Jota to the Saudi league

This is the problem teams like Celtic have these days we try and build a squad but soon as the teams in the top 5 leagues come calling they leave and now it's Saudi Arabia ..... disappointed if he leaves (fair play near end of his career going for cash)but not the now tho if it was for a big club in Europe fair play but not that move that is just purely for the cash......and don't say we would do the same at our jobs it's completely different (he's already making millions)

Saudi Arabia pumping serious dough into their league. We'll soon see how much all these money hungry vigilantes love the Premier league when they're offered obscene amounts of money to play there.
The only loyalty in football is from the supporters. The rest are full a shite.

We will move on and survive without him. It is a great bit of business if we get about £25 million. He is replaceable.
It pays to score in the Bernabeu 25-28m rumours

think this may be the real reason

Fz0IgciWcA0xsHs

In footballing terms this will be a step back for Jota, ok so the league has signed a few big names who's career is on the wain an the greedy bastards want even more money to add to the huge pile they've already got.
Jota is not is that position yet but no doubt can command a higher wage than he's on at the moment.
He's not even a big name yet. But if he has serious International ambitions he should reconsider, the UEFA Champions league is where he can gain the most exposure, and he can get that with Celtic, not Millionaires Utd in Saudi.
Having said that if he goes so what, we'll find another.

If he is going, Celtic should definitely make the Saudis pay through the nose. After all, they are not being at all subtle with the way they are splashing the cash, we should be making them prove that money is no object (and don't stop at £25M). If Jota wants to go for even more money than he will be on at the moment, he can sod off like Postecoglou. At this rate, we won't believe anyone who tells us its great to be at Celtic.

No laughing at the back now.... But how long before we have a Saudi Arabian team playing in the CL, I know one of them has just won it, but I mean a Saudi Arabian league team.... Laugh awe you want but money talks and the hierarchy of football are as corrupt as a high court judge in a case for the huns...

A major shake up of the domestic leagues isn't all that far off UEFA can only re-jig the 3 European tournaments for so long... Then UEFA govener Broonie Envelope will figure out a rule to allow them in, a change of name dropping Europe would be one way....

Me I'll give it 5 seasons and then 🗯️🏝️🌍🗺️..

As for Jota, the one I didn't want to lose if I'm honest...

If you go Good luck, but you wont find a pub like The Brazen head in Saudi mate 🤕😁🤣.

As for the 25m price I would be looking for twice that as he is a outstanding talent and still had 4yrs left, its not as though they dont have the fookin dough in their back pockets is it... 50m is 12.5m per season of his remaining contract and not a lot in monetary terms compared to the money for a so called "big league player"..

£10m per year tax free would be hugely persuasive. Add the higher profile back home playing in the same league as Ronaldo, with a Portuguese manager in Nuno and in the same team as Benzema and Kante you would imagine his international prospects would increase. A couple of years of that and set for life at 26 ready to move onto a top 5 league or back to his beloved Benfica.
I would play for 3 years & retire

Don’t know why he would disappear to a backwater league at this stage in his career. I would have thought he would aspire to greater heights than that.
Yeah, yeah I know...money. But he could leave it till he’s 35 like everybody else does.
Agree with you 100%-but look at John Kennedy -you never know when your career might end abruptly-sorry to see him go-but really enjoyed watching him here-he gave his all-wish him well

No laughing at the back now.... But how long before we have a Saudi Arabian team playing in the CL, I know one of them has just won it, but I mean a Saudi Arabian league team.... Laugh awe you want but money talks and the hierarchy of football are as corrupt as a high court judge in a case for the huns...

A major shake up of the domestic leagues isn't all that far off UEFA can only re-jig the 3 European tournaments for so long... Then UEFA govener Broonie Envelope will figure out a rule to allow them in, a change of name dropping Europe would be one way....

Me I'll give it 5 seasons and then 🗯️🏝️🌍🗺️..
I would not be surprised to see clubs from the Gulf states joining into the UCL. Mind you, FIFA are planning in relaunching an expanded World Club Championship tournament in the summer so that might become the premier club competition.

If UEFA block these countries from joining then why would they not just form their own Super League? And why bother investing in clubs based in Manchester, London, Paris, Barcelona, etc, when you can bring in the world's best players to play for clubs based in Jeddah, Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, etc?

Last edited:
I would bot be surprised to see clubs from the Gulf states joining into the UCL. Mind you, FIFA are planning in relaunching an expanded World Club Championship tournament in the summer so that might become the premier club competition.

If UEFA block these countries from joining then why would they not just form their own Super League? And why bother investing in clubs based in Manchester, London, Paris, Barcelona, etc, when you can bring in the world's best players to play for clubs based in Jeddah, Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, etc?
I think that's what will happen footballs now a new toy for the rich arab states they own enough clubs and have the wealth of the radar to get their leagues up and running

Back