January Rumours - Merged

Saw an article this morning saying Celtic fans were critical of Lubo for indicating that Sporar was a class act. The article stated that Celtic fans said that 'he said the same about Bayo'. I am not sure who these Celtic fans are because Lubo's article about Bayo was not that overtly complimentary. I recall he said, that he thought Bayo was a bit off the skill level and composure required for Celtic but could develop etc etc. I recall hoping he was wrong. I think with Sporar (who we seem to have dithered over in the transfer market again) Lubo is indicating he is a different league and he has composure, skill and is strong. Now we have to believe he prefers Sporting Lisbon - aye diz eh - more crap.

However, what is Lennie about with this 'nip and tuck' nonsense - the only reason we are nip and tuck with The Rangers is we have dithered repeatedly in transfer markets and we have too many injuries. We do not have enough quality strikers and Lennie played guys like Morgan over and over at the expense of Sinclair. What was the strategy there then - now we have sold Morgan on? I think it was time for Scotty to leave but we need experience in that team. Glad I got that off my chest before going to work. 😂
Aye , with you on that. What was the point of lenny playing morgan repeatedly in front of the "experienced head" of sinky (the type of player hes now saying he is looking for) and bigging him up to the support (who never bought it really) then sell him on at the first opportunity? I struggle to get my head around this one. If he is as good as we were asked to believe why have we sold him for a modest fee? If we are to say (guestimate) that hes been sold for £1 million (dont think it's that high) and even add sell on clause, then the club have made £750,000 profit chicken feed for us selling young players on for huge profits is our speciality apparently so to me this deal makes no sense unless lenny has made the decision that he was wrong about morgan. Even then I still struggle with it as we all know there is a player there but we just haven't got the best out of him. All very peculiar and goes against the trend Celtic have made when developing young talent to sell for huge profit.

Aye , with you on that. What was the point of lenny playing morgan repeatedly in front of the "experienced head" of sinky (the type of player hes now saying he is looking for) and bigging him up to the support (who never bought it really) then sell him on at the first opportunity? I struggle to get my head around this one. If he is as good as we were asked to believe why have we sold him for a modest fee? If we are to say (guestimate) that hes been sold for £1 million (dont think it's that high) and even add sell on clause, then the club have made £750,000 profit chicken feed for us selling young players on for huge profits is our speciality apparently so to me this deal makes no sense unless lenny has made the decision that he was wrong about morgan. Even then I still struggle with it as we all know there is a player there but we just haven't got the best out of him. All very peculiar and goes against the trend Celtic have made when developing young talent to sell for huge profit.
If he's on about 10k a week then we won't even break even, if the price is under 1m.

If he's on about 10k a week then we won't even break even, if the price is under 1m.
Would have preferred another loan move for Morgan to an spfl side like ajer and Christie. I get it the squad needs trimmed though I thought that would mean offloading fringe players. Lenny has been using him as a first team player and sinky was one if not used much of late. I dont see how this benefits us unless Beckham and inter Miami are going to set up some partnership on the back of this, all quite puzzling

Would have preferred another loan move for Morgan to an spfl side like ajer and Christie. I get it the squad needs trimmed though I thought that would mean offloading fringe players. Lenny has been using him as a first team player and sinky was one if not used much of late. I dont see how this benefits us unless Beckham and inter Miami are going to set up some partnership on the back of this, all quite puzzling
A strange one indeed.

Looks like it's going to be the usual tranfer window...lennon says he wanted new faces to join us in Dubai. Everyone knows we need to strengthen. There will be no new faces in Dubai. Then as the window ends, with no new faces, Lennon will do Lawwels bidding and tell us all that our squad is strong enough and he didnt need anyone 🙄
Sounds familiar pray its not so 🙏

Business as usual then.
I'm holding out because there is everything at stake and I cannot believe even Lawell would keep staring at his shoes.

This is by a distance the most crucial window in 20 years. I'm concerned we may be going down the list of ability that we are renowned for. If I am wrong and he pulls his usual project cheapskate pish and we fall, he needs to go. The cunt won't but with enough of a storm by us his position will be untenable.

I hope they all realise that hope and faith are fucking useless and actual real action is required. Time will tell.

I still believe we will bring quality. There is no choice. Now with more players injured and a few leaving, there is more need and before these latest injuries we needed at least four players. Lennon and Lawells jaikits are on shaky nails if we fuck ourselves up and let a deed club with no money to win the league.
They have to act. And I feel they will, or pay the consequences with their jobs. It's self preservation. The only thing that truly motivates Lawell. Hang on in there. They will come.
I would like to see it but doubt it very much. It the same old story unfolding.

3 week's tae go.

never knew the huns game in hand is not until after the Ibrox game, so it could go back to the tic been 5 ahead with the huns playing catch up. Guy mentioned it on RC and the host and Beattie said if everything remains the same with none dropping points and keeping on winning then the huns game on hand will have them one ahead, the guy said if they keep winning my point is if we Celtic win the Ibrox game its 5 ahead and the huns need to make up 5 points, they could not get it, that someone would have to win the Ibrox game and the guys point was Celtic winning it and going 5 ahead, and stating his initial statement which was the huns will not be ahead if all things been equal and until the Ibrox game is played which they would need to win, naturally a draw on the day also changing nothing.

There's time yet I'm thinking like a million other Celtic fans. However, this season of all seasons we should have gone out and made it impossible for a quality striker to turn us down. We need quality - we have more developments than the middle east. I also think when a player see's a club coming back and forth with half offers and hints - it doesn't exactly tell them their wanted nor does it reflect well on the club. This window was an opportunity to show intent after the McGinn debacle and I guess that I just cannot come to terms with another load of emptiness. What happened to the Lennie who was saying ideally we want them in for the training in Dubai? Nip and tuck - get to F*** . This Board and this Manager should be very wary of capitulating to a very-average The Rangers side. I am still hoping but I ain't going to talk about a 3rd choice Polish or get excited - I'm normally more positive but we seem to be a depressing oasis of nothingness and platitudes from our Board.

Back