Kilmarnock v Celtic, Viaplay Cup, Sunday 20th August 3pm

Live on Viaplay One.
Hope to see Holm and Yang start. Would like to see BR maybe try something different (three at the back?). Lagerbielke debut?

Hart
Welsh Nawrocki Lagerbielke
Holm McGregor
Yang O'Riley Turnbull Maeda
Kyogo
Subs Bain Ralston Taylor Iwata Kwon Abada Forrest Haksabanovic Vata

More likely the usual 4-2-3-1.
With Welsh in a moon boot not looking likely he will play.

Hart
Ralston Lagerbielke Nawrocki Taylor
McGregor Holm
Yang O'Riley Maeda
Kyogo

Scales probably gets a place on the bench with 2 of our CHs out

Still be a hard fought 3-1 win

Hart
McGregor Holm
Yang O'Riley Maeda
Kyogo

Centre half is the new injury jinx position it would seem.
Don't expect to see CCV for 2 to 3 weeks to be honest.
Will be difficult with a brand new duo in there with Welsh out also as it stands ....all about finding a way to get results in the meantime given Hatate and Johnston still missing for the same time period I suspect.
A few setbacks that require some serious focus from the squad to overcome. An early doors challenge that we can hopefully get through until we get up to full strength.

Centre half is the new injury jinx position it would seem.
Don't expect to see CCV for 2 to 3 weeks to be honest.
Will be difficult with a brand new duo in there with Welsh out also as it stands ....all about finding a way to get results in the meantime given Hatate and Johnston still missing for the same time period I suspect.
A few setbacks that require some serious focus from the squad to overcome.
I read that Carter-Vickers & Hatate are expected to be out until mid-September, so missing the New Glasgow Derby on the 3rd September.

I read that Carter-Vickers & Hatate are expected to be out until mid-September, so missing the New Glasgow Derby on the 3rd September.
Can't remember the last time we actually went in against them at Ipox without having seriously key players out.
It's very frustrating when you know it has a massive impact.
Looks like this will be similar......if we can get a result it would be massive.
At this stage with the uncertainty of signings and injuries along with the change in our play adaptation we are a bit exposed.
But of course it's one game at a time ...so Sunday is first up.

Hart
McGregor Holm
Yang O'Riley Maeda
Kyogo

Expecting a tough game and hope we don't lose anyone else on this surface.
Good shout on scales a tester for Yang and Holm not sure what experience on fake AstroTurf they have though I'd expect Holm to have it.

Yang looks like a good acquisition so far and I'm hoping he could turn out to be exceptional for us, the way he's taking to Celtic has similarities to Maeda just improving all the time.
Some good moments aside from Holm I'm still waiting for him to show us why we've paid the money hopefully he'll do that here, not the best introduction to Celtic for Lagerbielke but again coming from Scandinavian football it should be the norm for him.

Expecting killie to have a go like they did against sevco, some high and drilled balls trying to bypass our MF, tackles flying in unpunished a big game , huge game really for everyone not of a Celtic persuasion but for us business as usual and I'm hoping that killie will concede 3 to us just like everybody else really.

Hope mcinnes overthinks things like he often does , I wouldn't be surprised to see killie change tact and defend for an hour, then attack in dying minutes though by then hopefully we'll be done and dusted 3 to the good, defense still getting used to each other Lagerbielke an unknown quantity though looks very astute in the timing of his tackles from what I've seen in his'best bits'.

Rodgers biggest game so far bar every other ' must win game' and it is, expecting SMSM fervour if killie get a goal Maeda and Yang to have a huge say 1-3 Celtic mon the hoops HH 🍀

Last edited:
there will be very little football from Killie tomorrow they will Be sent to score if they can but stop Celtic wound up by thier manager who is still moaning about thier last game against us, Celtic face this type of game every week but have the skills and speed to beat it 3/4 nil I hope the main concern as others have said is the injury’s caused by thier horrendous tackles Celtic players new and old are beginning to bind and as the season goes on will only get better

Last edited:
there will be very little football from Killie tomorrow they will Be sent to score if they can but stop Celtic wound up by thier manager who is still moaning about thier last game against us, Celtic face this type of game every week but have the skills and speed to beat it 3/4 nil I hope the main concern as others have said is the injury’s caused by thier horrendous tackles Celtic players new and old are beginning to bind and as the season goes on will only get better
I wonder why none of the media asked McInnes about the legitimate goal Hatate scored in that match that was incorrectly disallowed? It is almost like they are blinkered with hatred as much as Delboy is.

Back