Kilmarnock v Celtic, Sunday 14th August at 12 noon

I saw 3 of the goals inbetween the stop start on hesgoals as the firestick wouldn't update not enough space left great result did see Lafferty handball and then drop like a sack of spuds looking for a pen but ref gave the free kick co for the handball. Big question is when VAR is rolled out will the job across the city still get away with the offside goals and will we get a few more decisions in the box

Yes mate I agree with what you say but let’s remember it’s easier to dominate against shite and that’s what they were. If we had been playing say Bayern today do you think we would have been all over them like that? Nope...because they have talented players.
I actually thought we played a bit within ourselves at times and could have stepped up a gear if need be...which it wasn’t thanks to the quality of the opposition.
I realize you can only beat what’s put in front of you but let’s be realistic as to what that was....a Bayern or Barca it was not.
For that reason BB, I was so pleased with our play without the football in the wider areas and both full backs on there game today, especially Taylor who was outstanding all game.
Admittedly there were times during the 1st half that our use of the ball could have been better, and maybe needs to be so against better European opposition, but totally different circumstances when those games come around with the pitch being the biggest factor, but certainly upon the right tracks at present and hopefully increases with many teams hoping to avoid ourselves in the CL draw imo.

Last edited:
I saw 3 of the goals inbetween the stop start on hesgoals as the firestick wouldn't update not enough space left great result did see Lafferty handball and then drop like a sack of spuds looking for a pen but ref gave the free kick co for the handball. Big question is when VAR is rolled out will the job across the city still get away with the offside goals and will we get a few more decisions in the box

Yes and no...

Ref booked maeda and Calmac for nothing. The same fouls were committed on Juranovic in the 1st half. Jota, several times throughout the match, Taylor, several times throughout the match with no yellow produced. He watches Lafferty look at Taylor then elbow him straight in the face and only booked him. Forrest got a high stud in the thigh. No booking. Lafferty fouled turnbull then turned round and kicked the ball at his head. Killie foul. Kyogo was through on goal, admittedly he miscontrolled, but still got in front of the killie player before being pulled down. No foul. Kyogo seemed to be brought down in the 1st half, which looked like a pen but I can't be sure because sky, or the commentary team refused to show it or talk about it. The ref wasn't as bad as the usual suspects but he'll get there. Our dominant display allowed him to go relatively unnoticed but he was shocking.

Ref booked maeda and Calmac for nothing. The same fouls were committed on Juranovic in the 1st half. Jota, several times throughout the match, Taylor, several times throughout the match with no yellow produced. He watches Lafferty look at Taylor then elbow him straight in the face and only booked him. Forrest got a high stud in the thigh. No booking. Lafferty fouled turnbull then turned round and kicked the ball at his head. Killie foul. Kyogo was through on goal, admittedly he miscontrolled, but still got in front of the killie player before being pulled down. No foul. Kyogo seemed to be brought down in the 1st half, which looked like a pen but I can't be sure because sky, or the commentary team refused to show it or talk about it. The ref wasn't as bad as the usual suspects but he'll get there. Our dominant display allowed him to go relatively unnoticed but he was shocking.
Other than that are you quite happy Lubs?

Another Angetastic display(most of the time). The Big Green Goal Machine is gettin into its stride.
Only one question in my book........from what distance will Jota score from next week ????

Great result by a Great Squad ,the attempts to stop Celtic at all cost was a disgrace Laffase should have been sent off no question the waffle that was supposed to be a commentary was along with the village idoit sounded like a case for the defence if the game had a decent ref at least two if not three would have been sent off,the first 3 games have been a mirror image of each opposition the same tactics used by all 3 teams trip push shove all this shows is there failure both as a player and a team bad management or bad player?Mcinis says it was not the brilliance of Celtic but the flops in his team somebody should tell him it was his tactic and players what an excuse to try and put down Celtics win that is real sad for any manager to say if you can’t take it you can you know the rest

Last edited:

Thought we were amazing today. Taylor was quality again. Killie couldn't get near us. Even Power couldn't get his usual leg breaker in, eventually being subbed as he brings nothing else to these matches. In matches like this, we do nullify the ref in a way. But the bookings for Maeda and Calmac were a joke. We are lucky that the players weren't in a situation where they picked up a second yellow. Wanker walker mentioned consistency when Calmac was booked. Ignoring 3 of the exact same challenges on celtic players around the killie box about 5 minutes before that went unpunished.

Actually thought the mib done very well today especially with it being his 1st game as such, and handled the kille intimidation tactics early on with getting the yellow cards out quickly enough imo.
Glad to see a mib for once not wanting to take centre stage as so many usually do with ridiculous decisions.
No complaints about the mib proformance today, from myself anyway and a welcome change imo
You know then that if that was his 1st game then its probably his last as well 😂

ko

Yip that's about bang on as to how I saw it, imatim is right in that he did try to keep the game flowing but too many challenges unpunished is why I wasnt overly impressed with his performance.

Back