Julien Christopher

Edson Alvarez for me is the most crucial part of transfer summer.The board knows that for sure, our club made talks weeks ago with club America.

Alvarez is good. I really thought someone in the MLS would pick him up, like the LA Galaxy (I wish San Jose would, but they're too cheap), and he should have been on Celtic's radar. It goes back to what I said a while back where there's talent literally all over the world -- not exactly household names, but still great players -- who can be had at a reasonable (or better) cost. Alvarez was one of them, but

Meanwhile, I have to buy an extra burrito to console my friend who owns the taqueria, where I watch the Liga MX games.

Got to say this signing has me buzzing, it's the type of signing I've been banging on about for ages.

Much needed experience added to the team as well as addressing an area that's been a problem for years. Hopefully the big man can come in and be that rock in the centre of defence we've been crying out for and not just give the bhoys around him confidence but give the bhoys in front of him the freedom to go forward and play their own game without having to constantly worry about providing cover for a nervy central defence.

Like I said the other day, well done to Lawell and the board on this one because the impact this particular signing could have on the team as a whole could be massive.

:):):):):)

This signing has the zombies excited too.....just evidently not in a very happy excited kinda way ????

Got to say this signing has me buzzing, it's the type of signing I've been banging on about for ages.

Much needed experience added to the team as well as addressing an area that's been a problem for years. Hopefully the big man can come in and be that rock in the centre of defence we've been crying out for and not just give the bhoys around him confidence but give the bhoys in front of him the freedom to go forward and play their own game without having to constantly worry about providing cover for a nervy central defence.

Like I said the other day, well done to Lawell and the board on this one because the impact this particular signing could have on the team as a whole could be massive.

:):):):):)

It's a proper kick in the nads as well for the rat and his idiot scouting team
Lenny only been back 5 minutes and we're handing him serious cash to spend.
Rogers couldn't be trusted with the money and it might explain a lot of the transfer decisions over the last few windows.

Last edited:
We look to be heading for a very good window, and some early business as well, so Celtic, if you can deliver a first team ready RB, that would make me a happy man, I'm not greedy. With Griff and the Ukrainian, plus the youngsters trying to break through, we have competition for places to keep the players on their toes. Now we're adding defenders things seem to be falling into place, if we can qualify for the champions league this season, we will be in an excellent place for chasing 9iar.

We look to be heading for a very good window, and some early business as well, so Celtic, if you can deliver a first team ready RB, that would make me a happy man, I'm not greedy. With Griff and the Ukrainian, plus the youngsters trying to break through, we have competition for places to keep the players on their toes. Now we're adding defenders things seem to be falling into place, if we can qualify for the champions league this season, we will be in an excellent place for chasing 9iar.

and we've dropped the tippy tappy football ,the simple things are back like shots ,crosses,headers runs to the byeline

signing players in june , 2 in two days Lawwell must be gettin held at gunpoint somewhere

It would appear after the rat left someone finally explained to the board the concept of a squad and squad rotation
You don't flog your best players to death with 60+ games and you don't leave a bomb scare in defence for every bloody match

and we've dropped the tippy tappy football ,the simple things are back like shots ,crosses,headers runs to the byeline

signing players in june , 2 in two days Lawwell must be gettin held at gunpoint somewhere

Please for the love of god tell me we've also stopped the lets pass back and start again move
20 minutes to get it to the oppositions 18 yard box and 20 minutes to play it back to our keeper so we can start again because no one felt like a shot.
Lash the thing and let their keeper worry about it
90% possession is no good when 80% of that is going back to your own keeper

Please for the love of god tell me we've also stopped the lets pass back and start again move
20 minutes to get it to the oppositions 18 yard box and 20 minutes to play it back to our keeper so we can start again because no one felt like a shot.
Lash the thing and let their keeper worry about it
90% possession is no good when 80% of that is going back to your own keeper

100% agree, Richie, that tippy tappy football of back passing drove us all demented. Celtic thunder forward as the best form of defence is attack.

Back