Johnston : Academy Breakout of the Year

I’m not worried. :)

The terms you cited are fucking awful. I look at rightwing Nazi types proclaiming white supremacy whilst unable to spell on their placards and I think, you’re a thick uneducated prick. I would keep quiet about proclaiming yourself superior to anything mate.

Oh why do those people hate others based on nothing but colour. Fkn sickening. Especially given the history endured by black people who do not act like that.

Some people really are a waste of oxygen.

Oh why do those people hate others based on nothing but colour. Fkn sickening. Especially given the history endured by black people who do not act like that.

Some people really are a waste of oxygen.

Hating people based on religion is just as bad. It shows a complete lack of intelligence. To tar all of a group as the same because you hate a part of that group is as bad in racial terms as doing the same because of what school they went to.

We breathe the same air as people of different religions too.

You know what, why don’t we bin religion, everybody thinks theirs is right. What a stroke of luck that every single person on the planet, regardless of which one you follow, the one you were born into, was the right one. What are the odds? Quite high. :) you can’t change what colour you are unless your a tan fan, but you can decide to let you’re absolute belief your god is right go. And why does he always hate gay people?

About as much chance as I have of being invited to Lawell’s for chrimbo dinner though than people thinking, could we be wrong? :)

Hating people based on religion is just as bad. It shows a complete lack of intelligence. To tar all of a group as the same because you hate a part of that group is as bad in racial terms as doing the same because of what school they went to.

We breathe the same air as people of different religions too.

You know what, why don’t we bin religion, everybody thinks theirs is right. What a stroke of luck that every single person on the planet, regardless of which one you follow, the one you were born into, was the right one. What are the odds? Quite high. :) you can’t change what colour you are unless your a tan fan, but you can decide to let you’re absolute belief your god is right go. And why does he always hate gay people?

About as much chance as I have of being invited to Lawell’s for chrimbo dinner though than people thinking, could we be wrong? :)

I don’t hate faith groups nor non faith groups.

Hun is different. Hun to me is the same vile shit as your white supremicists. Sickening scum.

I don’t hate faith groups nor non faith groups.

Hun is different. Hun to me is the same vile shit as your white supremicists. Sickening scum.

Ok I get you. I too have issues with hate filled cunts who demonise people because of their colour or religion. If your religion is one that wants to discriminate against people of a non heterosexual persuasion, then I couldn’t support that religion, or even think it was anything but a shower of hate filled deluded cunts that should be shunned to the outback of any civilised society.

But that’s just me. :)

Ok I get you. I too have issues with hate filled cunts who demonise people because of their colour or religion. If your religion is one that wants to discriminate against people of a non heterosexual persuasion, then I couldn’t support that religion, or even think it was anything but a shower of hate filled deluded cunts that should be shunned to the outback of any civilised society.

But that’s just me. :)

I think some parts of my faith have been lost. There were far more scrolls from the apostles that did not make it into the good book. They were burned. By man who decided which was going in.

I think true faith does not discriminate.

Even the hun is Gods child.

Being hetro i dont get gay. But i dont have to.

They do and as far as im concerned gay people do not choose a life journey so hard by choice. Its who they are they cannot help the person they love the same as hetro cant.

I say live n ket live. My God does not discriminate against gay folk.

Neither does our Pope.

They are Gods children.

You do not support any religion and that is your choice.

My religion is RC my faith is in God as is his love for us all.

I think some parts of my faith have been lost. There were far more scrolls from the apostles that did not make it into the good book. They were burned. By man who decided which was going in.

I think true faith does not discriminate.

Even the hun is Gods child.

Being hetro i dont get gay. But i dont have to.

They do and as far as im concerned gay people do not choose a life journey so hard by choice. Its who they are they cannot help the person they love the same as hetro cant.

I say live n ket live. My God does not discriminate against gay folk.

Neither does our Pope.

They are Gods children.

You do not support any religion and that is your choice.

My religion is RC my faith is in God as is his love for us all.

You believe in Karma. Which the church doesn’t like and it sees homosexuality as a problem and not right, hence Ireland until recently being in the Middle Ages and only the North still happy to be there.

The Catholic Church does not see homosexuality as equal to heterosexual. You aren’t allowed to be an openly gay priest. I just wonder why any god would create people with different sexualities, then condemn them for it.

Don’t you think that’s a man made thing?

The church says they don’t hate the sinner it’s the sin. Well telling people how they love is a sin is barbaric to me.

And un all loving god behavior.

Just one of the reasons I decided it was all made up by men, that didn’t make my old school catholic mother happy. Her name was Maria too btw. :)

You believe in Karma. Which the church doesn’t like and it sees homosexuality as a problem and not right, hence Ireland until recently being in the Middle Ages and only the North still happy to be there.

The Catholic Church does not see homosexuality as equal to heterosexual. You aren’t allowed to be an openly gay priest. I just wonder why any god would create people with different sexualities, then condemn them for it.

Don’t you think that’s a man made thing?

The church says they don’t hate the sinner it’s the sin. Well telling people how they love is a sin is barbaric to me.

And un all loving god behavior.

Just one of the reasons I decided it was all made up by men, that didn’t make my old school catholic mother happy. Her name was Maria too btw. :)

I think Jesus taught us the way of God. I think each apostle took his account of their experience of Jesus. They taught this to the people until most where hunted down and killed by the Romans.

The scrolls were not written until latterly and only select ones made it into the bible.
Of course i think my church must know men have over the centuries backed them into a corner because of course there are things outdated and unchristian.

As i said being Gay, imo, is not a choice it is who a person is..... Gods child.

There are some sticklers for rules everywhere. Like old fashioned people priests. But it was man that decided which scrolls went into the good book despite there being scrolls for all and some contradicting others due to one apostle spreading the word differently from another, like your take on something may be different to anothers perception.

The head of my church has said gay folk are not wrong for how can god be wrong about his children.

Not everyone is blinkered or a stickler for mans rules.

Faith is different.

You either have it or dont.

And this Catholic does not believe Gay people are wrong in the eyes of God.

So i suppose you would have to find one that does and ask them but it would be my belief that they are using their own narrow mindedness to come to that conclusion.

I think Jesus taught us the way of God. I think each apostle took his account of their experience of Jesus. They taught this to the people until most where hunted down and killed by the Romans.

The scrolls were not written until latterly and only select ones made it into the bible.
Of course i think my church must know men have over the centuries backed them into a corner because of course there are things outdated and unchristian.

As i said being Gay, imo, is not a choice it is who a person is..... Gods child.

There are some sticklers for rules everywhere. Like old fashioned people priests. But it was man that decided which scrolls went into the good book despite there being scrolls for all and some contradicting others due to one apostle spreading the word differently from another, like your take on something may be different to anothers perception.

The head of my church has said gay folk are not wrong for how can god be wrong about his children.

Not everyone is blinkered or a stickler for mans rules.

Faith is different.

You either have it or dont.

And this Catholic does not believe Gay people are wrong in the eyes of God.

So i suppose you would have to find one that does and ask them but it would be my belief that they are using their own narrow mindedness to come to that conclusion.

I hear what you’re saying but the bottom line is, the people who argue that homosexuality is wrong point to the bible where it’s as clear as day. That is why I believe it’s a man made book. Why would a allegedly living god create people then ensure their persecution by telling people it was an abomination?

Thankful society has binned its views on gay people and women as the bible also has them as property of men. Again, why would god do that? Men do that. Anyway. As you said, you believe and I don’t. You see him as loving, I read his book and he’s anything but.

Let’s agree on the one true religion, Celtic. :)

I hear what you’re saying but the bottom line is, the people who argue that homosexuality is wrong point to the bible where it’s as clear as day. That is why I believe it’s a man made book. Why would a allegedly living god create people then ensure their persecution by telling people it was an abomination?

Thankful society has binned its views on gay people and women as the bible also has them as property of men. Again, why would god do that? Men do that. Anyway. As you said, you believe and I don’t. You see him as loving, I read his book and he’s anything but.

Let’s agree on the one true religion, Celtic. :)

Thats bullshit. Your saying that every gay basher is a believer. Ffs thats narrow minded as fuck big cheese

Thats bullshit. Your saying that every gay basher is a believer. Ffs thats narrow minded as fuck big cheese

No. Im
Saying every Christian who thinks it’s a sin uses the bible as their justification. Although believers in ISIS threw gay people of high buildings because it’s in their book.

It’s in the book Maria and you don’t follow that bit, but more conservative Christians would say you were a cafeteria Christian, and they do, by picking and choosing what you follow. They say it’s gods word and people can’t change it. That’s just a fact.

No. Im
Saying every Christian who thinks it’s a sin uses the bible as their justification. Although believers in ISIS threw gay people of high buildings because it’s in their book.

It’s in the book Maria and you don’t follow that bit, but more conservative Christians would say you were a cafeteria Christian, and they do, by picking and choosing what you follow. They say it’s gods word and people can’t change it. That’s just a fact.

It isnt. Its an interpretation of man.

It isnt. Its an interpretation of man.

I would agree it’s all down to men. But if you believe it’s the actual word of god then it’s a tricky one you deciding what is god saying and what are men saying.

This guy sums up the conservative view.

If you start picking and choosing then what’s the point if it. It’s either all true or none of it is. I think none and reject it all, but I too started with stuff that was mental before realising, it all was. How would you respond to the guy in the video? The words are clear, as they are on slavery, killing your wean if he’s cheeky, go to hell for eating shrimp or mixed fibre jumpers. Stoning adulterers to death, killing all that don’t believe in your god etc. It’s a hitlist with angels to deaden the brutality of it. if you don’t believe me read it. I am not making this stuff up, bro ze age men who did t know where the sun went at night did.

I would agree it’s all down to men. But if you believe it’s the actual word of god then it’s a tricky one you deciding what is god saying and what are men saying.

This guy sums up the conservative view.

If you start picking and choosing then what’s the point if it. It’s either all true or none of it is. I think none and reject it all, but I too started with stuff that was mental before realising, it all was. How would you respond to the guy in the video? The words are clear, as they are on slavery, killing your wean if he’s cheeky, go to hell for eating shrimp or mixed fibre jumpers. Stoning adulterers to death, killing all that don’t believe in your god etc. It’s a hitlist with angels to deaden the brutality of it. if you don’t believe me read it. I am not making this stuff up, bro ze age men who did t know where the sun went at night did.

I think it is pretty basic to know right from wrong. Therefore true christianity is about righteousness.

I believe God is loving and forgiving. Jesus died on the cross for us to show this.

Just because 12 apostles who meant well split up then set up their own churches spreading the word as their individual interpretations then over a hundred years or so later some people set to writing these teachings from each of the churches into scrolls.

You say im a canteen christian. Thats your opinion. I try to br a good, decent and honest person. Thats all i can do.

I have warmth in my heart and soul knowing right from wrong and whilst i dont always do the right thing, i’m human not a saint, i’d still rather be .... canteen christian than be a faithless person sitting in judgement of others.

Only God will judge me big cheese

You do need places of worship. Your faith is within you, we were taught at scool to respect others and treat them as you would like to be treated. Yes the new testaments were used by those in power at the time. Some didn't agree Martin Luther for instance. The Catholic Church was wasting money on vanity projects ie cathedrals with loads of splendour lavished on them, with disregard for the people. Parishes were set up by the Romans to enable collection of taxes

Anyway here is a great place to begin understanding the difference between faith (in this case christian v the alternatives) and randomness

this is lecture 1 of a big series

but this dude Bishop Fulton sheen was the most famous televangelist

Before it was hijacked by the (god needs money crew)

this was made over 50 years ago

but it really is timeless.

the 1 lecture for 20 mins will explain faith to anybody

Now you will still probably reject his words but he will at least explain in simple language that anyone can understand.

if you listen to it TV and still want talk bout faith then I will listen to your debate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back