Kris Ajer

if we are getting 5 million for those 3 and id imagine 30k wages

I doubt we can reinvest that with 3 players of better quality

Now I agree getting rid of players who arent 100 percent committed is right

but just letting 3 very good players leave for pittance then expecting some kind of better investment is not gonna be easy

All 3 have good standard in europe albeit poorly managed in last couple of years

In this bizarre market unless we can buy better and recoup our costs at least i cant see how you find better players more committed with at least same level of experiuence for 5 million and maybe 30k per week

investment doesnt include throwing money down the pan.

Christie alone would cost approx 5 million
And both ntcham and boli for all their lack of commitment are probably of same standard of import we already cant really afford

Why would next set of investment be more committed after 3 months in freezing scotland playing against weak teams in cold stadiums with no fans

not such an easy task to invest in better players without same risks we have with these 3

And as much as i am into buying scottish ready players i dont think many players in scotland are much better than these 3 dudes

you cant reinvest buttons and get quality and unless we get a massive uplift in income we are already struggling to stay level with our wage bill that our players dont rate.

We need to fix wage budget imo and if that means playing scottish talent then so be it imo

but im no sure it would be an upgrade in those 3

And tbh i thought frimpong was garbage so if he is worth 10M i doubt we can get foreign players in of high enough quality to outgrade those 3 talent

still they do need to go

but imo

if its not at acceptable bids we should just let them rot in reserves until their ciontracts run done to deter further taking piss from their agents

their careers will stall without first team football and if they want play funny buggers then do it in the 3rd team
Christie has 6 months left on his contract, he can sign a pre contract now with a club to join in January, if we get over £1m we'll be doing well.
Ntcham, last year of his contract, done nothing last season with us, was a disaster at Marseilles, lucky if we get £2m for him.
Bolingoli, by virtue of having 2 years left on his contract will probably get us most money in a transfer fee. He's crap but would still maybe get a couple of million.
Ntcham and Bolingoli weren't there last season so we're not looking for a replacement as such, maybe spend the money elsewhere. Replacing the Christie of last season won't be difficult, in fact a fit Tom Rogic is a better player.
We don't have a reserve team never mind a 3rd team, so if we don't get them out they will be hanging about the first team squad

Christie has 6 months left on his contract, he can sign a pre contract now with a club to join in January, if we get over £1m we'll be doing well.
Ntcham, last year of his contract, done nothing last season with us, was a disaster at Marseilles, lucky if we get £2m for him.
Bolingoli, by virtue of having 2 years left on his contract will probably get us most money in a transfer fee. He's crap but would still maybe get a couple of million.
Ntcham and Bolingoli weren't there last season so we're not looking for a replacement as such, maybe spend the money elsewhere. Replacing the Christie of last season won't be difficult, in fact a fit Tom Rogic is a better player.
We don't have a reserve team never mind a 3rd team, so if we don't get them out they will be hanging about the first team squad
Was under the impression that they couldn't sign a pre contract until January Gary.
Regardless, I haven't seen anything to surgest that they will fit into the type of football Ange would like to play and all seem to give off the impression that they like to think that they are far better than they really are.
I wouldn't miss any of the 3 at all and about 5M for the 3 could be about the most we could get in for them imo.
Monty for boli
Shaw for ntcham
Turnbull for Christie
Shows me they have already been replaced with others coming through to fulfil their roles in a squad in a much better manner than them 3 of late.
Get rid won't be missed

What really is the difference between a 2 million player and say a 7 million player? Obviously 5 million but are they really that much better??
I think if when you get into silly money then a real difference in quality can be determined...even then, a player can have an amazing, lucky year in a certain league and then his value sky rockets....bang average players like Charlie Adam and Alan Hutton prime examples....also yer man Fraser who plays in England...worth a fortune yet half the player of Forrest

the exact same scenario was with mcginn but our fans wanted to hand over much more than 1 million

if he wants to go let him but cant reinvest zero in

ntcham as well i agree your lucky if you get much for him from his tantrums and self motivation but again he is very good player when motivated and i doubt we can afford a similar type player with the inflation in the epl markets tripling wages every 2 years for very good players

and you cant invest in a better player without big wages to motivate and without epl type tv deals you cant pay epl comparable wages which means you need to sign guys who dont care much for money and are motivated in scotland

And thats the problem with epl wage inflation

you cant motivate most players to playt in scotland unless your gonna give him lots of games and if he plays well epl teams can quadruple his wages and poof you have the same prima donna tantrums

boli is a good player at every club he played at except us, i suspect its coz he isnt same grade as tierney and his instructions were shit like every wb we had under lennon

i doubt very much there is much better than him on his current wage and certainly much harder to attract a better player than him without massive out of cash

and bringiong high priced players to scotland rarely adds to their value since only sky leagues can afford to pay him much more

We dont have a money tree

investment requires buying players who fit clubs wage limits and budgets and thats why its so hard to find players willing to come to scotland

they assume big british club therefore pay big british club wages or ill happily stay in my prefered country until i can get big british club wages to travel to your country

its no longer a case that we can attract epl level players and if they arent epl levels players they arent gonna be better than those 3

plenty players will come but will they be high grade without epl wages

and if you pay higher wages and they flopp you will go burst quickly

game is screwed here

better to stick to scottish players imo

but sadly that is possibly a step back in qual;ity but mercenary quality comes at a cost if inflation at higher levels for wages grows faster than your income

And thats why sky tv is killing game everywhere outside their network with arbitrary payments to clubs smaller than our but with mega inflow of 100m+ every season just from sky

if they want leave let em but on clubs terms or 3rd division imo

What really is the difference between a 2 million player and say a 7 million player? Obviously 5 million but are they really that much better??
I think if when you get into silly money then a real difference in quality can be determined...even then, a player can have an amazing, lucky year in a certain league and then his value sky rockets....bang average players like Charlie Adam and Alan Hutton prime examples....also yer man Fraser who plays in England...worth a fortune yet half the player of Forrest
solid finances and high income dictate price levels and demand for the player

so with monopoly money available to certain clubs from tv they destroy the market for everyclub outside it

most often value of player is related to his clubs ability to retain him if they want

and monopoly money means you need lots of it to get even a small increase in quality or a manager who can create value from his cheap players who arent wanted buy monopoly clubs

Alot depends Docco on what clubs they are representing. Playing in a successful team with good players around you will increase your own profile as a player, the same way as your value can deflate big time if you don't impress with the big club, more so in Scotland than anywhere else.

so with monopoly money available to certain clubs from tv they destroy the market for everyclub outside it

most often value of player is related to his clubs ability to retain him if they want

and monopoly money means you need lots of it to get even a small increase in quality or a manager who can create value from his cheap players who arent wanted buy monopoly clubs

I get all that and thanks for the response but 1 million or 3 million?? No difference in standard of player there imo

Not as straightforward TET as your claiming with sky TV money.
Clubs are also often having to pay totally over the odds to get players in with the money available and to be of a quality to be able to hold down a 1st team place or its looked upon as a waste of money.
Many of these EPL clubs have a rotten record of being able to bring through youngsters to actually make the grade required, so all in all many clubs face a mountain of wasted money.
Survival in the EPL is the main agenda for most clubs within it and the money factor only really puts things on a far higher scale than most other leagues.
For many of a footballer they would only class there career a success if they were to play in the bigger leagues but it also comes at a price.
I still think our league offers a great pathway for a potential player to show his true worth and if that leads to loading there own pockets without any medals to show then so be it.
What we can do in Scotland is not much different to what man City can do in the EPL with just the sums involved on a different scale, but it still don't guarantee you success

I get all that and thanks for the response but 1 million or 3 million?? No difference in standard of player there imo
i agree that in terms of relative ability it would mostly be negligible

it all depends on the ability of scouting and management of the player in your system

Some players make certain other players much better and often cost little

like paul lambert

his sacrificial style allowed others to real;ly excel

without the lambert working hard selflessly the team is much weaker than with him on pitch

his actual ability in reality is hidden and often people think he aint worth much but really despite not being worth much in most eyes his value on pitch is enormous for team

So buying guys who can add to team strength can cost less if he bought for his team skills rather than his individual flair

even in scotland there will be top players who dont catch the eye cuse their talent is catalyst rather than obvious

we lack those players imo

too much individual flair and utilised badly with poor tactical instructions

now if every player in scotland was fully mature professional with bags of talent you might not need to be specific about gameplan but if you have immature players they need proper directions from a good manager or they will reverty to team destructive norms

best players dont need instructed too much for their role

they already mature

just need guidance in little doses

but if you have egomaniacs who arent aware and you expect them to just do a role youll be left with ego maniac doing what ego maniacs love doing

but if your specific and a good manager you can work with immature players and make them mature

but thats not what celtic have been used to over years

they usually could afford top quality matured first team players without too much hassle

thats gone while sky defraud our club

so we need a manager who can take less than mature and nurture it with management

lenny expected immature players with ego problems to just be mature coz he said be mature

poor management

he lost his marbles imo

ange looks like he knows how to mature a team imo

but will he be able to do it fast enough for the boo boys?

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
#BrentfordFC are close to signing #Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer for around £13.5m (€16m), in what will be a record deal for the Premier League club. Fee and structure of payments agreed

Decent price given he only has a year left on his contract, providing we have a good sell on-clause in deal.
Will suit how Brentford play so can see him doing well and moving onto bigger and better club down south

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
#BrentfordFC are close to signing #Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer for around £13.5m (€16m), in what will be a record deal for the Premier League club. Fee and structure of payments agreed

Decent price given he only has a year left on his contract, providing we have a good sell on-clause in deal.
Will suit how Brentford play so can see him doing well and moving onto bigger and better club down south

Pretty sure he only has 6 months left?... Even better

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph

Rather than just these sell on clauses, I'd prefer clauses which are more related to their performances at their new club. So that if they are a success there then we get a bonus as well. One of our players may join another team for a relatively bargain price and we have been clever enough to include a sell-on clause. But if they then spend the rest of his career there then we wouldn't get another penny.

However, in this instance, say Brentford stay in the EPL next season then we get an extra £1m. Say Ajer is a success and makes 50 appearances and then 100 appearances then write it in so that we get another bonus (if they are forwards then maybe include a clause about goals and assists).

Pretty sure he only has 6 months left?... Even better
Get him tae fuck big fuckin Nancy boy wee play oan grass no ice oan his arse most of the time or posted missing fanny hate cunt like that dik, was out this afternoon seen three guys digging a fucking hole aye bet you there fuckin happy way there terms and conditions 8 hours a that every fuckin day for 700 quid , ajer is another cunt who thinks he’s fuckin pele GTF

Members online

No members online now.

Back