January Rumours - Merged

And once again the ghost of Peter Lawwell makes us look like fools.
It would not be so hard to take that we are now nowhere near the recruits Lennon spoke about at the beginning of the window if I was not so sure that every time Lennon opens his mouth Lawwell does the talking
At least 4 new players was his quote,,but he retraced his steps last night when he told us he would not be unhappy if he did not sign anymore,,does anybody think that was Lawwell,s quote and not Lennon,s.
He did the same last January when we lost possibly one of the best signings we could have had over the last 5 years..John McGinn,,because he was not paying Hibs the extra £250,000..they wanted..
Another smart move by Lawwell which has probably cost Celtic FC a possible £15m in future transfer fee..

HH.

Lennon said he wanted players with experience who would go straight into the first team and have them in for the winter training camp. Stated he wanted 3-4 players.
We get a 21 year old project striker, who the manager obviously doesn't trust hence he subs a striker for a winger when the new striker is sitting on the bench. After we signed him, Lennon said he wanted at least another 2-3 players in. We buy another 21 year old project player, again Lennon says he wants at least another player in.
So with 4 hours of the transfer window we have not brought in one player the manager asked for. I wonder if Lennon is now remembering why he left the job the first time

Wanyama off to french club 18th in the league with spurs payin 70% of the wages

Got to hand it to the shysters on our board they get away with it every season
Lennon made no bones about the fact this was a player he wanted.
£1.5 million loan fee and and just over 20k a week in wages. For a title push and the Europa League I'd have said the risk could have been repaid in success and financially. Doesn't exactly point to backing the manager, but there is a risk with injury history etc but I I guess Lawwell decided this wasn't happening when Soro signed.

Lennon made no bones about the fact this was a player he wanted.
£1.5 million loan fee and and just over 20k a week in wages. For a title push and the Europa League I'd have said the risk could have been repaid in success and financially. Doesn't exactly point to backing the manager, but there is a risk with injury history etc but I I guess Lawwell decided this wasn't happening when Soro signed.

2012 Wanyama? definitely!
2020 Wanyama?? Band aid

The contempt that this board has for Celtic fans is scandalous. The more money the fans put in, the less goes to the team. Downsizing the team every year but the board payments won’t be downsizing. Utter disgrace.
Truth absolutely takes the fans for granted ,that’s me finished no more money from me love Celtic to I die always will

Neil Lennon is a fuckin puppet for Tory Pete. Lawell has the hand buried up Lennons hole to the oxter. And yet we all seem to buy the same dung spewed at the beginning of every transfer window. It's fuckin maddening and that fat fuck will still get his bonus. Fuckin ragin!

Back