Kilmarnock v Celtic, Sunday 14th August at 12 noon

Gary67

Ange said at pre match press conference that Hatate won’t be risked on the plastic pitch and Welsh being assessed.
Another away game where we tend to make it hard work for ourselves. No doubt the pitch will be narrowed and not watered to make it a horrible game to watch. Add the empty en that Killie have decided not to sell tickets to Celtic fans and you can begin to see why Sky are offering a pittance of a TV deal. A spectacle it won’t be, barely watchable to the neutral more likely.

Ange will probably go same 11 again but I wouldn’t mind seeing Ralston and Abada in for Juranovic and Maeda. The latter to give us more height and physicality to cope with their aerial bombardment, they’ll play for set pieces, and Abada deserves a start after scoring last week.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another 3-1 win

2-1 for me though it truly wouldn’t surprise me if we dropped 2 points in this one, it used to be big wins for us in the grass growing days in Killie, but since the plastic it’s become a right pain in the ass, other teams seem to be able to swan down there and come away wi a win nae bother, but then I suppose other teams aren’t facing a 10 man back line either, the usual McInnes fare when we play his teams.
I’d be delighted with a win at a very difficult venue for us, deffo a game we would benefit greatly for an early goal to make the buggers open up.

Ange said at pre match press conference that Hatate won’t be risked on the plastic pitch and Welsh being assessed.
Another away game where we tend to make it hard work for ourselves. No doubt the pitch will be narrowed and not watered to make it a horrible game to watch. Add the empty en that Killie have decided not to sell tickets to Celtic fans and you can begin to see why Sky are offering a pittance of a TV deal. A spectacle it won’t be, barely watchable to the neutral more likely.

Ange will probably go same 11 again but I wouldn’t mind seeing Ralston and Abada in for Juranovic and Maeda. The latter to give us more height and physicality to cope with their aerial bombardment, they’ll play for set pieces, and Abada deserves a start after scoring last week.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another 3-1 win
If he rests JJ for Tony the rumour mill will be at defcon 5.😱😱😱.

But Tony I think would be a better bet against Kilmasonic due to the high flying tackles.

And on the Ayrshire carpet I wouldn't bother with Kyogo or Maeda to be honest, but what the fek do 👀 know.

Anyhoo I will give my guesstimate ra morra.

But Tony I think would be a better bet against Kilmasonic due to the high flying tackles.

And on the Ayrshire carpet I wouldn't bother with Kyogo or Maeda to be honest, but what the fek do 👀 know.

Kyogo is an interesting one on that surface. Giakoumakis played on plastic for VVV Venlo in his 30 goal season so is obviously comfortable on that surface. The caveat to that is VVV probably watered their artificial pitch and it was in a 'playable' condition.

50 shades of 0 usually Captain Fantastic
But I do agree save Kyogo for the last 20/25 minutes.
Your great captainess

HH 😂

Can actually see Ange making a few changes for this game imo.
Think Ralston, GG and Forrest could well start on Sunday.
Ralston gets better delivery into the area than JJ imo, and a better target to hit could be more profitable for us.
Forrest played his best game last season at Livi so maybe this surface could be to his liking and well used to playing upon it also.
The big improvement upon last season already is imo, that we are far better equipped for going for the full 90 minutes now as too many times last season we seemed to run out of ideas after 60/70 mark and real character shown got us through some of these horrible games as such.
Will leave our speed merchants to exploit a tiring defence later in the game if that call is required still.
Hope turnbull shows up if starting this week as never really got into the game as such last week and hopefully that will improve by starting Jota on the left hand side.
CELTIC 3-0 win
HH

My only concern is the effect of the 'Astro Abomination' on teams that want to play football. It is another shocking indictment of the SPFL, that they allow this type of mediocrity in a premier division league. What is premier about it? Nothing. It is the cheap skate option and a complete danger and embarrassment. But that is nothing new to Scottish football.

My only concern is the effect of the 'Astro Abomination' on teams that want to play football. It is another shocking indictment of the SPFL, that they allow this type of mediocrity in a premier division league. What is premier about it? Nothing. It is the cheap skate option and a complete danger and embarrassment. But that is nothing new to Scottish football.
And the media will be sniggering when Killie refuse to water the pitch before each half as you have to before playing on that shitey plastic carpet. Yes, and wonder why we cannot sell our league properly when underhand shenanigans are allowed to continue. Killie & Livi (& Hamilton too) pull this stunt every time Celtic and sevco visit their grounds and it should be clamped down on by the authorities.

Back