Injuries

An' this bein' an over seventies night tae.

Bliddy upstarts.
That made me laugh Frank, a local old timers rugby team, went to Scotland and Ireland to play some games, it was the local constabulary and they were great to hang out with, one night after a league game, we were in the local Army & Navy club (cheap beer on tap and the locals loved it) because they would get about 100 (players, wives, girlfriends, and friends) from our our league in there, on the bevvy...After they got back to Canada, I said "So what was the highlight of your trip boys ?"...unanimously the shout was "Glasgow...Grab a granny night !!!" Priorities eh ? As the drink was flowing one of our players, a scouser, stood up singing "Hold him down, you zulu warrior..." and started to disrobe...shirt off, shorts dropped, and this led to several others doing the same, all singing the zulu warrior and doing the dance, while bollock naked...the manager comes running out..."I'm phoning the cops !!!"..."We are the cops !!!...Hold him down you zulu warrior !!!" They made a fortune every week from us...miss those days ;-)

Grab a great granny night for me👵👵

That made me laugh Frank, a local old timers rugby team, went to Scotland and Ireland to play some games, it was the local constabulary and they were great to hang out with, one night after a league game, we were in the local Army & Navy club (cheap beer on tap and place loved it because they would about 100 from our our league in there, on the bevvy...After they got back to Canada, I said "So what was the highlight of your trip boys ?"...unanimously the shout was "Glasgow...Grab a granny night !!!" Priorities eh ? As the drink was flowing one of our players, a scouser, stood up singing "Hold him down, you zulu warrior..." and staretd to disrobe...shirt off, shorts dropped, ad this led to several others doing the same, all singing the zulu warrior and doing the dance, while bollock naked...the manager comes running out..."I'm phoning the cops !!!"..."We are the cops !!!...Hold him down you zulu warrior !!!" They made a fortune every week from us...miss those days ;-)
A great story Dill: even better that it's from your own very obviously well- lived life.
Priceless to have such memories and stories to tell.

Anybody think our back 5 might be the following…

……………………….Hart………………………..

Ralston…….Johnston……….Lagerbielke…………Taylor

Reasons being, I can’t see Scales getting the nod here from the start as he lacks pace and with him getting done like a dinner a couple of times and him allowing the ball to bounce in our defensive third is a definite defensive no no.

In midfield I think we should go with Callum, O’Riley and Iwata. If he plays Turnbull and O’Riley together it will be a mistake imo.

The front 3 to start all being fit as below…..

Abada……………….KYOGO……………..Maeda

Why? Maeda to start for his pace and ability to harass the fck out of the Hun defence. Abada has been there and done that and likes a goal or 2 against the Huns. I would bring on Yang with 30 mins to go to get at Tavpen which I reckon he could do.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see our new signing Luis Palma getting 20 mins or so and Haksa (if picked) to replace O’Riley at some point.

KYOGO has to be allowed to play the way he knows best…..and that’s on the shoulder of the last defender.

Tactics? Press their back 4 at every opportunity. They will make mistakes. Keep their fullbacks pinned in. Stop them crossing balls in to our box. Win every second ball as this will be crucial.

I firmly believe this team if they‘re right up for it (and this is where the manager has to earn his pay) will get a result...
I've been crying out for iwata to start in MF imatim and cannot for the life of me understand why he's not featured there yet. He adds steel and can be the anchorman instead of calmac.
I fear for us should turnbull start as you never know which turnbull is going to turn up, if he can be arsed he's great but he'll face meaty challenges and that worries me he'll dissappear like he has done often before, iwata is a different proposition.

Haven't seen anything yet from Holm that would warrant a start in this game, a few flashes but not there yet.
The defence I can't argue with that and would agree its probably our strongest line up for now.
Maeda is a must be it through the middle or wing just because his pace is going to worry any defense.
So aye , and aye to Yang as well he causes problems and their defense don't have to far to look for those.

Looks like Abada could be out of next couple of games.
Seemingly pulled up in training on international duty.
Quad muscle problem....wont play today and awaiting a scan to see the extent of the injury.
I don't think we ever come back from the international break without additional injuries.
Very frustrating to put it mildly.

Looks like Abada could be out of next couple of games.
Seemingly pulled up in training on international duty.
Quad muscle problem....wont play today and awaiting a scan to see the extent of the injury.
I don't think we ever come back from the international break without additional injuries.
Very frustrating to put it mildly.
Always an issue during the International break, Abada signs a new contract extension, looking forward to getting more game time, and the injury hoodoo strikes yet again, hopefully it' not long term and he is given the time to heal and not come back too early HH

Last edited:
Back