January Transfer Window Thread

As MD would have said, believe phuq all until we see him in a Celtic strip after he has signed, but a few rumours of us trying to get 19 year old versatile midfielder Liam Shaw from Sheffield Wednesday. If true then yet another young project trying to break into an overcrowded midfield when we already have players like Luca Connell and Karamoko Dembele barely getting a sniff of action!

Good luck to the fella if it is true, but is this really the best use of our limited budget?

Last edited:
Trouble with buying Hibs players is they up the ante when Celtic come calling and Lowball doesn't like that. And I dont think any of the 2 players mentioned are worth paying over the odds for, Martin Boyle aye maybe as he's a winger, surely we can convert him to a right back 😜
If the prices being bid by the EFL clubs are the prices they may be going for then I wouldn't say that was over the odds, given the time left on their contract I'm surprised they are that low. The Lawwell/Petrie dynamic has now all but gone between the clubs and their new American owner will not let personnel feelings get in the way of money. For me Nisbet could be a good Griffiths replacement, get him in now ahead of next season. Porteous is a bigger gamble but at £1m one worth taking, especially given we probably need to sign 3 CHs between now and the summer.

If the prices being bid by the EFL clubs are the prices they may be going for then I wouldn't say that was over the odds, given the time left on their contract I'm surprised they are that low. The Lawwell/Petrie dynamic has now all but gone between the clubs and their new American owner will not let personnel feelings get in the way of money. For me Nisbet could be a good Griffiths replacement, get him in now ahead of next season. Porteous is a bigger gamble but at £1m one worth taking, especially given we probably need to sign 3 CHs between now and the summer.
Might be wrong here ( again) but isn't Dempster the one you we deal with now. The prices mention are decent however I would bet that Celtic would be told no thats not the price this is, probably double especially Porteous.

Ps Dempster and Neil dont exactly get on after Neil walked out on Hibs.

Might be wrong here ( again) but isn't Dempster the one you we deal with now. The prices mention are decent however I would bet that Celtic would be told no thats not the price this is, probably double especially Porteous.

Dempster has left as well, she's now CEO at Queens Park. Not sure if they've appointed a new CEO yet.

I agree about Nisbet. We have to assume Eduoard will leave at some point and Elyounoussi will probably not return next season. The man is joint top scorer in the league with Tavpen and I'm not sure we can turn our noses up at that, plus he works hard all over the pitch.

Porteus is a risk, but must be better than Duffy and will cost a lot less in wages than Elhamed if he does leave us. Personally I'd give him and Welsh a run of games to establish themselves, with Ajer at RB.

He didn’t exactly just ‘walk’ out 50. He was shown the door.

I agree about Nisbet. We have to assume Eduoard will leave at some point and Elyounoussi will probably not return next season. The man is joint top scorer in the league with Tavpen and I'm not sure we can turn our noses up at that, plus he works hard all over the pitch.

Porteus is a risk, but must be better than Duffy and will cost a lot less in wages than Elhamed if he does leave us. Personally I'd give him and Welsh a run of games to establish themselves, with Ajer at RB.
For the first time in Christ knows how long I’d love us to get a striker that can put a cross into the back of the net
Guys like frimpong, Taylor and laxalt get stick for not been able to cross a ball but I can’t remember the last time we had a player that could attack a cross
Thommo was a great player when Larsson Sutton and Hartson were on the end of his crosses but a year after they left he ‘looked’ done

For the first time in Christ knows how long I’d love us to get a striker that can put a cross into the back of the net
Guys like frimpong, Taylor and laxalt get stick for not been able to cross a ball but I can’t remember the last time we had a player that could attack a cross
Thommo was a great player when Larsson Sutton and Hartson were on the end of his crosses but a year after they left he ‘looked’ done
👍👍👍 I’d just like us tae buy a player who goes straight into the team no one for the future shite a player who is fuckin ready to play now no next month,year🙈🙈

Back