Kieran Tierney Transfer Thread

It's been a long day over on The Celtic Star, think we published 16 articles today - the most ever.

My own thoughts on KT? His contract at Celtic had the £25m figure agreed, so his agent could tout him round any of the big English clubs and could say at that price Celtic have to come to us with the bid, having had their asking price met.

Plenty of young Celtic Supporters play for the Development team and are let go at the end of each season. Tierney made it through that and gave all he had for the team that he will support on going, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

He was a fans favourite, especially among the younger supporters who worshipped him as one of their own. That tends to make a player play better, and perhaps even appear better. I remember one game at Celtic Park when a mistake was made (it was by KT) and the groans and moans stopped because the support realised who was at fault. The support was embarrassed for a moment, it was awkward - we couldn't criticise Kieran.

He hasn't played much in the past year, hardly at all this year. In the Double Treble season he seemed to get in Scotty Sinclair's way and Rodgers eventually played him a little further forward to handle the left hand side on his own. That was some shift, he has some engine.

His final ball isn't great often enough and that will have to improve down there, so there will be challenges.

The £25m is a decent return on an Academy player and it is a good deal given his injury record IF the money goes back into the team. The failure to sign the French full back seems strange, he wanted to come and Lenny liked him - and he was cheap at £2.5m, roughly the same as the bonus payment made at the start of this year to a non playing employee.

Good luck to Kieran, everyone at Celtic will in time agree with that.
Spot on WC. we've lost better players. Feel contridicted in ma response we know what Academy players are FOR hard as it may seem.Celtic better have good sell on Clause cos IMHO £25m was a steal. Anyway Onwards we go.HH

Lucky you lass, when ye get past 65 yer paps are no in the place they used to be...... look more likely knee replacements now??
Well this aul tart is away te bed. Night Bhoys n Ghirls thanks fe yer company. God bless

???. Way to funny GG, wonder if that happened to Shammy.

Anyway i would get an uplift no way are ma puppies goin south lol.

Great craic tonight ghirl. Thanx on a day like this you are a tonic ????

Members online

Latest posts

Back