January Transfer Window Thread

Is Mikey not more of a LW to compete with Elyounoussi? We only have one natural RW which is Forrest & when he's fit his place is assured which just creates complacency (as we've seen with many players this season including Brown, CalMac & Christie), Shved is a RW who's been loaned & Karamoko is a RW who's been frozen out. Unless we're converting Frimpong into a RW to compete with Forrest then I think it's a priority position because asking Christie to play there all the time isn't helping his performances, he doesn't have the pace or skill to play out wide.
Aye Mikey on the left,Give Karamoko a wee chance on the right,playin Christie there is like playing Cal Mac at left back,apparently Shved has an atitude problem,his current coach has told him to go away and play snooker! Frimpong started life as a right winger,but couldnae beat a man,couldnae cross and couldnae hit the target,might happen for him,he's young,and with proper.......coaching! 🍺 🥳

John Kennedy getting it tight on the Huddleboard for looking dour at full time in his exchange with Lenny, I'm going to play devils advocate, I bet Kennedy has been pleading with Lenny for weeks or months to give Soro & Turnbull a run of games with Lenny refusing to do so every time, only for him to be vindicated at full time, Kennedy & Soro had a warm embrace at full time which told me Kennedy has been wanting him to play ahead of Brown.

Screenshot_20201211-030341_Samsung Internet.jpg

I believe this transfer window will depend on who wants to leave more so than who we may bring in.
With the euros on next summer, some players will be looking for proper game time like maybe Taylor and griff, also think we still have a few want aways like Ntcham and maybe eddy as well.
So can only possibly see loan signings coming in January as still way to much uncertainty regarding the future of lenny.

Aye Mikey on the left,Give Karamoko a wee chance on the right,playin Christie there is like playing Cal Mac at left back,apparently Shved has an atitude problem,his current coach has told him to go away and play snooker! Frimpong started life as a right winger,but couldnae beat a man,couldnae cross and couldnae hit the target,might happen for him,he's young,and with proper.......coaching! 🍺 🥳
I like Mikey on the left, fast, skillful, beats men for fun & can finish, just needs to work on his final bit of decision making & can sometimes hold onto the ball for too long, will improve with more & more experience.

The performances of Soro & Turnbull tonight have convinced me that Karamoko is also cracking player who is just being ignored through poor management, the lad is 17, if he has a slight attitude problem then Lenny should be able to deal with that & sort it, he's a kid & he shouldn't be frozen out for making mistakes at his age, we're going to lose a supreme talent all because we have a stubborn manager in charge who won't give players fair chances yet is blindly loyal to too many others who can perform as they wish without consequence. I agree I'd love to see Karamoko get a run by can't see it ever happening under the current manager.

Shved is another who looks like a class player with ability but the rumors of him isolating himself from the rest of the Celtic squad when he was here have been proven true by the manager of Mechelin, it's a shame his attitude is so poor which will hold him back from fulfilling his potential but it's his choice, at 23 there are no excuses.

Frimpong has definitely improved on the beating a man side of things because he definitely has that in his locker, but yes his crossing & shooting need huge work to be a first choice RW, he did play well tonight imo though, caused them problems with his runs which eventually led to winning a pen, took a real sore one earlier in the game as well at the side of the pitch.

Turnbull a breath of fresh air and was excellent through out.
Soro -a mini wanyama and unplayable in a team desperate for his type of character
Ajer - footwork of messi and solid at the back

Great display last night and they all had a part to play, going forward the above 3 are first picks for sunday.

Brown should now be used sparingly, maybe still has a role for when Soro gets tired or sore from the kicks he will now receive.

But lets not get carried away, we papered over a crack last nigh and we still have so much work left to do before we can again challenge for the league but good signs last night, hunger and determination on the park from all involved.

If would can get French Eddie back with that type hunger then he will bang the goals in again with the supply coming from Turnbull who has an eye for a pass.

we are out of europe so we can now start clawing back some points with the huns having to play on the sunday for at least 2 games and if we get the results we can at least put some pressure on the cnuts.

John Kennedy getting it tight on the Huddleboard for looking dour at full time in his exchange with Lenny, I'm going to play devils advocate, I bet Kennedy has been pleading with Lenny for weeks or months to give Soro & Turnbull a run of games with Lenny refusing to do so every time, only for him to be vindicated at full time, Kennedy & Soro had a warm embrace at full time which told me Kennedy has been wanting him to play ahead of Brown.

View attachment 12374
Not only his face at ft did anyone else notice how he slumped into his seat just after wed scored? Had me thinking he was gutted as this only prevents him from taking over from lenny , couldn't believe what I was seeing

I would only play Christie if he’s under strict instructions to keep well away from all set pieces
You can see it , I can see it the world can see it and still he keeps hitting the first defender every time ( unless hes hitting corners back to the halfway line?? Still totally puzzled about that) so why cant lenny see it or has he finally seen enough? If I were a manager of Celtic all these overpaid players would be dropped for our brilliant youngsters who played for the jersey last night and some. Kennedy looked like a man who thought that this was his time another lenny defeat in Europe and he gets the job temp (thank god for the younger players in stopping that from happening) why was Kennedy seen on camera slumping into his seat face like fizz when we took the lead ? Sorry alcohol has blurred which goal it was , think was the second any one else see that? I cant have been the only one. The only celt in the world who is unhappy that we are leading or perhaps I'm being unfair on him and it's just in his head what couldve been. we couldve won this group I believe that ( regardless of other opinions) every game we led and then imploded and the same looked like happening last night but for the tenacity and will to win of our outstanding youngsters , who knows how far lille will go into this tournament but I'd guess that they will make the 1/4s at least so thankscyoung bhoys you showed what can be done if you're hearts in it HH

Aye and his club get a penalty if somebody sneezes next to him.
Couldn't believe that sally was saying it wasnt a penalty , weve seen it from all angles and it was 100% a penalty, and Stubbs not taking him to task on it was disappointing to say the least. Our season starts now , finally . We have to build on this great result . Use brown sparingly soro has arrived HH

Back