Kilmarnock v Celtic, Another Plastic Pitch, Sunday 10th December, 12 noon kick off

I normally give it some time after a disappointing performance; sometimes we can have an off day like any other side. I don't believe that to be the case this time though.

We got what we deserved today. This is the bit where I know I'm repeating myself, but it's not really a surprise to me. I'm sure BR will get slaughtered by some. Equally, there'll be quite a few players who will feel the heat; deservedly so. But here's the thing, there are players pulling on our jersey who should be nowhere near a Celtic shirt. I don't blame them for jumping at the chance to play for Celtic: no, I blame those who scouted them. I know, and I'm sorry for repeating myself continually, but this is ALL down to a lack of ambition from the board. For me, the buck stops with them.

As it happens, I just wanted to get this quarter of the fixture list out of the way with as little damage as possible. I've thought for quite some time now that our season could hinge on ditching the skinflint attitude of our board. I really believe we are at least five decent players short.

Show the same lack of ambition in January, and we open the door wide for sevco.

Every manager has their wee pet. Their go to guy, no matter how good or shite they are. Unfortunately Phillips looks to be brendans. He praised him a few weeks back...then starts putting him in before Lager and Rocky. Against Hibs, Phillips got turned inside out a couple of times, Hibs hitting the post and scoring.
He then starts today. A clear sign from BR to the board that he wants the loan extended, IMO.
Phillips is fucking awful and should never play for Celtic again. But if CCV is injured, he'll start against hearts.

I think the Board will be bricking it round about now and can see 3 or 4 decent first team ready signings arriving in early January, Rodger’s will get no excuses if he turns a championship winning squad into runners ups
HH

Brilliant L. A bit of humour is definitely needed. This is the same board that watched the 10 season fall apart. The guys that are watching their business partners struggle across the city with genuine fear of the the collapse of the "old firm" brand again. The guys that sat a few weeks ago and said they've planned for Celtic not winning the league, already 😂😂....aye, they'll 100% bring in 3 or 4 decent players 😂😂 cheers mate...I needed that laugh!!!

I think the Board will be bricking it round about now and can see 3 or 4 decent first team ready signings arriving in early January, Rodger’s will get no excuses if he turns a championship winning squad into runners ups
HH
I disagree about the board. I truly believe that they care only about massive salary increases/bonuses and patting their own backs for the £70M in the bank. I saw a report earlier suggesting that Fran Alonso might leave due to lack of investment in the women's team and their team would take a lot less to make it complete than the men's team.

Its far too early to call it yet. We're still 5 ahead. Admittedly we're not on top form and the amount of chances we are wasting is costing us. The longer a game goes on the less we look like scoring.
Oh should have had 2 early in the game, Hes not a starter by the looks of things. Kyogo playing deep when they are both on the pitch isnt working either.
We need to sign another striker in the Jan window.

2 ahead. They have a game in hand. That they will 100% win. I think we can all agree on that.

Every manager has their wee pet. Their go to guy, no matter how good or shite they are. Unfortunately Phillips looks to be brendans. He praised him a few weeks back...then starts putting him in before Lager and Rocky. Against Hibs, Phillips got turned inside out a couple of times, Hibs hitting the post and scoring.
He then starts today. A clear sign from BR to the board that he wants the loan extended, IMO.
Phillips is fucking awful and should never play for Celtic again. But if CCV is injured, he'll start against hearts.
I certainly don't rate Phillips, Lubo, but this defeat wasn't all down to him.

I certainly don't rate Phillips, Lubo, but this defeat wasn't all down to him.

I know Frank. Every player on the park has to shoulder it. But Phillips is a shocking player. And the way we play is built on having 2 CBs who are strong and good on the ball. He is none of those things. He makes Souttar look like Maldini. He is slow and clumsy. Scales can't concentrate on his own game as he has no idea what the big lump is about to do.

I normally give it some time after a disappointing performance; sometimes we can have an off day like any other side. I don't believe that to be the case this time though.

We got what we deserved today. This is the bit where I know I'm repeating myself, but it's not really a surprise to me. I'm sure BR will get slaughtered by some. Equally, there'll be quite a few players who will feel the heat; deservedly so. But here's the thing, there are players pulling on our jersey who should be nowhere near a Celtic shirt. I don't blame them for jumping at the chance to play for Celtic: no, I blame those who scouted them. I know, and I'm sorry for repeating myself continually, but this is ALL down to a lack of ambition from the board. For me, the buck stops with them.

As it happens, I just wanted to get this quarter of the fixture list out of the way with as little damage as possible. I've thought for quite some time now that our season could hinge on ditching the skinflint attitude of our board. I really believe we are at least five decent players short.

Show the same lack of ambition in January, and we open the door wide for sevco.
100% Frank. Poor scouting (Lawwell Junior's success rate is awful) and a severe lack of investment due to a preference for posting yet another massive profit (Lawwell Senior steps out of the shadows again after the 10IAR debacle - not a coincidence IMO).

Thanks to the flukes and flutes, sevco are already challenging us in a title race.

This result was on the cards. Let's not kid ourselves. The hibs and sheep game were blips in a season where we have all been pulling our hairs out. Every game, we play the exact same. The matches we have lost this season (europe) are matches, where instead of 10 men behind the ball, we've came up against a team that get in our faces and put us under pressure.
Maybe this is what badger face meant when he said he has us sussed.
Today, we faced a team that went for it...and like every game we've lost this season, we got the same result.
Every manager in Scotland, including uncle fester, would have twigged to that today.
As shite as the scum are, they are better than killie....and now they have a game plan.
Let's not forget, moleman lost his job because he set up to defensive against us and lost. Fester now knows not to make the same mistake. Brendan has very little time to make very big changes.

I agree with you about patting on the back, Neil. I think most of the board members are on £40,000 per annum. Which is not huge for a club the size of Celtic. I may be wrong but my feeling is that the board was unduly influenced by Peter Lawell as CEO and is even more so now, with him as Chairperson and his chosen acolyte in as CEO. His appointment as Chairperson was rank rotten. He has been too long at Celtic. And that is down to nobody else but Dermot Desmond.

Last edited:
Lagerbielke has played in 5 league games for us since signing, we kept clean sheets in 4 of them and only lost 1 goal. What the hell is happening in training if he can't get a sniff of a place on the bench whilst we start with someone who will only be with us for another couple of weeks? Likewise Nawrocki?

Members online

Back