Just a friendly.

Watch what happens on many occasions when the other team has a high press on us John. We play tippy tappy into tighter and tighter spaces until the inevitable mistake happens. The fact that we have international defenders does not mean they are capable of Barca like inter-passing.
There is a time for slick passing and a time for more direct forward play. Our defenders need to learn the difference. IMO Joe is the biggest culprit. Some of his short passes have me sitting eyes shut waiting for the catastrophe to happen.
Always thought we should mix it up a bit, when teams are pressing us high up the pitch throw in the odd long ball and catch them out short numbered at their end

Wouldn't say its as big as an issue that your trying to make out BB.
Still got a defensive line full of international quality defenders, plenty of experience sitting in behind them also.
Get in another CB of decent quality and we are very well set up still for the coming season still imo.
Not so easy to get the CB partnership along with the keeper right especially when you don't really want to change your favoured set up and keeping those waiting in the wings with limited opportunities, especially when your favoured pairings are preforming also, I would say
If Ange thinks Welsh is good enough he may not be looking for another centre back ?

If Ange thinks Welsh is good enough he may not be looking for another centre back ?
Don't think Welsh was ever the problem more so Jules imo.
Respect Welsh for doing a job in a position that he still might not feel totally comfortable in and hopefully this new CB coming in will allow him to switch to the right sided back up CB where I would say he is best suited imo.

Always thought we should mix it up a bit, when teams are pressing us high up the pitch throw in the odd long ball and catch them out short numbered at their end
Absolutely - especially with the blistering pace we have upfront. Kyogo, Maeda, Abada, Jota, etc running onto an early ball over the top when the opponent is stretched would cause problems and make them more wary about using the high press against us.

Back