Johnston : Academy Breakout of the Year

Men never show anything over religion.

Gun running. Pilfering. Land grabbing. Its all very lucrative.

No pal, i’m talking about standing up and being counted for what you believe in. If you believe in your conviction of faith why would you not outwardly confirm it when under attack.

Btw not talking of you personally i know there are a lot of faiths and thos of none.

But i will be fucked if i ever stand back and allow someone to mock or belittle my faith when they have zero convictions of their own.

Likewise i would not mock their lack of it. I don’t feel enough for them to be overly bothered.

Aye good luck telling them that ???
It's an unwinnable argument, Maria. It's like trying to convince a zombie that they let their team die!

All you can do is keep and have your faith. Defend it by all means, but our faith (like all others) will be under attack perennially.

There are aspects of our faith, I have issues with. I can't present a defence for things that were indefensible, but that doesn't mean I still don't have faith.

I gave up trying to convince zombies a long time ago. I just let the trophies do the talking now.

It's an unwinnable argument, Maria. It's like trying to convince a zombie that they let their team die!

All you can do is keep and have your faith. Defend it by all means, but our faith (like all others) will be under attack perennially.

There are aspects of our faith, I have issues with. I can't present a defence for things that were indefensible, but that doesn't mean I still don't have faith.

I gave up trying to convince zombies a long time ago. I just let the trophies do the talking now.

Im not trying to convince though. My life is richer for my faith and despite how much i try and be decent, i just don’t feel decent enough to want someone who has been intolerant towards my faith to have any goodness from it.

Im not a saint, far from it.

As i said not interested in what they are, what they claim to be but if they think for one second i’m going to let them rattle my faith with their mouths and im gonna take that on the chin then they are fkn sorely mistaken.

Just in the same way i would never stand by and let someone scoop my kids.

There are things inherrent in all of us.... even cowards that make them want to stand up and be counted.

I do take a lot of comfort in my faith, it has helped me through a lot of times growing up that were particularly hard for me.

My faith has given me more than i feel i have given it at times. I always feel i could try and be better.

Each to their own.

Sorry to hear life was tough. So many people ill with addictions and others have children when they really aren’t mature enough to step up and take care of their business.
So true Maria if it weren't for my Faith I wouldn't be here xx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back