Jota to the Saudi league

Glasbhoy81

If Jota is going to sign for those animals in Saudi Arabia, how much do you think celtic should be charging them?
He has 4 years left on his deal and I think Benfica have a 30% sell on free.
I personally would be charging at least £30m , it's not as if they don't have the money. Chare them f30m & make them pay Benfica their £10m

347407223_1412623556239642_8310434797291050404_n.jpg

I don’t think Jota would go to that league at this stage in his career
£10m per year tax free would be hugely persuasive. Add the higher profile back home playing in the same league as Ronaldo, with a Portuguese manager in Nuno and in the same team as Benzema and Kante you would imagine his international prospects would increase. A couple of years of that and set for life at 26 ready to move onto a top 5 league or back to his beloved Benfica.

I have been asking myself why we are in for two new wingers in the Australian and South Korean.
Expecting Abada to go and Jota was always gonna be a risk for the off. So could be something in it.
If Jota goes then we will need to be in for a far higher profile winger than the two projects from Oz & SK.
Rumours of Tete from Shakhtar (was on loan at Leicester last season) make more sense if Jota were to leave

The disgustingly huge sums of money being spent by the Saudis to import quality players means that the standard will continue to get higher. Their domestic players are very decent too. So maybe it won't be considered such a joke of a league in another year or two.

Jota's rumoured take-home pay would be about a 2000% pay rise, so it is more understandable that he is interested in the offer.

As Benfica are due a significant sell-on clause then I hope we are selling for more than the £20m quoted!

Assuming it is true, of course.

Latest posts

Back