward to watching the Bhoys again this season
Too bad about AJ, but he'll be back, they make 'em tough in the Frozen North
And Tony Ralston will be ready to play his part

COYBIG
YNWA

Last edited:
Easy for to say Smelly-G-Love 😁
Mikey is a talented lad but too lightweight for the SPFL for me
Guys like Gogic, Lundstrom and Shinnie stick the boot in from the strat and MJ tends to fade
Also, anyone playing against someone named 'Mikey' will have an edge, change your name to Mike or Mick, or Conan the Destroyer
I think Hacksaw will be a big player for us this season, if given the opportunity
Jota's made it hard for anyone to come in, as a winger, and make an instant impact
Looking forward to watching the Bhoys again this season
Too bad about AJ, but he'll be back, they make 'em tough in the Frozen North
And Tony Ralston will be ready to play his part

COYBIG
YNWA
I’ll stand by this tomorrow DILL
I said many times last year, JOTA is way over rated. A fucking hunskelper like dembele but I noticed like I did with moussa the performances he didn’t put in v the shite. Again though, he sparkled when it mattered. Another wee guy called Abada did the same. Scored possibly 20/30% of the most important goals that we really thrived on the last 2 years.
Nae song, nae fandom like whoever….
Me, I must be the only cunt on here that would rather see an MJ over a Jota. Big bud, jota off…. Ach well money, nice message, who can blame him ……..it’s jota
These guys get the patience our own dont from most. Forrest 30 medals and many out there will never give him the credit due a guy whose win 3 x the medals of mcstay/grant etc.
Neil Lennon
One yes one bad season, the wrong season admittedly, the 20-25 medals gained as a player and then a manager….. in the fucking bin….
Some wee laddie comes in from Australia and he’ll get every fucking opportunity afforded by a support that want him to be a success
But Mikey Johnson, our big hope, fucked by injuries for a few years….
Get fucking rid ????????
Tillo plays one great season, like jota, worshiped, better offer, he’s off
Like Ange …. Nae loyalty despite the love shown to him…..
Maybe Ange saw how things went for real Celtic men and thought I’m a hero till I’m not
My point, we idolise guys when we’re winning, but almost show apathy to the real people. Imagine being in a dressing room, jota is getting songs for achieving a fraction of the things James Forrest achieved, meanwhile James Forrest is spoken about as a nobody
We give opportunity and undying patience to foreigners who fuck off at the first chance they get, yet show absolute apathy to those that cherish the chance to pull on the jersey. Imagine how these guys feel when there’s a collective groan at there tracksuit top coming off.
In all honesty, this is the only thing that pisses me off about being a Celtic supporter, unlike when I was a kid, we make it harder to succeed for a Scottish lad that only dreams of pulling in that jersey..,. And instead hype up the guys that will drop us at the first sight of the premiership and then we act as if our wives have cheated
Or something like that

I said many times last year, JOTA is way over rated. A fucking hunskelper like dembele but I noticed like I did with moussa the performances he didn’t put in v the shite. Again though, he sparkled when it mattered. Another wee guy called Abada did the same. Scored possibly 20/30% of the most important goals that we really thrived on the last 2 years.
Me, I must be the only cunt on here that would rather see an MJ over a Jota. Big bud, jota off…. Ach well money, nice message, who can blame him ……..it’s jota
These guys get the patience our own dont from most. Forrest 30 medals and many out there will never give him the credit due a guy whose win 3 x the medals of mcstay/grant etc.
Neil Lennon
One yes one bad season, the wrong season admittedly, the 20-25 medals gained as a player and then a manager….. in the fucking bin….
Some wee laddie comes in from Australia and he’ll get every fucking opportunity afforded by a support that want him to be a success
Get fucking rid ????????
Maybe Ange saw how things went for real Celtic men and thought I’m a hero till I’m not
My point, we idolise guys when we’re winning, but almost show apathy to the real people. Imagine being in a dressing room, jota is getting songs for achieving a fraction of the things James Forrest achieved, meanwhile James Forrest is spoken about as a nobody
We give opportunity and undying patience to foreigners who fuck off at the first chance they get, yet show absolute apathy to those that cherish the chance to pull on the jersey. Imagine how these guys feel when there’s a collective groan at there tracksuit top coming off.
In all honesty, this is the only thing that pisses me off about being a Celtic supporter, unlike when I was a kid, we make it harder to succeed for a Scottish lad that only dreams of pulling in that jersey..,. And instead hype up the guys that will drop us at the first sight of the premiership and then we act as if our wives have cheated
Or something like that
No argument from me on that score pal
I hope MJ proves many of us wrong
Hh

Neil Lennon
Get fucking rid ????????
Or something like that
Well said - why do we have to go to Oz and Korea to get project young players - and Argentina for average left backs ? That Oz bhoy hardly looks like an athlete ffs ! Where are our development players ? Dont the people responsible for youth players have objectives to attain ?

I see BR quoted as saying Kyogo is still recovering from the shoulder injury he had near the end of last season.
One for the watching as he's had this problem before ...mainly due to unpunished thuggery from Lundstram right enough.
Once you've dislocated a shoulder then it will often always be a problem. I did mine in a monsoon at the Barrhead Redhawks back in the day and it gave me problems for years.

All the more reason to get in another striker to back up Oh and Maeda (both of whom may well suffer unjust suspensions for racking up bookings for challenges that our opponents get to do unpunished on our defenders).

Once you've dislocated a shoulder then it will often always be a problem. I did mine in a monsoon at the Barrhead Redhawks back in the day and it gave me problems for years.

All the more reason to get in another striker to back up Oh and Maeda (both of whom may well suffer unjust suspensions for racking up bookings for challenges that our opponents get to do unpunished on our defenders).
Your right about the dislocated shoulder BB it seems they considered an operation to try and put it right but decided it could be managed as Kyogo has himself said it is neither completely better nor any worse... so makes sense to play Maeda in the position he plays for the national team....looks like we will see more use of Oh and Maeda this season I think given that information.

Other good news is both CCV and Tony Ralston are back in full training this weekend and will join up with the rest of the squad on their return from the Japan tour Tuesday.
CCV return is particularly great news !!

Tony-the-Tiger-bows-out-as-Kellogg-s-tailors-Variety-Packs-targeted-at-kids-to-be-HFSS-compliant.jpg

Back in training.

The Japan tour was possibly unique in terms of the number of 'visiting' players from the host nation and the public interest it generated. It was a bit of a showcase and celebration of Japanese football and showed the esteem Celtic are held in by Japanese fans.
I wouldn't read too much into what happened on the pitch. The players were there to put on an entertaining performance and they did. Good training run out and great to see some young players getting exposure. Great cultural experience for the players and the club can only benefit from the goodwill of Japanese football fans and continued expansion into new markets.

*Edit - yeah I know it's in the wrong thread but fuck it it's here now.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back