January Transfer Window Thread

Still buzzing after tonight's fantastic preformance, well done to all the bhoys. Soro and Turnbull outstanding and although it's taken a long time for us to get a full 90 minutes we have finally arrived this season and set the standards required for every game until the end of the season, keep it up bhoys and the 10iar is still very much on

I don't think his crossing is all that bad, it's just that we're feckin awful at getting bodies in the box from open play.

Jonny Hayes had exactly the same problem, so I don't think it's a coincidence, mate
I remember Alan Thompson crossing the baw in to Larsson, Sutton & Hartson.
Pretty soon it was big jan, Dion Dublin etc
Was never the same somehow 🤷‍♂️

What's your team for Sunday after that? Stick with the 4-3-3 attack? Rest CalMac & then it's a decision between Christie or Henderson (who I thought performed very well) at RW if Frimpong doesn't recover from injury.

Hazard
Ajer Jullien Duffy Laxalt
Soro Turnbull
Frimpong Rogic Elyounoussi
Eddy

Thought Ajer played a blinder on the right,and we've still got.........Tony Ralston! 🍺 🥳
I agree, I remember Ajer having a few good games at RB, Fir Park & Pittodrie he played there before & was very good, as he was tonight bar a couple slack moments, played a big role in all three goals tonight.

But with Elhamed wanting away, Frimpong clearly not being a RB due to a lack of positional/defensive discipline & as you say Ralston who is an okay backup, I think a new RB will be required.

My only fear is that we place far too much expectation on those two young midfielders going forward...tonight was good but if they are to start, they need to keep up the intensity of performance
The SPFL is a different ball game
You don't get a lot of time on the ball, until you're 'clugged' by some guy who's 'just a bit late'
They'll try to bully the young Bhoys, but I think they can handle it
We moved the ball forrward, faster, and that's the way we should be doing it
I don't remember much of the East/West passing in today's game
These Bhoys are ready for the challenge, we just have to allow them to show it
Fingers crossed Turnbull and Soro start on Sunday
HH

I agree, I remember Ajer having a few good games at RB, Fir Park & Pittodrie he played there before & was very good, as he was tonight bar a couple slack moments, played a big role in all three goals tonight.

But with Elhamed wanting away, Frimpong clearly not being a RB due to a lack of positional/defensive discipline & as you say Ralston who is an okay backup, I think a new RB will be required.
An actual left footed centre back is a must,think we can get by with Mikey coming back,though if we could a Paddy Roberts type,think that should do it

An actual left footed centre back is a must,think we can get by with Mikey coming back,though if we could a Paddy Roberts type,think that should do it
Is Mikey not more of a LW to compete with Elyounoussi? We only have one natural RW which is Forrest & when he's fit his place is assured which just creates complacency (as we've seen with many players this season including Brown, CalMac & Christie), Shved is a RW who's been loaned & Karamoko is a RW who's been frozen out. Unless we're converting Frimpong into a RW to compete with Forrest then I think it's a priority position because asking Christie to play there all the time isn't helping his performances, he doesn't have the pace or skill to play out wide.

Back