Jonny Hayes signals Celtic exit with emotional Instagram message

Jozo offski anaw.

Liked the big mhan but missed to many games, will always remember his magical goal after we lost Cesar.

Good luck in all you do Jozo. H.H
Great on his day but always getting sent off 🙈. I guess Copenhagen at home played a part in that decision 😬

I think that Taylor can become a decent full back. He is still young it was a very big step up to have to perform every single miniute of every single game in high pressure games. He might never be the next McGrain, Gemmell or even Tierney, but he might be a reliable Jackie McNamara type servant.

Boli obviously has skills but not a great defender. It was strange that we moved to a 3-5-2 which would suit him better and he was dropped (but Lenny got it 100% right when you look at our results).

I guess Hickey is a done deal, but he is young too and so is still prone to the odd brainfart.

Overall I think the bhoy has done well BB and if we leave him to do the duties of a LB then I think he'll make the position his own and go on to be an integral part of the team but if we keep asking him to do that as well as expecting him to bomb down the line and whip in crosses like a winger then his defensive qualities will suffer and he'll be no good as a LB or a WB. That's not his game it's that simple.

Boli is another one who's been harshly judged as far as I'm concerned, fuck some were writing him off after his 1st game, he's NOT defensively minded and is more suited playing an attacking role and when he's expected to do both he ends up in 2 minds and does neither that well. Let the bhoy loose as an out and out winger and we might just see him thrive......worth a shot surely?

I've made my feelings well known before on this hard working grafter - he maybe isn't the best player at Parkhead, but I think he is a positive for us as a squad player who covers a couple of positions and always tries his best whenever he pulls on the famous hoops. Maybe he isn't good enough against European opposition but I think he is important in the bread-and-butter games against hammer throwers and on plastic pitches in the league.

Financially I think it is a no-brainer to keep him as he must be better value for money than this stream of young foreign "projects" we buy, too many of them don't make the grade for us.

This season of all seasons we will need no nonsense battles who will get stuck in a fight hard for the shirt. He always gives it 100% every single time he pulls on his beloved hoops, like a true fan, and I think we need that in at least some of our players.
aye I have to agree it wid be cheap enough to keep hayes on as u say he can cover a number a positions I wid av kept him but I suppose it more wages aff the Bill for new faces but still wid keep him though HH

Boli is not a wing back either. His inabilty to beat a man in front of him then to give up the ghost has been obvious since his first game. He offers/adds nothing. Then we allow JH to leave.... absurd

Just my opinion but the bhoy has been caught between 2 positions Vigo and his attacking ability suffered because of that, he's got the strength and pace to take players on and go past them and if allowed to focus on a more attacking role I think you'd see a massive improvement in his game.

Just my opinion but the bhoy has been caught between 2 positions Vigo and his attacking ability suffered because of that, he's got the strength and pace to take players on and go past them and if allowed to focus on a more attacking role I think you'd see a massive improvement in his game.
I appreciate the idea but to my mind he is not a good enough player to be anywhere near Celtic. No harm to the boy. In my opinion he loses almost EVERY time he tries to go past a player. Any half decent Scottish full back or right sided midfield player makes him look very very poor

I appreciate the idea but to my mind he is not a good enough player to be anywhere near Celtic. No harm to the boy. In my opinion he loses almost EVERY time he tries to go past a player. Any half decent Scottish full back or right sided midfield player makes him look very very poor

Naw that's fair enough mate, the world would be a dull place if we all shared the same opinions.

I think it's worth trying before he disappears of the radar completely, we might just find a player in there and save ourselves a few bob. (y)

Until we have someone better would it not be smart to hang on to someone who can actually play football unlike somebody like Mbombo (who is not a footballer)?
Completely agree that we should have better, but the fact is we dont. Johnny was our best option, IMO, and we have allowed him to go. Let's not kid ourselves that we will sign a ready to go LB. I said on a previous thread that we dont need new signings to win the 10. Hold on to what we have while all the rest around us fall apart and we will win the league. But now our trust has to go on boli, who is not a LB and taylor who is or was to inconsistent. Lennon has a job getting at least one of these players up to speed for the new season.

It isn't the case that we could just hang on to Jonny until we get a better player in (just as with Lustig last year). You need to let him go and get a deal somewhere else while he can.

I was worried last year when Lustig left, even though he had been iffy for ages. Lenny brought in better right backs and now we're looking rosy there.

The kid Hickey already looks good enough for this league. He's played 50 games for Hearts and he's still younger than KT was when he made his debut. Added to this, both Boli and Taylor were played out of position last year (Boli as a full back, Taylor as a wingback) - sort out that anomaly and they'll both have w better chance.

I'm more annoyed that we're not taking up the option on Jozo - there, I've said it.

It isn't the case that we could just hang on to Jonny until we get a better player in (just as with Lustig last year). You need to let him go and get a deal somewhere else while he can.

I was worried last year when Lustig left, even though he had been iffy for ages. Lenny brought in better right backs and now we're looking rosy there.

The kid Hickey already looks good enough for this league. He's played 50 games for Hearts and he's still younger than KT was when he made his debut. Added to this, both Boli and Taylor were played out of position last year (Boli as a full back, Taylor as a wingback) - sort out that anomaly and they'll both have w better chance.

I'm more annoyed that we're not taking up the option on Jozo - there, I've said it.
Good points but to injury prone for me and some dodgy performances, again were all different.

Members online

Latest posts

Back