Just a friendly.

Mind I was (still am TBF) called a Hun? 😬
I've had tons of disagreements on here. A few belters TBF (deadner and big Ian stand out) but it's just the internet at the end of the day and stuff should not be taken too seriously unless it gets personal
Anyway, big Ian now lives in my basement and deadner is now my shrink 😎👍

I've had tons of disagreements on here. A few belters TBF (deadner and big Ian stand out) but it's just the internet at the end of the day and stuff should not be taken too seriously unless it gets personal
Any chance of putting a bit of Internet access in your basement Docco?
When Average Ian was on "special" substances he was fuckin hysterical!

My point exactly docco. I'm glad you're made of stronger stuff and chose to stick around after the shit you had to put up with at the beginning. Many new members don't...and many who haven't posted are probably to scared to when they see some of the abuse others get.
I know full well when I started this thread I'd get called the usual "armchair manager" and stuff and that's fine. When I post negative stuff, I'm glad of members like yourself and others who are quick to put me right...thats the whole point.
But then you get people saying we shouldn't post negative threads and moan about things we think are wrong with the team...to me, that's not how the forum should be.

My point exactly docco. I'm glad you're made of stronger stuff and chose to stick around after the shit you had to put up with at the beginning. Many new members don't...and many who haven't posted are probably to scared to when they see some of the abuse others get.
Tbf if they're scared they can sod off, no time for scaredy cats!

🐈

(Only kidding join in, I'll defend you like I did with that wee hun Docco)

I know I'm going to get shit for this thread...being negative and all that but is anyone concerned that work doesn't seem to be being done with our defence.
Last season we were a joy to watch going forward....and already in these few friendlies you can see our pace and skill going forward is improving. Some of the passing and one touch football we have played has been fantastic. We are certainly going to see some high scoring matches next season.....but....the mistakes we made in defence last season don't seem to be going away.
I said on the match thread that there doesn't seem to be a plan...just don't punt it. When a team presses us high it always looks like we are going to lose it. The benefit of having pacey players and committing teams to a high press means that, on the odd occasion, we can go long and use that pace. But we don't.
I know these friendlies are about fitness but it's also a chance for our coaches to put plans into practise...and you can see that in our attacking play definitely. Just doesn't seem to be happening with how we play at the back.
For the 100th time...YES. We have a big problem with the defence. We can’t just keep ignoring this and relying on the attack to score more than they lose.
I cant understand why Ange cant see this and take steps to remedy this. We needed a real defensive coach...not HK, there’s not much wrong with our attacking play

How are ye feelin these days bigman? Need a bit a time on the couch?

For the 100th time...YES. We have a big problem with the defence. We can’t just keep ignoring this and relying on the attack to score more than they lose.
I cant understand why Ange cant see this and take steps to remedy this. We needed a real defensive coach...not HK, there’s not much wrong with our attacking play
Wouldn't say its as big as an issue that your trying to make out BB.
Still got a defensive line full of international quality defenders, plenty of experience sitting in behind them also.
Get in another CB of decent quality and we are very well set up still for the coming season still imo.
Not so easy to get the CB partnership along with the keeper right especially when you don't really want to change your favoured set up and keeping those waiting in the wings with limited opportunities, especially when your favoured pairings are preforming also, I would say

I'm pretty sure the big yin had words way a few of us tbf it's like an initiation 🤣

Still got a defensive line full of international quality defenders, plenty of experience sitting in behind them also.
Get in another CB of decent quality and we are very well set up still for the coming season still imo.
Not so easy to get the CB partnership along with the keeper right especially when you don't really want to change your favoured set up and keeping those waiting in the wings with limited opportunities, especially when your favoured pairings are preforming also, I would say
I have stuck up for Jullien and gave him the benefit of the doubt but after watching him on Saturday and I am sad to say that I was probably wrong we should offload him if possible. Ideally we would lose him and Ajeti from the squad and bring in a left-sided CB and a poacher/striker and that would be a good transfer window for me.

If Mikey J leaves then we might need another back-up winger but I might be tempted to play Juranovic further up the pitch for the few occasions we may need this. Overall though I am very happy with getting this business sorted out early instead of on the 31st August.

I have stuck up for Jullien and gave him the benefit of the doubt but after watching him on Saturday and I am sad to say that I was probably wrong we should offload him if possible. Ideally we would lose him and Ajeti from the squad and bring in a left-sided CB and a poacher/striker and that would be a good transfer window for me.

If Mikey J leaves then we might need another back-up winger but I might be tempted to play Juranovic further up the pitch for the few occasions we may need this. Overall though I am very happy with getting this business sorted out early instead of on the 31st August.
Very true BB, offloading players on big contracts isn't as easy as we would like, so forcing them out of the door is a much better option taken when showing the majority of the supporters that they clearly aren't in the plans of the manager as such, quite simply as they are deemed not to be good enough for us any longer.
If they wish to stay around the club like a bad stink then not a lot we can actually do as such, but if they choose to run or use the media to show their discontent then they place themselves in a worse light to other clubs than they already have done as such.
Ange has played a blinder regarding ajeti and Jules and would show far more respect towards them if they actually were willing to pack their bags and move on now.
Still think it will happen and a pair of spiteful useless fucks if it doesn't imo

Watch what happens on many occasions when the other team has a high press on us John. We play tippy tappy into tighter and tighter spaces until the inevitable mistake happens. The fact that we have international defenders does not mean they are capable of Barca like inter-passing.
There is a time for slick passing and a time for more direct forward play. Our defenders need to learn the difference. IMO Joe is the biggest culprit. Some of his short passes have me sitting eyes shut waiting for the catastrophe to happen.

Have u heard something about mickey possibly being allowed to leave this window BB??

Watch what happens on many occasions when the other team has a high press on us John. We play tippy tappy into tighter and tighter spaces until the inevitable mistake happens. The fact that we have international defenders does not mean they are capable of Barca like inter-passing.
There is a time for slick passing and a time for more direct forward play. Our defenders need to learn the difference. IMO Joe is the biggest culprit. Some of his short passes have me sitting eyes shut waiting for the catastrophe to happen.
Won't deny its a high risk system of play Ange has chosen and wants us to play BB, but also great potential results when we play through the high press in terms of goal scoring opportunities that can be created.
In turn there is the potential huge goal scoring opportunities handed up also, but still yet to give away one that's cost us a game still, compared to the amount of goals scored with opportunities created as far as I can recall BB.
Will that same approach be taken for the CL campaign?
At a guess I would say yes as can't see Ange changing his approach now, except trying to get us to play out from the back quicker.
Will all have to wait and see how successful it will be at a much higher level still and couldn't call it myself at present

Have u heard something about mickey possibly being allowed to leave this window BB??
Nothing more than rumours - and these are probably originating from hacked off fans.

I think Mikey has all the skills but his decision-making lets him down so maybe he needs to go somewhere else to properly flourish. We've seen a few like him over the years: Simon Donnelly, Jamie Smith, Ross Wallace, Niall McGinn, Ewan & Liam Henderson, etc, etc.

Nothing more than rumours - and these are probably originating from hacked off fans.

I think Mikey has all the skills but his decision-making lets him down so maybe he needs to go somewhere else to properly flourish. We've seen a few like him over the years: Simon Donnelly, Jamie Smith, Ross Wallace, Niall McGinn, Ewan & Liam Henderson, etc, etc.
Seems to be working on his closing down /defending and link up play which have both been pretty brutal under Ange and a big requirement for Ange also.
Think if a offer came in for Mikey that was acceptable we would take it and look for a possible replacement still imo BB.

See that instinct when to release the baw that timing the rite good players have maybe he's just not got it because he has all the skills to beat people but it ain't enuf shame if he don't make it with us being one of the youths brought thru

Most teams now use the high press, defend from the front, to beat it the midfield need to work harder to find the space to be the out ball for the man under pressure, the issue isn’t the defence’s passing it’s the stationary lackadaisical midfield not putting in the work😡

Members online

No members online now.

Back