Kilmarnock v Celtic - Comments

IRA songs are not Sectarian. Songs about Catholics or Protestants are sectarian. Religion has to be there for it to be sectarian. Never ever heard a song from Celtic supporters mentioning Protestants. There is only one sectarian team in Glasgow. There is a massive difference between Political songs and sectarian ones.
Hail Hail fae PRD

So your saying Ira a songs are acceptable to sing at football matches? Celtic and other clubs have been warned about these songs countless times yet the gb can't help themselves. Sick of hearing them week in week out.

So your saying Ira a songs are acceptable to sing at football matches? Celtic and other clubs have been warned about these songs countless times yet the gb can't help themselves. Sick of hearing them week in week out.
I get what your saying mate but I'm not sure you can say they are sectarian.

I never said that. I pointed out the difference between sectarian and political. By definition sectarian has to be about religion.
Hail Hail fae PRD

And the only reason we are told not to sing certain songs is because we have to be lumped in with them...the authorities can't tell the scum off without including us. And the authorities certainly can't force fans to separate politics from football. Especially in Scotland where anti-irish and anti-catholic hate crime is rife

So the green brigade are non sectarian? Why then do they continue to embarrass the club with the full I.r.a songbook? Not to mention the bloody flares.
They might bring an atmosphere but need to remember they are not bigger than the club or other supporters

I agree. Did you notice Sky turning the volume down to draw even more attention to it? It does embarrass the club. I know a lot of fans don’t see it as a problem, but I do. It is used to balance out hate from Sevco. It also tells you we are playing shite. As the fans who sing them forget about getting behind the team to get behind the men behind the wire.

Wrong way round lads.

Sing fucking Celtic songs, shut up the press, and stop embarrassing the club. If you are politically motivated, great, match. I see republican marches numbering at most 200. Go to them and show your solidarity with the cause. Go face down the loyalists who turn out to counter then I may have more respect for your strongly held support.

The Irish national team fans don’t sing them. Why do we when we know our enemies crucify us for? Own goal.

I know how petty this is....has anyone noticed that the Ladbrokes ads on the breaks (who use level 5 to do PR) it's all sevco goals it shows before the Ladbrokes screen comes up. Does my head in!!!! Back to the game

Plastic pitches should be banned in top flight football. We're being hampered by it. Although in saying that, we've been poor since the start of the season.
Mind boggling that the same team who dominated for the last two years can suddenly be so poor

decent end to the half after a poor start. So many changes has ensured a slow start. I expect more of the same as we are now in front

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back