January Rumours - Merged

Let's be honest and not kid ourselves. I'll be very surprised if we spend more than £10mil in this window.
Complacency has allowed a team who have more loans than Greece to catch us, while our bank balance is reportedly extremely healthy. I too fear Lawell will continue in his bastard cheapskate ways until we lose the league and he is sacked, as he should be if he fucks us up.

They could never overtake us unless we stood still. Well, right now we need to invest in back up and class to put a rocket up the arse of our players not affected by competition for places. Lenny needs to get background Ng or he too will be in possession of a jaikit on a shaky nail if we make a self inflicted arse of it. A deed club with no money have us on the ropes. Anybody who tries to defend our board for that can do one.

Just curious, but would it be a successful window if we signed the 2 Southampton loan players on a permanent contract and no one else???????.

My own preference would be to sign both in the summer if they wanted to stay, and sign a ready made CH and a ready made front man to help Eddie this month preferably before the 31st.

9 is the aim 🎯
My preference would be,,ready made striker,,ready made midfielder and ready made centre back..
I also want to know why Lenny is not showing a lot of faith in Greig Taylor,,.

HH.

My preference would be,,ready made striker,,ready made midfielder and ready made centre back..
I also want to know why Lenny is not showing a lot of faith in Greig Taylor,,.

HH.
I don't understand the Taylor thing either pal. A LB who we thought good enough to sign yet keep asking Hayes to fill in? Also i don't get the situation with Griff. He's fit enough for the bench but making it hard for him to get a few goals for his confidence as long as he only brings him on late in matches.

I don't understand the Taylor thing either pal. A LB who we thought good enough to sign yet keep asking Hayes to fill in? Also i don't get the situation with Griff. He's fit enough for the bench but making it hard for him to get a few goals for his confidence as long as he only brings him on late in matches.
We have bought two left backs, one cannot defend, in possession is a nightmare, indeed everytime he gets the ball you inwardly say, oh fuck. The other was another cheap option who couldn't be worse than Boli but still doesn't get a game. The fact neither are deemed good enough means £6m and wages wasted with a 30 something winger getting the nod. Farcical.

When will the penny drop that quality costs and can be sold on for a profit?

It,s almost as if he is trying to sicken Taylor and Griff enough for them to knock on his door and ask WHY.
Griff cant be expected to do a lot in 3minutes,7 minutes or 11 minute sub appearances..
For me he needs to reverse the roles with Eddy on the bench and give Griff a chance to show him what he has left..
We owe Griff that much,,

HH.

HH.

A Manager who refuses to change , players who have given up knocking on his door when they see the dross that get a game in front of them

When he took over from the snake we all thought he was being cautious with his selections

Now i've just given up even the subs are baffling , when you look at the full squad out training at lennoxtown you would be as well sending 3/4s of them back inside

Because we have a manager who dosen't know how to utilize his squad

Young Demble anywhere else in the world after being named in uefas one to watch list would have been given game time to bring him on ,,,,,,not us we do the scottish thing secure his signature give him a wee cameo and then dump him in with the stiffs ,no wonder the ambition wears off really quick

I wish we would learn our lessons from previous transfer windows and do some early business for once. I would have liked to have had a couple of early signings already so they could travel to Dubai with the squad (if still safe to do so) so they could get integrated into the team before we need to start playing them.

If we do our usual and wait until the last day then it means trying to squeeze new players in during a tough run of matches, which is always a gamble.

Just to reiterate, when we return we face 13 matches in a period of only 7 weeks. This includes home & away in Europe, 3 games on plastic pitches (Killie, Livi & Hamilton), a must win away cup tie and away to Aberdeen. This run of fixtures is then followed by a visit to ibrokes.

Therefore we need to give ourselves the best chance possible of winning 9IAR, even if we have to pay an extra few £100K for a player - we are better placed to afford this than most clubs at our level in Europe due to several years of profits.

I know the window has just opened and a negotiation requires agreement by at least 3 parties (us, the other team and player/agent) but surely our highly paid employees have done as much groundwork as possible in preparation for the start of this month so they can get things moving quickly. They certainly having been distracted fighting our club's corner during the last few days anti-Celtic media campaign onslaught by sevco, ex-newco/deidco pundits, level 5 churnalists, SFA compliance officer, etc!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back