January Transfer Window Thread

I dont get why were scouting EPL clubs and out of contract and out of best years players, the championship is now the level we can compete with bar about 6-8 clubs who have the parachute funds. We have been successful there in the past but clubs have cottoned on to us now and its us losing players through the cross border development fee. We should go back to scouting mainland Europe and get value for money and hopefully once pl has gone possibly the return of john parks and his team
I think we can find value in Scandanavia - more so for defenders than attacking players in the last 15 years or so. But we seemed yo be ignoring that market nowadays.

So that's it then, another window closes and we're left to wonder what's going on in Paradise ?
To be honest there's absolutely no surprise in the lack of action. It's exactly as I expected.
I'm gonna indulge myself and play the guessing game here; for that is what it's become.
Taking the fact that the transfer market is pretty much stagnant all over the continent. I think it was an odds-on bet that very little business would be done. Most clubs are being cautious, perhaps due to the financial uncertainty in the game due to Covid. However, looking at our own situation, I think and hope there's more to it.
I've already said I think players will have to be sold before we spend; but I feel there's more to it than that. Would our power brokers really allow our present management/scouting team to spend what must be an ever shrinking pot ? I don't think so . I could be very wrong, but I'm hopeful it's a sign that whatever kitty is available will only be given to a new management team.
"We try to come out of every window stronger"......Remember that one? I don't think it's a million miles off the mark to say we've actually got weaker.

I think we can find value in Scandanavia - more so for defenders than attacking players in the last 15 years or so. But we seemed yo be ignoring that market nowadays.
think they are ignoring us these days

they see uk Market Big club Celtic and want UK market wages

And if Celtic are interested their agent will get them a gig in UK based on the Celtic interest and gazumped or no interested to come without the mega wages

I would prefer we just bought the best players already in Scotland, since the best players already in scotland are usually just as good as the mercenaries from abroad and are usually more excited to play here as well

So that's it then, another window closes and we're left to wonder what's going on in Paradise ?
To be honest there's absolutely no surprise in the lack of action. It's exactly as I expected.
I'm gonna indulge myself and play the guessing game here; for that is what it's become.
Taking the fact that the transfer market is pretty much stagnant all over the continent. I think it was an odds-on bet that very little business would be done. Most clubs are being cautious, perhaps due to the financial uncertainty in the game due to Covid. However, looking at our own situation, I think and hope there's more to it.
I've already said I think players will have to be sold before we spend; but I feel there's more to it than that. Would our power brokers really allow our present management/scouting team to spend what must be an ever shrinking pot ? I don't think so . I could be very wrong, but I'm hopeful it's a sign that whatever kitty is available will only be given to a new management team.
"We try to come out of every window stronger"......Remember that one? I don't think it's a million miles of the mark to say we've actually got weaker.
weaker in which way?

You dont get it down by buying more players to add to the over bloated squad.

And you dont get it down by hiring managers who cant manage a wage bill effectively

And you dont get good football if you dont have a manager who can make his best players play well.
Although TET I will never agree with your claims of been in this current mess which you have constantly kept banging the drum was created by BR.
Were we ever in the mess under BR as we are at present? I think even you would find it hard to defend that claim, as our club has seriously gone backwards under puppet lennon.
I have been at a total loss, like so many others on how we deteriorated so badly so quickly.
So I will throw my theroy out there to what may have happened that has resulted into this shitshow of present.
I will claim PL traitor masterplan has always been about restoring this "old firm" brand which our supporters will always claim has died.
So what if the traitor wanted us to form a second team that would have the same status as serco scum? Could have released our main team to seek pastures new in a possible ever changing European set up of league structures.
Of course serco scum along with the rest of Scottish football would never allow such a plan not unless serco scum could themselves afford such a venture, which has never been possible due to their own financial problems.
Could it now still be in the offering? Maybe as we certainly have handed them the league without even a fight. We certainly also have had the players to do so and kept so many on the books without any chance of development under the current set up in Scotland.
Of course it would give a huge cash bonus to the nothing clubs in the lower leagues who still have such a say in the Scottish game yet contribute fuck all to it.
I will also make the claim BR wanted fuck all to do with such plans as his main goal would have been wanting us to get back to competing strongly again in Europe, not on PL traitor pipedream.
Hence we have got lenny the puppet who will dance to the tune of PL traitor as maybe the puppet thinks he can become the modern day Willie Maley.
Of course any such plans will never be agreed while PL traitor has any say in it from serco scum.
It would also bring a huge cash injection as our fans are so loyal that a second team would get great support and pay for itself and also a platform for the younger players to build on.
Plus them bastards SKY would have the rights to the rebirth of the old firm as they are currently promoting serco scum as one of the best teams to ever grace Scottish football which we all know as being the biggest load of bollox ever stated.
I will always claim this season has just been a scam as regards there is far more in play behind the scenes and that the 10 had to be sacrificed in order to achieve them imo.
Only one manager would be able to create such a shitstorm within a club and still keep there job with the backing of a board and that is puppet lenny.
The biggest mistake our board have made if such plans are in the offering is that laurel and Hardy are both neither capable of pulling off such an idea, if there is even such an idea in play.

think they are ignoring us these days

they see uk Market Big club Celtic and want UK market wages

And if Celtic are interested their agent will get them a gig in UK based on the Celtic interest and gazumped or no interested to come without the mega wages

I would prefer we just bought the best players already in Scotland, since the best players already in scotland are usually just as good as the mercenaries from abroad and are usually more excited to play here as well
I agree with you in that I'd prefer to buy the best players already settling in Scotland and showing they can do it in the SPFL than have so many young foreign projects which just don't work out. I know many Celtic fans hate this idea of buying from "diddy" teams but I think it can work if done properly. That's why I argued we should buy Turnbull a couple of summers ago (and Griff many years ago) but argued against Cifti because that never made sense to me.

Although TET I will never agree with your claims of been in this current mess which you have constantly kept banging the drum was created by BR.
Were we ever in the mess under BR as we are at present? I think even you would find it hard to defend that claim, as our club has seriously gone backwards under puppet lennon.
I have been at a total loss, like so many others on how we deteriorated so badly so quickly.
So I will throw my theroy out there to what may have happened that has resulted into this shitshow of present.
I will claim PL traitor masterplan has always been about restoring this "old firm" brand which our supporters will always claim has died.
So what if the traitor wanted us to form a second team that would have the same status as serco scum? Could have released our main team to seek pastures new in a possible ever changing European set up of league structures.
Of course serco scum along with the rest of Scottish football would never allow such a plan not unless serco scum could themselves afford such a venture, which has never been possible due to their own financial problems.
Could it now still be in the offering? Maybe as we certainly have handed them the league without even a fight. We certainly also have had the players to do so and kept so many on the books without any chance of development under the current set up in Scotland.
Of course it would give a huge cash bonus to the nothing clubs in the lower leagues who still have such a say in the Scottish game yet contribute fuck all to it.
I will also make the claim BR wanted fuck all to do with such plans as his main goal would have been wanting us to get back to competing strongly again in Europe, not on PL traitor pipedream.
Hence we have got lenny the puppet who will dance to the tune of PL traitor as maybe the puppet thinks he can become the modern day Willie Maley.
Of course any such plans will never be agreed while PL traitor has any say in it from serco scum.
It would also bring a huge cash injection as our fans are so loyal that a second team would get great support and pay for itself and also a platform for the younger players to build on.
Plus them bastards SKY would have the rights to the rebirth of the old firm as they are currently promoting serco scum as one of the best teams to ever grace Scottish football which we all know as being the biggest load of bollox ever stated.
I will always claim this season has just been a scam as regards there is far more in play behind the scenes and that the 10 had to be sacrificed in order to achieve them imo.
Only one manager would be able to create such a shitstorm within a club and still keep there job with the backing of a board and that is puppet lenny.
The biggest mistake our board have made if such plans are in the offering is that laurel and Hardy are both neither capable of pulling off such an idea, if there is even such an idea in play.
look mate

lennon style doesnt suit celtic. needs to go.

the wage problem was created by snake

but nobody sees the wage problem when your winning

created by rodgers

rodgers broke the wage bill

lennon is unable to fix that issue

the board are silent cause the know they are ultimately to blame by allowing overly risky investments goaded by the we deserve to be amongst the big boys in europe.

As a massive club yes

without the stability of mega tv deals to afford European standard players

no

europe is a pipe dream unless we have motivated happy players

money doesnt provide that it creates greed and attracts mercenaries and the reward system clearly doesnt induce team performances and neither does lenny.

need new manager

but who fits the bill?

who is good enough but willing to work with low wage players? (relative to big leagues)

which fans are just glory hunters? who demand big wage mercenaries to look like a big money club?

its a tough problem with very very hard to solve problem

money Is now tight

and some clubs have mysterious funding

Last edited:
I agree with you in that I'd prefer to buy the best players already settling in Scotland and showing they can do it in the SPFL than have so many young foreign projects which just don't work out. I know many Celtic fans hate this idea of buying from "diddy" teams but I think it can work if done properly. That's why I argued we should buy Turnbull a couple of summers ago (and Griff many years ago) but argued against Cifti because that never made sense to me.
Problem there BB is getting them up to a European standard. Fair enough if the Scottish league is there max standard but more chance of finding that extra quality from the European scene as things stand

look mate

lennon style doesnt suit celtic. needs to go.

the wage problem was created by snake

but nobody sees the wage problem when your winning

created by rodgers

rodgers broke the wage bill

lennon is unable to fix that issue

the board are silent cause the know they are to blame
So we will blame him now for having such an over inflated squad who pick up a wage yet are only being developed to go backwards then

Members online

Latest posts

Back