January Transfer Window Thread

Yet again - why did we wait until the last few days of the window before trying to sign Davies? We could have sealed his pre-signature a couple of weeks ago then negotiated with them to see if we could get him in early for a small fee.
The club seem incapable of just getting deals done quickly always has to be a long protracted affair in which the players agent usually ends up saying bugger this and moves on to another club and the club utter the immortal words (we tried but just couldn't get the deal over the line)

Yet again - why did we wait until the last few days of the window before trying to sign Davies? We could have sealed his pre-signature a couple of weeks ago then negotiated with them to see if we could get him in early for a small fee.
The player, or rather his agent, will have said wait until the end of the window and we'll see who's interested. We've supposedly agreed term with him and were negotiating with Preston to get deal done this month. Alex Neil said after Preston game yesterday that no deal has been agreed and he expected him to stay until the summer. Liverpool coming in is a game changer for the player, if true.

The club seem incapable of just getting deals done quickly always has to be a long protracted affair in which the players agent usually ends up saying bugger this and moves on to another club and the club utter the immortal words (we tried but just couldn't get the deal over the line)
Lawwell's inability to conclude a transfer deal has cost us over the years

The player, or rather his agent, will have said wait until the end of the window and we'll see who's interested. We've supposedly agreed term with him and were negotiating with Preston to get deal done this month. Alex Neil said after Preston game yesterday that no deal has been agreed and he expected him to stay until the summer. Liverpool coming in is a game changer for the player, if true.
But if you've agreed terms 3 days ago get it signed. Contracts are signed by email in minutes these days. The terms and conditions will have been agreed so no excuses for not emailing the final document immediately he has agreed. At that point see if you can cut a deal with the club.

Trouble with buying Hibs players is they up the ante when Celtic come calling and Lowball doesn't like that. And I dont think any of the 2 players mentioned are worth paying over the odds for, Martin Boyle aye maybe as he's a winger, surely we can convert him to a right back 😜
I don't think we can discount any SPFL players, as they are playing better and more cohesive, as a unit, than the overpaid, snowflakes we're watching week in, week out
Personally I'd take a few of the Hibs and Aberdeen players, who are tried and true, in our game, rather than go in for some you tube sensation, who can't cut it in our weather, the lanuguage, the food, and just basically being in the goldfish bowl of Glasgow
That's just how I see it, after all the shite we've witnessed this season
Fair play to those teams who have come in and given it 100% against us
Puts our squad to shame
imho
HH

It seems that a Sweedish agent has been trying to get us to buy Jordan Larsson from Spartak - what do folks think?
He was linked a few years back, and nothing came of it
By all accounts he's no Henrik (who is ?) and the burden of carrying that name, might just be too much for him playing for Celtic
In order to win the SPFL, we need players who can hack it, the physical stuff, the mud and sweat guys, who don't hide
We hear names thrown about every day and it's usually agents playing silly buggers, to see if anyone bites
If we don't sign Ben Davies, now that Liverpool have apparently shown interest at the last minute, heads should roll
Next game, I'd have a back line of Ralston, Welsh, Ajer, Taylor, couldn't be any worse than the dross we've been forced to watch, these past few weeks/months
We live in hope of getting some defensive help

HH

Tonight's rumour, Jonjoe Kenny on loan from Everton. Surprised if true as Burnley were trying to sign him for about £6m.
Certainly a better option than Stephen O'Donnell but only if there's a buy option.

We were after the two Bens from last July. What takes us so long to get transfers over the line. How many players have we lost this way. This club is a joke.🤬
Money and agents

Not sure why you think his agent would agree to come here early when better deal has time to materialise.

And fact we are already spending too much on wages, we have a limit to how much we can offer.

Is that the bit you dont understand?

Are you suggesting club should just offer whatever anybody we want wants?

Coz we would be bankrupt in couple signings if they did that.

And if you aren't gonna offer the dude the wage he thinks he deserves then you have an auction situation.

its like going to an auction house making an opening bid then getting outbid

Not much different to that to be honest and if your competition get huge tv bungs to help outbid you both in premium and wages

you either suck it up or go burst trying to compete with offers you cant sustain

frustrating I know

but its not possible to get it done early while so much money floating around for players at other clubs and we dont have that regular bung system on our side

Tonight's rumour, Jonjoe Kenny on loan from Everton. Surprised if true as Burnley were trying to sign him for about £6m.
Certainly a better option than Stephen O'Donnell but only if there's a buy option.
Id rather have o donnel

know what your getting

decent value, knows Scottish football can handle weather

last dudes from epl have been very poor value on and off field

and well they usually think Scottish football a step down and dont really give a toss about trying very hard since they are already multimillionaires

Money and agents

Not sure why you think his agent would agree to come here early when better deal has time to materialise.

And fact we are already spending too much on wages, we have a limit to how much we can offer.

Is that the bit you dont understand?

Are you suggesting club should just offer whatever anybody we want wants?

Coz we would be bankrupt in couple signings if they did that.

And if you aren't gonna offer the dude the wage he thinks he deserves then you have an auction situation.

its like going to an auction house making an opening bid then getting outbid

Not much different to that to be honest and if your competition get huge tv bungs to help outbid you both in premium and wages

you either suck it up or go burst trying to compete with offers you cant sustain

frustrating I know

but its not possible to get it done early while so much money floating around for players at other clubs and we dont have that regular bung system on our side
We just recieved good money for Frimpong. Why couldn't we use that cash to secure Davies who is badly needed for £2mil ?

We just recieved good money for Frimpong. Why couldn't we use that cash to secure Davies who is badly needed for £2mil ?
coz i suspect we are gonna lose 30 million this season and that money now needed to bolster working capital in pandemic

besides he might actually be shite here

just like higher profile players we got this season

besides his agent would still not tie it up at that point the auction would still go further as they offer next club chance to outbid you.

thats why its an auction window.

the player and his agent want best deal if he in demand they will bounce you off the other buyers just like any other auction

Id rather have o donnel

know what your getting

decent value, knows Scottish football can handle weather

last dudes from epl have been very poor value on and off field

and well they usually think Scottish football a step down and dont really give a toss about trying very hard since they are already multimillionaires
I'd have reservations over the attitude and what is required in Scottish football, however I'm certain he should acclimatise from Liverpool to Glasgow's microclimate, I'm also sure he's marginally better having played for Schalke than O'Donnell, that said o'Donnel may be slower than a week in the jail, but he's a solid full back, as of tonight free to sign and we should get both and have minimal impact on the wage bill (for one at least)

Members online

Latest posts

Back