January Transfer Window Thread

Problem there BB is getting them up to a European standard. Fair enough if the Scottish league is there max standard but more chance of finding that extra quality from the European scene as things stand
But what we are doing by imitating a European style play just now isn't working for us in European tournaments. Maybe we are better going for a style of play that suits us better and get in about the opposition - slightly less talented players, but selected ones who actually play as a team to their strengths with proper coaching to a defined tactics (look how successful sevco have been with more limited players than we have).

So we will blame him now for having such an over inflated squad who pick up a wage yet are only being developed to go backwards then
I blame him

lenny might be pish

but he didn't start the fire

he cant put it out and its in danger of getting out of hand

but rodgers poured petrol on the problem then fire bombed it on his way out door

you could solve it instantly by selling all high earners and setting up a new structure

but that would require humility and balls

something missing badly at club this year

I blame him

lenny might be pish

but rodgers poured petrol on the problem then fire bombed it on his way out door

you could solve it instantly by selling all high earners and setting up a new structure

Again disagree, the club was still in a strong financial position, yet under puppet lenny in 4 transfer windows him and PL traitor have managed to make a total fuck of things altogether, that some poor cunt has hell of a job to put right again

But what we are doing by imitating a European style play just now isn't working for us in European tournaments. Maybe we are better going for a style of play that suits us better and get in about the opposition - slightly less talented players, but selected ones who actually play as a team to their strengths with proper coaching to a defined tactics (look how successful sevco have been with more limited players than we have).
Again its back to the level of coaching that is in place currently. We have seen how short many of these youngsters are of making that step up to 1st team level as things stand.
Could they with a better coaching set up?
I believe so even though a lot of work is still needed mind.
I would like to think this is an area broony can be used in order to improve these youngsters under the guidance of a manager who knows what he is doing

Again disagree, the club was still in a strong financial position, yet under puppet lenny in 4 transfer windows him and PL traitor have managed to make a total fuck of things altogether, that some poor cunt has hell of a job to put right again
club was superficially strong through selling good players at good timings with a foundation that was strong

to keep foundation strong needed to fix wages

rodgers doesnt do management he does lavish spending and poof

off to next lavish spend just like your advocaat, types

just like mcleish was hamstrung with advocaat legacy

lennon needed to fix rodgers mess

but he has not done good job this season mainly because the problem players created during rodgers era are still problem players on off pitch

thats what mercenaries bring

short term enthusiasm long term problems unless you feed them money

I blame him

lenny might be pish

I get the problem with BR regime, his methods are like many of the so called management teams where they offer the wages to attract the players and pay over the odds for short term gains and 1 to 1 and half year contracts before they want a move for more money, like the guardiola or mourinhos for example, which he did on more than one occasion but I also think if he had got the players he wanted as top targets then we might have been justified in those players I.e Castagne, Mcginn and Jones to name a few.

My biggest gripe in reference to the BR era and Lennons second regime is why has lennon had so much money to spend on players over two years and Br never had anywhere near that? We huffed over 3 million to his for mcginn, 1-2 million more for castagne and piccini but lennon gets 5 million for Ajeti, 3.5 for klimala, 5 for barkas and 7 for jullien and are any of those better than the players Rodgers wanted? Lennon and PL have spent a fortune on players and we sit 23 points behind them whilst they snap up all these frees and sign players who actually want to play for their manager, they took a gamble on Gerrard and it is working out this season because players are attracted to play for him because of his playing career, who wants to come and play for lennon? A man who is constantly caught on camera telling players to fuck off or looking disinterested and who hasn't even fought the people above to get his own backroom team. Lennon is a lot of the cause of the problem and even more so in my opinion than Rodgers. Imagine how far Rodgers would have been in front if he had the resources lennon has been given and players like Elyonoussi who is twice on loan for big wages same as Foster.

But I get all sides of the arguments and agree with most from both of your points, I still think the main problem is a board who are stagnant and not very good at maximising the potential of the football club.

club was superficially strong through selling good players at good timings with a foundation that was strong

to keep foundation strong needed to fix wages

rodgers doesnt do management he does lavish spending and poof

off to next lavish spend just like your advocaat, types

just like mcleish was hamstrung with advocaat legacy

lennon needed to fix rodgers mess

but he has not done good job this season mainly because the problem players created during rodgers era are still problem players on off pitch

thats what mercenaries brin
short term enthusiasm long term problems unless you feed them money
Again your claims don't add up.
How many of our players under Rodgers have had improved contracts since he left?
What about the money wasted on loan signings except for FF, under lenny?
Where has there been any value in the signing made under him as manager?
So now all our most valued assets are just mercenaries who have dropped alarming under this current regime.
We are a developing club that can offer European football and success, with that will always the attraction of bigger money offers from elsewhere, not a problem as such for our support to live with as long as there is a structure in place, which currently we haven't got and still no sign of that changing

How many of our players under Rodgers have had improved contracts since he left?
So now all our most valued assets are just mercenaries who have dropped alarming under this current regime.
We are a developing club that can offer European football and success, with that will always the attraction of bigger money offers from elsewhere, not a problem as such for our support to live with as long as there is a structure in place, which currently we haven't got and still no sign of that changing
Ill make it as simple as I can

our natural risk level in scotland is our maximum revenue from scotland

the premium risk level is the money you could get from europe

BR wage structure was 90 percent of the total from europe

our natural risk level was higher than our income without europe

so straight away you need at least EL group plus treble to break even under rodgers

and he wanted more wages

he wanted more spending

it would be sunk spending that could never be recouped and therefore needed curtailed

trouble in the air puff puff poof

and hes off

this season without proper revenue levels and no treble those excessive risks are exposed

you could argue but if you kept spending you would get more return

not guaranteed as rodgers proved with his shite europe an runs

so you go overly risky you need the higher return from the bigger risk

if your bigger risk always loses as would be case if they kept spending rodgers style

we would be bankrupt today not just a mess

lenny needs to go

he is pish

but ffs no more money mad mercenary snakes please

I go by the overall accounts

and the rodgers wage levels trebled and year he needed to find a better way he fecked off

none of your questions I have ever argued so thats probably why they dont add up for you.

and the rodgers wage levels trebled and year he needed to find a better way he fecked off

none of your questions I have ever argued so thats probably why they dont add up for you.
Sorry TET but you keep saying the wages trebled under Rodgers and that simply isn't true. Yes, they went up a lot but they also led to a lot of success. Also it wasn't an unsustainable business model because we were operating with relatively huge profits each year - often because our higher profile and success made our much improved players more desirable to other clubs.

So if us fans like it or not, we are a selling club so what we need to ensure is a conveyor belt of improving talent is available to replace our best players when they are sold for big profits. A manager that develops and improves players make this model work (e.g. Ntcham's value dropping from over £14m to £4.5m while picking up well over £1m in wages with little contribution on the pitch in that time).

Rodgers has a lot of negatives but I disagree with you when you slate him for destroying us financially. Below are graphs I am basing my observations on (apologies for sevco appearing in there, but they were the clearest I could find).

20210112_232529.jpg

20210112_232552.jpg

Again going by accounts can be misleading.
His last year in charge bought about many young players that turned out to be projects. Although we gained some success it bought about many failures which I would also claim weren't all the doing of BR.
Of course on paper that looks a huge increase in wages but won't tell the full story.
When we see the accounts for last year later this year I would expect them to be not pleasent reading.
Why because of the amount of money squandered by laurel and Hardy and yet there is the covid pandemic to hÍde behind.
These 2 pair of arsehole have created a huge mess that will possibly take much longer than 1 season to sort out

I don't even get the argument that 'Rodgers' increased the wage bill!

Lawell/Board hold the purse strings, they set the budget, they sanctioned the signings, therefore it was THEY and not Rodgers that increased the wage bill.

If that type of spending was not sustainable and imperiled the club's finances then why did they sanction such spending in the first place?

I don't even get the argument that 'Rodgers' increased the wage bill!

Lawell/Board hold the purse strings, they set the budget, they sanctioned the signings, therefore it was THEY and not Rodgers that increased the wage bill.

If that type of spending was not sustainable and imperiled the club's finances then why did they sanction such spending in the first place?
This is what we have been trying to explain, as an increase in wages will come about with success in Europe which we have made a bollox of since our last adventure into the CL group stages

Again going by accounts can be misleading.
His last year in charge bought about many young players that turned out to be projects. Although we gained some success it bought about many failures which I would also claim weren't all the doing of BR.
Of course on paper that looks a huge increase in wages but won't tell the full story.
When we see the accounts for last year later this year I would expect them to be not pleasent reading.
Why because of the amount of money squandered by laurel and Hardy and yet there is the covid pandemic to hÍde behind.
These 2 pair of arsehole have created a huge mess that will possibly take much longer than 1 season to sort out
going by accounts can also be very telling

especially when you look at the operating cost hikes involved having brought in snakey

you can balance the ins outs with sales and revenues

but op costs trebling was and still is the problem

but its hidden by looking only at superficial side of rodgers which is why he is the problem

the operation costs year in year out often dont get looked at but they are the bit hat decides your risk

our risks went too high under rodgers with less growth every season right up to break even despite trebles

thats friggin useless and it creates the superficial feel that things are good when they are on the edge of one bad season disaster

he knew he had run out of money motivations and he couldn't find good enough replacements for rinses stellar signings

and he wanted more cash to burn despite being grossly over the red danger zone in operating costs

the operating costs are not misleading in accounts because its illegal to fudge them, its called fraud, and auditors giving unqualified accounts means you have extra security that the accounts speak well the picture

and the operating costs under rodgers were very very risky to point of no return but all the risks and he wanted more

thats not management

no matter how good his team play its not sustainable

and if its not sustainable your club will quickly go backwards

enter lennon

now his tactics are pish

but he inherited the mercenaries

and they want more money

and ordinary fan just want winning team

dont really pay much attention to operation costs

and thats why superficially Rodger is missed

but its his fault we are in mess

but like all narcissists its never them

their weird money spree are always worth it

just like their teeth

going by accounts can also be very telling

especially when you look at the operating cost hikes involved having brought in snakey

you can balance the ins outs with sales and revenues

but op costs trebling was and still is the problem

but its hidden by looking only at superficial side of rodgers which is why he is the problem

the operation costs year in year out often dont get looked at but they are the bit hat decides your risk

our risks went too high under rodgers with less growth every season right up to break even despite trebles

thats friggin useless and it creates the superficial feel that things are good when they are on the edge of one bad season disaster

he knew he had run out of money motivations and he couldn't find good enough replacements for rinses stellar signings

and he wanted more cash to burn despite being grossly over the red danger zone in operating costs

the operating costs are not misleading in accounts because its illegal to fudge them, its called fraud, and auditors giving unqualified accounts means you have extra security that the accounts speak well the picture

and the operating costs under rodgers were very very risky to point of no return but all the risks and he wanted more

thats not management

no matter how good his team play its not sustainable

and if its not sustainable your club will quickly go backwards

enter lennon

now his tactics are pish

but he inherited the mercenaries

and they want more money

and ordinary fan just want winning team

dont really pay much attention to operation costs

and thats why superficially Rodger is missed

but its his fault we are in mess

but like all narcissists its never them

their weird money spree are always worth it

just like their teeth
I will never agree with your opinion on the BR era to the current shitshow under puppet lenny.
As much as I would like to discuss it more ( maybe tomorrow) I would rather savoury the much needed luxury of a comfortable win at long last

Bad day when a top class manager resigns rather than have a Celtic player in squad. loan to buy, we may yet see Ncham back in the summer.
Don’t know it’s anything to do with us specifically mate...if it was really because he’s not having players foisted on him that he never asked for then I admire his stance.
I wish another manager would have taken that stance with our ‘DoF’.

Lennon confirmed that Celtic have accepted a bid for Elhamed. He is expected to sign in the next day or so and return to Israel. I'm assuming their transfer window is different from ours.

Lennon confirmed that Celtic have accepted a bid for Elhamed. He is expected to sign in the next day or so and return to Israel. I'm assuming their transfer window is different from ours.

still few days left in Israeli market

Members online

Latest posts

Back