January Transfer Window Thread

How are going to get ready for next season.
1. A new CEO in July taking over from one who wont be giving a fuck and a full month to get players and a new manager ready for the season.
2. The huns have starting building for next season already and will be ahead of us in their preparation.
3. We will have top players leaving in the summer with no one in to fill the gaps.
4. We wont have the possibility of a marquee signing should we qualify for the champs league as we will busy playing the khans eleven in outer Mongolia in the Europa qualifiers.
5. All the problems above are subject to us finishing second in league, should we not then i will re- comment on the 25 problems that will bring.

Unless we are given a huge surprise by DD and he has been working quietly in the background with a potential new manager already spoken with and a portfolio of new players on the table who we can get in quickly then we are in for a long summer ahead.

Hail Hail

In Lennon we trust {aye right ye are}

How are going to get ready for next season.
1. A new CEO in July taking over from one who wont be giving a fuck and a full month to get players and a new manager ready for the season.
2. The huns have starting building for next season already and will be ahead of us in their preparation.
3. We will have top players leaving in the summer with no one in to fill the gaps.
4. We wont have the possibility of a marquee signing should we qualify for the champs league as we will busy playing the khans eleven in outer Mongolia in the Europa qualifiers.
5. All the problems above are subject to us finishing second in league, should we not then i will re- comment on the 25 problems that will bring.

Unless we are given a huge surprise by DD and he has been working quietly in the background with a potential new manager already spoken with and a portfolio of new players on the table who we can get in quickly then we are in for a long summer ahead.

Hail Hail

In Lennon we trust {aye right ye are}

We need a rebuild, if it takes 2/3 years then so be it...

We need a rebuild, if it takes 2/3 years then so be it...
aye maybe but the question being, should we really be in this position, for me def no way, we had years to build a set up regarding players in and out, adding a bit of quality here and there as required, but to be in a position of requiring a total re build is disastrous for us, the Huns are in a far better place than us now and that is unforgivable.

I am actually glad we never signed Davies....here's a guy who has been offered more money, he will play for a few games until Liverpool get their stars back....he will then wallow in the reserves and be sent out on loan to ermmmm.Preston.....fuck him
Tbf to Davies hes signed for his boyhood team cant blame him for that

So how do we get this wage bill down then?
Already operating with a squad that must be over 30 odd with a good few not even in the reckoning whatsoever of even making the subs bench.
How many is it we got now that pick up a wage for doing fuck all when they don't even want to be here?
The obvious answer is to get them out of the door, but can't cause no one is interested in them.
So now we have let there value decrease even more by running there contacts down by another 6 months.
Let's sell frimpong to hide another fine mess that Laurel and Hardy have gotten us into
You dont get it down by buying more players to add to the over bloated squad.

And you dont get it down by hiring managers who cant manage a wage bill effectively

And you dont get good football if you dont have a manager who can make his best players play well.

Must be some player as we have sent the message that El Hamed and Ralston are good for fuck all but we will still pay them a wage for fuck all in return,
Good point about El Hamed, we had heard he was homesick and likely to be one of the first to go but hes still here , another enigma of a player, one who looked like a quality signing and has regressed like the rest.

Pishing down
From what I'm led to believe is that it's catch 22....if Lenny walks, he doesn't get the bonus he will pick up at season's end...if he gets sacked they have to compensate.....if they wait till the summer nothing is owed......it something like that anyway
Both scenarios in the catch 22 dont help us, I last read that lenny was on £2 million plus bonuses per year (a few month ago) and those bonuses ( trophies and Europe) took his wage higher than slippys £2.5 million plus bonuses ( no trophies and Europe) . If it's really down to that then what bonuses does Lennon think hes entitled to from this season? A Scottish cup bonus? Not going to happen , who knows when the Scottish cup will resume, cant believe theres any bonus for finishing 2nd at Celtic which equates to last for us. If we can splash out on trips to Dubai and disco lights we can afford to sever Lennon's 1year rolling contract

Unlucky with Davies but an intelligent transfer window by Celtic there was no point in short term fixes while we're in transition and saving half a million in wages ( N'Tcham / Frimpong ) over the next six months is probably more essential than we know. Disappointed re centre back but at least Kenny allows Chris back to CB. The fact the h*ns have brought a few in ( eff knows how but I have to confess their houdini act with finances is nothing short of brilliant ) has made us even more edgy I think .Its a whole new economic ball game if you use the EPL transfer window year on year comparison as a global gauge of where the game is at. and I must confess I thought our squad apart from CB needed thinned rather than expanded

no sure we are weaker tbf

for me wee frimpong was no champion quality yet, so rb cant be much less productive if he tried

And Ntcham seemed bit part in position we probably have too many players.

After the monster spending spree in summer (at one point hailed as the best transfer window in years) we are far from on a stronger financial footing especially the way the whole team are being utilised by lennon.

I would like upgrades across the team

But im no sure they could have spent more this season in this broken market and if im honest the higher profile huge wage players dont seem any better than the young guys not getting much game time.

stronger financial footing?

how do you come to that conclusion.

We need to really fix the wage bill down before it gets us in deep merge.

much harder to fix when fans are demanding spending while income is declining rapidly on top of huge gambles that have so far failed badly this season.

im o sure sure the boulders helped the situation either
stronger as we got frimpong money and 2 aff the wage bill

Not buying into that as you may well be right with what has gone on.
We knew before the window opened we needed a CB as a matter of urgency with Jules out for likely the rest of the season.
So why did we leave it until the last day to be let down?
What the fuck has this so called scouting team been paid for now?
If a player won't sign then move on and look for someone else, but no we just sit on our arses and then try and play a hard luck story.
Never known a time on us paying out so much money to personal and getting fuck all in return for the money being paid.
Absolutely disgusted
Yep, fair comment John. While you can maybe - maybe - defend not getting him signed, no excuse for not having a back up plan, which as you say is a common theme. 😕

Just read a report where Neil Lennon shouted at big Shane, after he headed the ball with his head like a thruppeny bit
"Shane show some fucking composure !!!"
Now, far be it from me to imply that Shane Duffy does not fit the mould of VVD, or even Marvin Commper, but he's beginning to look like a Disney character, Bambi on ice, springs to mind
As you say Shammy, this latest loan signing must be some player, 3rd choice at Everton, and only here for 6 months, with no buy clause
He'll be trying to get a run of games in order to get his move, somewhere else in England, or the Continent
If I was Anthony Ralston, I'd be chapping Neil Lennon's door and asking what the fuck is the score ?
Feel sorry for we Ralston I think it's just hes scottish and assume hes shitter than the english boy because of they're upbringing for some reason we think english players are better they're certainly richer dont no about better but

I dont get why were scouting EPL clubs and out of contract and out of best years players, the championship is now the level we can compete with bar about 6-8 clubs who have the parachute funds. We have been successful there in the past but clubs have cottoned on to us now and its us losing players through the cross border development fee. We should go back to scouting mainland Europe and get value for money and hopefully once pl has gone possibly the return of john parks and his team

Last edited:

Members online

Back