January Rumours - Merged

Just curious, but would it be a successful window if we signed the 2 Southampton loan players on a permanent contract and no one else???????.

My own preference would be to sign both in the summer if they wanted to stay, and sign a ready made CH and a ready made front man to help Eddie this month preferably before the 31st.

9 is the aim 🎯

Just curious, but would it be a successful window if we signed the 2 Southampton loan players on a permanent contract and no one else???????.

My own preference would be to sign both in the summer if they wanted to stay, and sign a ready made CH and a ready made front man to help Eddie this month preferably before the 31st.

9 is the aim 🎯
Not sure how the club will look at it. As we have both players on loan til the end of the season there is no financial sense in completing either deal for the Saints players until the next window (though we do run the risk of other parties showing interest).
I'd rather we did if possible get the guts of what was pervious the summer transfer work this month. Key players at least. Just so we can get them in and bedded in before Euro qualifiers.
Let's be honest Eddy will be off in the summer and he'll be at least what we got for Tierney possibly more.
We'd need to use that money to replace him. I assume we'll need two strikers if Eddy goes and I'd rather we got his replacement in now and a back up. If we got 25 mil for Eddy the board would probably allow 9/10million for two strikers. Would they front that money now? Possibly not but it would be sensible. Same with the defensive midfielder who I assume will be Soro given the Israeli market connections. £3/4mil. Would take a change in tactics from previous seasons. Then focus on Forster and Moi in the summer. I know Lenny wants another defender but with Ajer, Jullien, Jozo and Bitton Elhamed in place I don't see that being any more than a low cost project or a loan deal

Not sure how the club will look at it. As we have both players on loan til the end of the season there is no financial sense in completing either deal for the Saints players until the next window (though we do run the risk of other parties showing interest).
I'd rather we did if possible get the guts of what was pervious the summer transfer work this month. Key players at least. Just so we can get them in and bedded in before Euro qualifiers.
Let's be honest Eddy will be off in the summer and he'll be at least what we got for Tierney possibly more.
We'd need to use that money to replace him. I assume we'll need two strikers if Eddy goes and I'd rather we got his replacement in now and a back up. If we got 25 mil for Eddy the board would probably allow 9/10million for two strikers. Would they front that money now? Possibly not but it would be sensible. Same with the defensive midfielder who I assume will be Soro given the Israeli market connections. £3/4mil. Would take a change in tactics from previous seasons. Then focus on Forster and Moi in the summer. I know Lenny wants another defender but with Ajer, Jullien, Jozo and Bitton Elhamed in place I don't see that being any more than a low cost project or a loan deal
I think you're pretty much spot on Nial but i think £25mil for Eddy given todays market far too cheap. I believe we can get £35-40 mil and hold firm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back