Kilmarnock v Celtic - Comments

Brendan has made quite a few strange decisions over the years. Something seriously not right with him at present. Worst thing is, no idea what the problem is, can't even make a wild guess.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that he's just become so bored with the whole set up in Scotland. However, that is probably wi
Totally agree with ye man, I just do not want people to label us sectarian when we are not. That was the whole point of what I was saying. During the game someone complained about sectarian singing at game. I pointed out that Celtic and its support are not sectarian. That's it, no pro opinion no anti opinion. Celtic and its support are not sectarian. I resent people trying to label us sectarian.
Hail Hail fae People's Republic of Dundee

Absolutely richybhoy, these accusations of us being sectarian are nothing but smsm whatabootery to try and equate us with the 'old firm ' moniker and the old , tired cliche that one side is as bad as the other. Propaganda bollocks mate.
e of the mark too.

Honestly believed the arrival of Gerrard would have added spice. Seems to have had the opposite affect. How we lift ourselves from the current drop in form will prove just how good a man-manager he is.

Not sure how others feel but I'm still fairly confident of lifting the title!
Anton, I don't think that anyone knows what is going on at the m

No mate, I don't think a new manager has even been considered.

It's not the same as a financial institution. If Celtic was one of Desmond's financial interests then he'd have tried to get Pep Guardiola ?

Desmond is a man who bought Gatwick Airport for something like £6m (don't quote me on that) and sold it for a ludicrous profit, can't even remember the figures.

You are correct he does not appear to treat Celtic as one of his business interests, to my mind despite headlines of some supposed journalists in the past who have made him out to be some kind of saviour alongside McCann, like Fergus he has made money and kudos out of Celtic. Unlike most ordinary shareholders who are genuine fans and did not invest thinking of risk.

London city airport is the one he bought and sold, it was / is mainly a business class orientated airport. According to reports he paid around £23 Million in 1995 and sold it for £750 Million in 2006.

He's probably sick now as it was sold again 2 years ago for £2 billion.

The greedy will always feel hungry and poor the next day, regardless of their fill, it's what makes the greedy tick.

Last edited:
If all who sing these songs are so committed to the cause, why don’t they turn up when a Republican march is on?

To me it’s an either or.

Either they aren’t really that committed to the cause
Or
They don’t have the balks to face down the loyalists who turn out to oppose it.

Now if I were to see 6,000 marching with their 70’s shades on I may have more respect even if I would still prefer them to keep them for marching, but I don’t. I see a max 200 souls matching along the road.

Why don’t Irish fans sing them, yet we do and “ always” will?

Plastic Provos. If you believe that much turn out. It is used a stick to beat us.

I have no problem with people have heartfelt solidarity, but if that consists of singing provo songs when we are playing shit at away games, then forgive me for not thinking it’s real commitment.

Hit the streets and show your love for the BBB. At least that takes courage and is the right platform.

This divides the support. Half think it’s embarressing, the other half don’t.

I don’t think it will ever change and is one of the reasons I would never want us to play in the English Premiership even if they wanted us to.

That’s all I have to say about that.
I agree with a lot of what you say mate but the reason that a lot of Irish people don't sing these songs is that they live in an independent country, are not a minority and are not subject to bigotry or sectarianism in their homeland. And I think you will find that a lot of Northern Irishmen , who have historically been the subject of not only bigotry but state sanctioned sectarianism are more than a wee bit inclined to exercise their vocal chords when a reb tune or two is being aired.

Too true!

But how many good players have been lost by Lawwell's OTT negotiations?

Doubt we'll ever know, but regardless think you are spot on regards the McGinn non signing, it went very sour that day, even showed on the face of BR, who I think as you say works a certain way and has his own standards. By accounts BR is a very wealthy man in his own rights, so he will not be pushed around to keep quiet or move just to stay on the right side.
Believe BR genuinely does love Celtic, (never believed MON especially did, but that's another story) so hope he can somehow work it out it with PL, who to be fair has done a good job for very good pay, but! in context we have not exactly had any great competition the last few years to take money from us domestically, and the finances have been swelled by scout talent spotters and current and past team managers and by most of all by the fans, not by some supposed unique set of accountancy or PR skills.

I think PL did chance his arm with McGinn, and McGinn coming out recently saying he was Villa bound anyway because of first team prospects, just does not add up except for McGinn keeping sweet for possibly returning to Celtic one day.

Don't want anyone (except a few players, compper for one) to go just now, just want them to sort it.

Last edited:
After our poor start to the season. Ive been thinking to myself what the fuck is going wrong. Firstly the transfer window was a shambles start to finish, loss of mcginn to AV, we seemed to be waiting to see how the EPL window worked out, with it closing earlier, there didnt seem to be much player movement in the end , Boyata and Dembele situation, Lawell or Head Scout, possibly one or the other or both not doing there job correctly. Im not going to go into the whole transfer window problems we had and wanted to talk about the team and why we arent playing so well. Firstly the loss of Armstrong, in the invicible season he was so important, when Scotty played superbly it was because imho, Armstrong linked well with KT and Scotty, giving Scotty more options and space to go imto because Armstrong was also a threat, the passing and movement was great between SA, KT and SS, Also Armstrongs ability to find the net and space in that invicible season was important. So when McGregor plays well finding the space between forwards and midfield we play better. Maybe not the same type of link up play with Scotty. We dont seem to be filing that area of the park as much. So we end up going side to side and our wingers dont come in and fill that area so much. imho its isolating our forwards. Rogic plays in that area and when he plays well so does Celtic. This is an area that needs looked at closely in January We are also lacking intensity not just in our build up play but also when we dont have the ball. Invicible season we would close down teams high up the park and be able to pressure teams to lose the ball quicker and now we arent doing that so much in our games. The weaknesses in our defence, RB and when Hendry plays. FFS cant believe we are still talking about these 2 positions. This is problems that BR needs to resolve quickly amd players to start finding those pockets of space and be more intense in our buold up plày and closing down as a team. I want to start to see more of this happening and its upto BR to fix that and quickly.

I am away to work now. My team have made today a bit more rubbish than it would have been anyway by their performance. Some thoughts as the dust settled.
We are not clicking after the summer transfer mis management fiasco . This allowed the narrative to be about crisis. The press who are not our friends have pushed this agenda and we are questioning our team as a result for their woeful start. Some points need to be addressed however:
1 To see the lightweights unable to fight for a ball, sorry men it is Sinclair Christie and Johnson battling in our league but appearing to shirk out of tackles is embarrassing . We are not cloggers but we cannot win if these guys play and get bounced off the ball too easy.
To add insult macggregor comes on as one of the substitutes and he has been the same all season. How can we compete when we are not competitive ?
2 Poor jh. Some people are just unlucky. I feel he is probably not going to make it now after another poor showing.
3 We have played the form teams and have been playing mid week since br arrived just about.
4 The fans watched many of these not turning up days last year and are anxious that this is not the same again.
5 perhaps most importantly the set up with scouting management and board just does not appear to be working . This perhaps most of all is at the current centre of the confidence crisis.
Nothing has been won yet. We have lost the prestige of the champions league but we are still in Europe. The next game is a challenge . If we can get through in the cup it buys some time. If we do not it is mote crisis express. All aboard anyone. Me I am off to get a slagging at work. Hh.

Anton, I don't think that anyone knows what is going on at the m

Agree 100% which is a good and bad thing.

It's bad cause it means people like us are depressed over the whole situation and our imaginations run riot. As for the press, they'll spin any problem as they always have.

It's good due to the fact that the disarray has returned in-house and a degree of trust has been restored between Brendan and the board.

Is it retrievable should be our main worry, I believe.

Our team is bored with itself. Brendan looks unhappy. A major boost is needed on the field of play and somehow, no matter how difficult, Brendan is going to have to pull himself out of his low mood. That is so much easier to say than do!

I don't believe that they are either Optimus but understand why people still sing them . My objection is to them being labelled sectarian by ignorant , Ill educated cretins.

JH, ill-educated cretins exist on both sides of the divide.

Stated it before, and shall continue to - you may be stating a fact in relation to sectarian, or not being sectarian, as the case may be.

The reality of the situation is that they are perceived by many as being so.

Again, if you can't go to a Celtic game without singing about the IRA then you've got a serious problem.

We talk about being open to all, inclusive and have a self-righteous approach to ourselves.

Songs about the IRA make us despised. There are people who know nothing about football who associate us with the IRA. Singing about the IRA offends people hurt,or still hurting, by them in recent troubles. It's okay for us to be hypocritical?

They offend me personally as I find it embarrassing.

You don't have to agree, just give me space to give my point of view.

Honestly?
I think everyone knows what's going on ffs
To misquote Marcellus "Something is rotten in the state of Parkhead". I can only guess that there is a strategy behind the current "business" because it is not business as usual. Our squad does not appear to be mentally up for a fight to win the league. Is Brendan playing the long game? I have no idea........but I am sure that our run of piss-poor form is a reflection of our "summer of discontent".
I am 52 years old.....and if we throw away this chance to get 8 or 9 or 10 in a row then I may not be around to see that feat achieved in the future......so I am heavily invested in this attempt!
On paper, we still have the strongest squad. Had Filip Benković not been injured pre-game, we probably would not be in our current Monday funk. Brendan did not engineer a loss to Kilmarnock, but it is clear that our only hope of success is to have all of our first picks (first choice players in each position) fit and in the mental state to play. I cannot fathom why the mental and physical conditions of our players are in such a poor state.

To misquote Marcellus "Something is rotten in the state of Parkhead". I can only guess that there is a strategy behind the current "business" because it is not business as usual. Our squad does not appear to be mentally up for a fight to win the league. Is Brendan playing the long game? I have no idea........but I am sure that our run of piss-poor form is a reflection of our "summer of discontent".
I am 52 years old.....and if we throw away this chance to get 8 or 9 or 10 in a row then I may not be around to see that feat achieved in the future......so I am heavily invested in this attempt!
On paper, we still have the strongest squad. Had Filip Benković not been injured pre-game, we probably would not be in our current Monday funk. Brendan did not engineer a loss to Kilmarnock, but it is clear that our only hope of success is to have all of our first picks (first choice players in each position) fit and in the mental state to play. I cannot fathom why the mental and physical conditions of our players are in such a poor state.

Benkovic sums up the current situation. How many of us actually believe he was injured?

To me, it looks as though he wasn't up for a game on that pitch and bottled it.

Again, may well be wide of the mark but that is why we, as a support, are speculating on every scenario at present.

Maybe Leicester said he wasn't to be risked on that shocker of a pitch
Personally i don't think it was a case of him deciding nope I ain't playing on that.
Either injury was real or to high a risk

I'm very confident like you.
But I honestly think BR is for the of,just my opinion so don't go tonto on me?
But my gut feeling is we will struggle this season, unless firstly he starts right away by getting rid of the system he has adapted,as the supporters are getting fed up with this boring football,also he needs to get the defence sorted out,not a settled defence at the moment,I don't know what's happening to young Ralston,not a bad defender,and in the January transfer window at least 4new players,the ones Brendan won't,but to be honest the next few games will be a big test for Brendan Rodgers,if God forbid we lose them ,well I'm afraid his time is up at Celtic,and hopefully Lawell and Desmond resign to?

Benkovic sums up the current situation. How many of us actually believe he was injured?

To me, it looks as though he wasn't up for a game on that pitch and bottled it.

Again, may well be wide of the mark but that is why we, as a support, are speculating on every scenario at present.

Anton, I believe you may be on to something regarding Filip Benković. I do not wish to blame our form on a shit plastic pitch.....but is it fit for the top league in the land?

Members online

Latest posts

Back