Joe Hart

Ange has killed off speculation that we’re signing a goalkeeper soon.
No he doesn't say that at all.

Ange, ''Barky and Scotty have had a crack at it. If I think we can improve in that position, it's an area we'll look at. But there are a number of priorities".

That sounds like any other manager who is looking for a keeper but doesn't want to come across as desperate.

No he doesn't say that at all.

Ange, ''Barky and Scotty have had a crack at it. If I think we can improve in that position, it's an area we'll look at. But there are a number of priorities".

That sounds like any other manager who is looking for a keeper but doesn't want to come across as desperate.
Spot on CR, and also could be a case of trying to get the double swoop with the young centre back also.
Could this be why DD is getting involved as Daniel levy is well known for not being the easiest to deal with?

He made some saves, but too many rebounds for my liking, any decent forward line would put them in
Doesn't look as if he's got much of a defence in front of him either
Horses for courses, the SPFL and living in Glasgow, and it's culture concerning football, is not for some of the players we're being 'linked with'
The pressure on any goalkeeper coming in as a saviour, will need to have a special kind of "This is my box, this is my ball, anyone who gets in the way tough titty, it's my job to keep the ball out"
I remember the Holy Goalie arguing during games with his defenders, pushing, shoving, and shouting at them, that's what I want
A cross between GiGi Buffon and Rambo will do me

HH
Mind Naylor getting lippy with him and he choked him 😂 If only we could get another Artur

Joe Hart not for me. Why are we still going backwards, surely we can do a lot better than this. I despair I really do, this could end up being one of worst sessions ever..We are no where ready for that start of the season against Hearts away. I'll take a point right now. Sorry troops for seeming so down at the moment , but our board doesn't fill me with any confidence. Ah well I'm back to hibernating 😀 wake me up when the season over.😭😭

Great call PB as seen from his Youtube video..... I know
I would guess he will be getting a full cap soon. Jedlička is only hampered by his youth... but this is the time to buy him (before he is out of our price range.) He has excelled at under 21 level and he will get even better over the next ten years. He has played in some very poor teams so he has seen a lot of action. Some scout will be all over him soon no doubt. For older readers he is a mix of Pat Jennings and Ray Clements.....with a wee touch of Hamish McAlpine! He is pretty effective with his feet too!

Fraser Forster should not be persued for any reason twice he has let us down by choosing Southampton instead of us, as stated earlier he could've stayed with us for the 10 and he would be a legend, but instead he headed back to the south coast and played a handful of games, so sorry, I don't want him back. There will be the argument for trying to get him back, but let's be honest here he is a mercenary, he's unhappy with the contract that Southampton want him to sign, but unless he is careless with his money then surely he has enough in the bank by now. So I say no thanks. HH
I agree with the majority of that mt just differ on should FF want to come back ( I dont believe that he does).but if he does we arent yet in a position to not take such an option. He would change us for the better , again. Hes the best keeper weve had imo since the holy goalie and Gordon and imo better than both. If he wants to come back if even for one season we cannot afford to not take that option its unfortunate and another of lawells poor legacy. We arent in position to not take up the option should it present itself. Personally I'd rather see our own keeper rather than a loanee but this guy is no ordinary keeper, perhaps the allure of the spotlight might see a return but i doubt it. Hart looking like hes in pole position to get the coveted no1 Jersey

Joe Hart not for me. Why are we still going backwards, surely we can do a lot better than this. I despair I really do, this could end up being one of worst sessions ever..We are no where ready for that start of the season against Hearts away. I'll take a point right now. Sorry troops for seeming so down at the moment , but our board doesn't fill me with any confidence. Ah well I'm back to hibernating 😀 wake me up when the season over.😭😭
Were all down Ally still think we'll take the 3pts though HH

JH is a top Keeper and played at the highest level, when you are been beat by the cream in penalties then you are in the top to be in a position to be beaten. You do not get the England top for major tournaments or a sniff at it unless you have shown you deserve it. Not a backward move taking a top class keeper who would revel in the position up here.

You must be the only fan i know that would be happy with a point .. we need a good start so 3 points is a must

100% 3pts an absolute must never accept a point from hearts unless were in the 97th min of 96 chasing an equaliser even then still chasing a winner after the equaliser HH
In normal circumstances yes I would want the 3points. But as we are not quite ready yet till we get more signings in, I'll take any points we can at this moment.

In normal circumstances yes I would want the 3points. But as we are not quite ready yet till we get more signings in, I'll take any points we can at this moment.
Hearts will be broken the night we have a stronger ( not much) side this game from jutland too much for hearts whove done well in their 3 league cup games but that's hardly cl level standards 3 pts

Sorry ally, we may not be ready as where we are aiming to be shortly.
But even at that we still have the most of the best players within Scotland as it stands, the strongest midfield by far still, and we stand to be even stronger.
A faster attacking game, will create more scoring opportunities that have to be taken not squandered.
Defence remains a worry, but teams won't do much against us, if we're giving away cheap possession and already signs of us keeping hold of the ball far better.
A change in attitude will bring about a change in fortune and confident enough that will be the case and the extra quality will still keep us to strong for everyone.
Keep the faith ally
HH

Sorry ally, we may not be ready as where we are aiming to be shortly.
But even at that we still have the most of the best players within Scotland as it stands, the strongest midfield by far still, and we stand to be even stronger.
A faster attacking game, will create more scoring opportunities that have to be taken not squandered.
Defence remains a worry, but teams won't do much against us, if we're giving away cheap possession and already signs of us keeping hold of the ball far better.
A change in attitude will bring about a change in fortune and confident enough that will be the case and the extra quality will still keep us to strong for everyone.
Keep the faith ally
HH
I keep hearing we still have best playets in Scotland but losing the league by 25 points last year proves we re not top dogs anymore John.I cant see the huns dropping too many points again so every game should be played like a cup final ..easier said than done though .

JH is a top Keeper and played at the highest level, when you are been beat by the cream in penalties then you are in the top to be in a position to be beaten. You do not get the England top for major tournaments or a sniff at it unless you have shown you deserve it. Not a backward move taking a top class keeper who would revel in the position up here.
Not true unfortunately boab. He was a top keeper at one stage but for some unknown reason he turned into an error prone keeper over a number of years and lost top spot. Now he cant even get a game.

Sorry troops for feeling down about this season. I just think that we have long ways to go, many bridges to be crossed. We really need a top class back 4 who can defend and a goalkeeper who is not afraid to come out for crosses.Get them in then we will be thereabouts when the trophies are being handed out.

Members online

Latest posts

Back