Johnston : Academy Breakout of the Year

worked in falkirk with an agency re: family based, waste of money waste of family. being a a former cs I cannot comment. fuck em. sorry, administration.

Whats a former cs. Im sorry i dont know what that means ??

Place is s fkn joke.

Someone attacks my faith and me and Tet are the bad guys.

Any of you in chapel hang your fkn heads in shame.

And the other disrespectful cunts with something to say, your respect and humanity are sickening to watch.

Few right down in my estimation here this day.
Bit of agro on the thread. It's something that always sparks a bit in me and I'm happy to chip in a bit.
I have a good few muslim mates that have cast aside the rules that have drawn them into personal conflict and guilt (feels crazy similar some older Catholics). Some will drink. Others smoke weed as there is a grey area there. Others take harder stuff because it's all still drugs. That's were the big sins are for them now.
I'll tell a a story.
I had a chat with a two young missionaries. Christian that held views. They probably didn't have the gentle heart and understanding some have showed here.
We didn't get into any of that side of it.
The discussion was all about man's interpretation.
I have nothing against people living by rules that help society, a moral guide if they feel they need it and choose a kinder solution to the instinctive one.
For some and not all there is a closed fence of information.
The two that I spoke to had no idea that that the story of Jesus had been repeated several times.
I showed them. It wasn't a piss take. Belive me that truly isn't how I operate.
Scripts written before have uncanny resemblance to one's that followed.
Have a look its there.
The modern adaptations if you call it that are the amalgamations of pagan rituals into modern Christian practices. Alters, dates and a bit of jazz.
These guys hadn't heard of the long list of sons of God that all had bread for bodies, born of immaculate, crucified, carpenters, raised the dead, raised from the dead, walked on water. It goes on and on.
I didn't get too far into it as they were lovely people.
The response was "I thought jesus did those things first"
We went into a bit of the big bang theory. Sheldon was our favourite character.
They didn't know that mini versions of the same process are mapped as happening as individual cycles of dying stars.
The birth of stellar nurseries in plumes of super heated gas to your old dying stars. Micro bangs. Like midget star love

I left them with a bit of knowledge fairly explained.
I also offered them a view of Christian physics that had some of the dedicated men imprisoned or burned at the sake in a wink of the eye in our own fairly modern time line. Pointed out that born a bit earlier the new guys would of met hard times but now are celebrated as the new wave of faith.
I said that the only thing humans have never been able to understand is energy.
There are scores of mathematics that define its transfer but never its beginning.
They weren't fans of science but when I suggested mabey God is energy they lightened up.
They didn't know about it and I couldn't explain it.
Sounds familiar...
I have nothing against faith. It guides people to make better choices if it is indeed pure.
Point is. It isn't. It's wrapped around countless forms and rules that prevoke horrible violence and judgement. Religion.

Be a good guy if you can.

I believe in knowing right from wrong. Thats the basis thats good enough for me.

Yet im to be pilloried, mocked and judged im not judging their lack of faith. Butits its open season on me.

Something a bit sick in that if you ask me.

As i have continually said. Mans interpretation and the scrolls were written much much later.

Yet because i take the good out my faith and not the bits i believe are mans interpretation im slagged off ???

Always said each to their own.

You should ask the antagonists why they continually go on about it coz i cant answer for them, i merely answered questions he posed to me.

But im disgusted by the way people think they can mock me for having faith.

??

Anyway here is a great place to begin understanding the difference between faith (in this case christian v the alternatives) and randomness

this is lecture 1 of a big series

but this dude Bishop Fulton sheen was the most famous televangelist

Before it was hijacked by the (god needs money crew)

this was made over 50 years ago

but it really is timeless.

the 1 lecture for 20 mins will explain faith to anybody

Now you will still probably reject his words but he will at least explain in simple language that anyone can understand.

if you listen to it TV and still want talk bout faith then I will listen to your debate.

Fuck me that descended from a discussion about certain elements to a full on hate TV fest. It’s true whatvthey say that it is impossible to have a discussion about any aspect about religion without people losing their shit, getting extremely angry and call people cunts. To have a debate TET in here would be like ke try to siphon petrol from a burning car whilst you were covered in petrol.

The problem is people don’t focus on the debate and the points. But get personal. That’s not how intelligent people debate. I would gladly debate you, not on an open thread as this would descend as this one has into hysterical depths that are beyond belief, literally. As for Maria’s assertion that I wouldn’t take you on? I will take anycunt on, but not in a place where hysteria and rabid responses take the fore. Do you honestly think I am the only person brought up in faith who now doesn’t believe it? Im
Not. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect those who do. It’s just I don’t agree with it. To say that should not be a crime. And to be fair most people I know can have a discussion without resorting to hysteria and proclaiming they are being attacked. It’s the argument that’s being discussed. Some people can’t see that and social media is rife with people who take a position then go mental when someone has a different view on loads of topics. Debating is a skill, it’s not about trying to change the minds of people who have ingrained beliefs. They rarely change, but the assumptions such people have refuse to accept valid criticisms, or to even acknowledge there is an issue with anything. People use terms like an attack on my faith. It’s not an attack on their faith it’s a discussion about what faith actually is and wether to believe without evidence is a way to truth. If different people have different strongly held faiths my assertion is they can’t all be right and the question is always, what makes one groups faith right and we dismiss others for having similarly deeply held faith because ours is right. That interests me. I think it is a fascinating aspect of humanity that so many coexist at the same time. Anyway, im glad I enjoyed the sun and had a few drinks. Peace be with you all and calm doon.

Fuck me that descended from a discussion about certain elements to a full on hate TV fest. It’s true whatvthey say that it is impossible to have a discussion about any aspect about religion without people losing their shit, getting extremely angry and call people cunts. To have a debate TET in here would be like ke try to siphon petrol from a burning car whilst you were covered in petrol.

The problem is people don’t focus on the debate and the points. But get personal. That’s not how intelligent people debate. I would gladly debate you, not on an open thread as this would descend as this one has into hysterical depths that are beyond belief, literally. As for Maria’s assertion that I wouldn’t take you on? I will take anycunt on, but not in a place where hysteria and rabid responses take the fore. Do you honestly think I am the only person brought up in faith who now doesn’t believe it? Im
Not. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect those who do. It’s just I don’t agree with it. To say that should not be a crime. And to be fair most people I know can have a discussion without resorting to hysteria and proclaiming they are being attacked. It’s the argument that’s being discussed. Some people can’t see that and social media is rife with people who take a position then go mental when someone has a different view on loads of topics. Debating is a skill, it’s not about trying to change the minds of people who have ingrained beliefs. They rarely change, but the assumptions such people have refuse to accept valid criticisms, or to even acknowledge there is an issue with anything. People use terms like an attack on my faith. It’s not an attack on their faith it’s a discussion about what faith actually is and wether to believe without evidence is a way to truth. If different people have different strongly held faiths my assertion is they can’t all be right and the question is always, what makes one groups faith right and we dismiss others for having similarly deeply held faith because ours is right. That interests me. I think it is a fascinating aspect of humanity that so many coexist at the same time. Anyway, im glad I enjoyed the sun and had a few drinks. Peace be with you all and calm doon.
Look mate if I made you feel attacked for holding your beliefs then I apologise.

I actually enjoy your posts and contribution, if I make observations its not intended to be personal or launch attacks on your position.

Im trying to open your possibility to something that you may not be aware about.

I am a conceited arrogant sob, I have a natural tendency to fly into animal attack mode, and like most other human beings I tend to miss obvious moments of grace.

I can be disgraceful.

My entire life has been one hedonistic ego trip after another.

But one day I glimpsed something very different.

Peace, joy and love overflowed into my heart and certain things I couldn't see before became visible, like magic.

its a bit like those weird pictures that are a pile of dots

someone will say look, look, its an eagle flying through a rainbow,

and you will look and look and look and just see a pile of random dots

but occasionally you glimpse out corner of your eye the picture of dots and low and behold you see the eagle and the rainbow, and now when you look at the dots the only thing you see is the rainbow and dots

does that mean the rainbow and dots are a delusion?

is it just a pile of dots?

is it both?

but some people can only see one or the other?

I pray for you tv1

I certainly don't hate you

I certainly don't want people to attack you.

You see things in a way that I don't.

I can try and show you what I see.

But I don't think your really that interested.

Its easy to attack Catholicism

its always been that way. always.

But thats exactly what christ said.

if they treat me with scorn and call me a crazed sorcerer then you will be treated that way too.

like all atheists, you want natural reasons for unanswerable questions.

And if you don't get what you want you proclaim that as proof its not true.

But really thats not human, thats natural.

humans are nature but they are capable of grace.

if you ever experience a moment of grace you might see things differently

Some have faith

Some get faith

Some don't give a damn

does faith nullify nature?

no but grace can perfect nature.

Might sound like bollocks but there are billions of people of many different faiths and some of no faith that try to better themselves.

I choose to read the writings of people who have been declared saints

And their writings are beautiful

but natural people who are not interested in those writings will take snippets and twist those graceful pages into a contorted hammer to bash people.

If you have eyes to see, you will see grace and faith and they will grow and produce virtue and beatitudes.

if you choose the path of selfish nature without grace or don't even try to understand then you will find ammunition to support your vitriolic attacks

I am a worse sinner than anyone on here.

I have seen and return to my vomit

you have not seen, YET, doesn't mean you cant, but unless you receive a burst of grace from without I don't think you ever will.

But that just my position today

I will pray for you to receive some peace and joy and love through grace.

If I am rude, its my nature

Im trying to be graceful

but the truth is I am a disgraceful twat

Members online

Latest posts

Back