Lennon manager

yes we are all down at the minute but i might be wrong but i have a sneaking suspicion that its john kennedy thats picking the team just now

Me too. Its jk giving the subs info before they take to the pitch too.

But seriously what was our game plan today?

Why was it not adapted in real time?

Wtf is going on that a manager doesnt seem to aggrieved at the loss?

Not fkn good enough. Nowhere near it.

Michael and tet the answer to the manager questions is no and Michael do you remember when liam brady lou mcari jo venglos and way before that it was Brutal

Don't know about you Michael next Sunday and the following Saturday I'll be Celebrating with the millions of other Celtic supporter's Drinking Treble Treble's HH

Not good enough today. But I still rate Lennon as the man to take club to 10.

1 These are Rodgers players
2 Even Rodgers was shit this season at motivating creative openings
3 Lennon has been better with Rodgers players, in fact he done better with the players Rdogers wouldn't even play.
4 Need clergies out of over paid players who can't pass the ball straight over 30 yards.
5 It was at Ibrox with massive crowd and a bent ref (still played utter tripe but we don't have a proper centre forward)
6 Emotions are strained to be making vital decisions.
7 The finances are good but the operation costs are in high risk with too many hangers on.
8 I personally trust Lennon more than any of the other names to get good value for money.
9 If the board can afford Moourinho or someone of that status, and also to warchest him then fir enough. But I don't see that being realistic. Our fringe/youth players who are best hope are still not good enough to challenge first team properly. So looks like we needs 4 or 5 new first team players of real quality and some squad players of better value than we currently have. If the fringe players can't get up for big match at Ibrox then the first team have no real pressure for first team. which isn't good.

All in all I trust Lennon to bring in players who can create goals in Scotland, I trust him to bring through real value added players. And these are the things Rodgers can't do. Rodgers is good with the very best players in world, but we can't afford those players and RODGERS could take the good players Ronny bought and made them better, but he can't find these players. Hence reason he probably wanted off cause he was not adding value to team with value off field.

It was Rodgers and his antics that have put club in this weak position. It was rodgers who gave them contacts and it was rodgers who failed to find better players especially to replace Dembele. But also couldnt spot any value in defence.

Lennon has done a great job with players he had little chance to work with.

he will create the best team that we can afford.

Today was not good enough. But these issues were present all season.

I still haven't heard anyone address the bottle neck in the operation costs
I hear lots of get new dude in.
But I still haven't heard anyone who can do the job required with the budget that it must be done with.

Ajax took many years building their team
The had better youth to start with for one.
They also apply in a more attractive league. so attract better value players.
They also play continental style football which is suited to continental type managers.
I still haven't heard any manger names who could do a job in Scotland immediately with no time to bed players into squad.
I still hear the "we should eb miles ahead of them"

The difference Between a player on 5K and 40K is minimal, if you don't know what your doing in that market you can need up with lots of 5k per week players on 40K per week. And that's what rdogers gives you. Unless you have unlimited funds and can afford the very veery best, the market rodgers and his ilk know this market best. These guys are not suited to the market for 5k players who really should be 40 k players.

If you get it wrong way round, like we have with quite few players this season, your op costs get drained and you need to sell to make room for the guys who can do the job better.

And for me that's what Lennon excels at. The lower market undervalued players who are really worth lot more.

Rodgers is opposite he can't tell difference between Compper and VVD and thus you get dross when he buys from the lower markets.

Anyway

If the board have 200 million and funds to expand the operation costs into very dangerous ground then bring it on. It seems no paying your tax and spending money you don't own is the way of football. But it will bring sudden death with one false move or a change in the hyperinfalted markets.

lennon is realistic hope for sustainable championships

Rodgers would have ruined the club if he was allowed another season of destroying value all over the club.

I am a lennon man. even when he played the worst football I ever watched at Ibrox ever.
But is it really cos he's Celtic minded though :)
Great reasoning TET wish i could have put it like that!

If we all had Tets rational intellect logical reasoning plus the number cruncher and religious divinely the world would be a better place but in simple simple terms he's a brainy fucker that's a timaloy no better reasons if you ask me ?

You said it was sentiment over logic not me Andy. I was just giving the converse to the argument. Don't assume I support Lennon for 'Celtic minded' reasons alone either or assume that others do just because it's part of their argument. Doesn't mean it's all of it. Certainly not for all of us.

'Whether it's about signing players or appointing managers this 'aye but he's a good Celtic man' thing does my fucking head in! It's sentiment over logic and it's an irrational nonsensical way to go about making important decisions.

Players and managers should be brought in because they have the ability to make us better NOT because they happen to be good Celtic men. If a player/manager can make us better AND they're big Celtic men then brilliant it's an added bonus but this notion that we should overlook their flaws or their lack of suitability because of it is one-eyed nonsense.'

I was just pointing out he had the other requirements in the bank such as 'the ability to make us better' not just the Celtic man thing. He has the logic and not just the sentiment. His backers are not just 'one eyed nonsense'

While you are on Strachan. Why not, good shout? As for did Lenny reach the last 16 on his own? No That's just silly. Did Stein win in Lisbon? did MON get to Seville on his own? No they managed the responsibility of us all.

My point is purely it's not just a Celtic minded appointment. He was second to BR last time and I see few better choices around. I think he has Scottish domestic and European experience banked.

To say his appointment is one eyed nonsense isn't fair on him or his backers

Hold on a wee second there Niall don't put words into my mouth......I didn't make ANY assumptions about your reasons for supporting Lenny as permanent boss but given you reply you seem to be assuming my comments were directed at you and all those who back Lenny for the job for some reason? So let's be clear here I didn't assume anything about your reasons for backing Lenny, I certainly didn't call Lenny's 'backers' one-eyed and I didn't say Lenny's appointment is one-eyed nonsense either.

What I DID say is the reasoning, and it gets trotted out a lot, of the 'aye but he's a good Celtic man' argument as one of the overriding reasons why Lenny should get the job is one-eyed nonsense and that that type of thinking is based on sentiment and not logic.

Yes it is silly giving all the credit to Lenny for the last 16 qualification and the Barca result, that was kinda my point, it was yourself that framed them as Lenny's achievements not me. Why not Strachan? Well again that's kinda my point, his achievements are similar to Lenny's yet nobody is clamouring for him to get the job.

You say Lenny has the ability to make us better but that's where I and others disagree, you're fully entitled to that opinion but equally I and others are fully entitled to disagree with it. If you're taking issue with the fact I don't think Lenny is the best man for the job then that's fine I have no problem with that but with respect I would appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth or apply YOUR own meaning to MY comments.

I have no desire to come on here and argue with fellow tims but I'm not going to sit idly by and allow my comments to be twisted out of context to suit the arguments/points of others. I'm happy to debate the pros and cons of Lenny as permanent boss with you mate but not on the basis that you get to apply your own meaning to what I say.

HH Niall (y)

like johnny hayes,good journeyman pro,but when johnny's our man of the match,imho, wtf,were the the instructions,tactics,game plan,wee mikey!!!!! Lustig injured last week,toljan!!!! aye feckin toljan grrrr!
This is what we are up against :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[B]James Tavernier[/B]‏Verified account @[B]James_Tavernier[/B]

So proud of all the lads
1f64c-1f3fd.png
Glasgow Is Blue

Wow second and no trophies or finals is enough for them , lets keep it this way.

But is it really cos he's Celtic minded though :)
Great reasoning TET wish i could have put it like that!
I think that's definitely a dimension to my reasoning. But I would like to think Lennons brings much more than just Celtic passion. But Celtic passion really helps. Anybody can say I always loved Celtic but some players and managers tell lies just for effect. Lennon has many flaws but I trust him as a Celtic man. Believe it or not first time round I thought he was not experienced enough, when many were right behind him. Now he has some interesting experience if not overly impressive, but he does have champion blood and champion mindset. And he will be gutted at todays result. But he had already done his job before today and although its never nice to lose to Sevco, it is best to lose to them when we are already champions that season.

Still today was gash. In fact he hasn't managed to play the fancy stuff I always hope celtic can play. But that's coz we have serious issues that need addressed in the final third this summer as well as the defence.

People also forget that sevco are hemouraging money everywhere and have burst their operating costs to smithereens. Celtic are champions, have problems but nothing like the crypt. Have money in bank and great credit ratings, lots of assets, and the new manager will have chance to really make an impact, within reason.

Sevco are relting on mystery loans from secret agendas and other people money just to keep the lights on before the new season kicks off. We can fix the issues. And despite the ABC of MSM and the Cult that is Scotland. I think we can get better with good manager who can clean the slack and tighten the barrel with some quality purchases.

Bad day but may be good day. last time they looked close to closing gap they buckled and we went invincible

HH

This is what we are up against :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[B]James Tavernier[/B]‏Verified account @[B]James_Tavernier[/B]

So proud of all the lads
1f64c-1f3fd.png
Glasgow Is Blue

Wow second and no trophies or finals is enough for them , lets keep it this way.
We'll see where the baloo is next week and the weeks after that,and put simply they never learn and keep on being deluded by winning nothing = the sum of hee haw nilch nante fuck all.
They should learn how to walk before they talk \ ? / 8 In a row 2 to go ?

Hold on a wee second there Niall don't put words into my mouth......I didn't make ANY assumptions about your reasons for supporting Lenny as permanent boss but given you reply you seem to be assuming my comments were directed at you and all those who back Lenny for the job for some reason? So let's be clear here I didn't assume anything about your reasons for backing Lenny, I certainly didn't call Lenny's 'backers' one-eyed and I didn't say Lenny's appointment is one-eyed nonsense either.

What I DID say is the reasoning, and it gets trotted out a lot, of the 'aye but he's a good Celtic man' argument as one of the overriding reasons why Lenny should get the job is one-eyed nonsense and that that type of thinking is based on sentiment and not logic.

Yes it is silly giving all the credit to Lenny for the last 16 qualification and the Barca result, that was kinda my point, it was yourself that framed them as Lenny's achievements not me. Why not Strachan? Well again that's kinda my point, his achievements are similar to Lenny's yet nobody is clamouring for him to get the job.

You say Lenny has the ability to make us better but that's where I and others disagree, you're fully entitled to that opinion but equally I and others are fully entitled to disagree with it. If you're taking issue with the fact I don't think Lenny is the best man for the job then that's fine I have no problem with that but with respect I would appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth or apply YOUR own meaning to MY comments.

I have no desire to come on here and argue with fellow tims but I'm not going to sit idly by and allow my comments to be twisted out of context to suit the arguments/points of others. I'm happy to debate the pros and cons of Lenny as permanent boss with you mate but not on the basis that you get to apply your own meaning to what I say.

HH Niall (y)
Alright Andy. That is how I interpreted it from your previous posts and perhaps it wasn't as you intended it. I read it as Celtic minded above all else basically and that isn't how I feel about Lennon getting the job, it's a stick used regularly towards the pro-Lennon argument when I feel he brings so much more than that. If I read it wrong and as such responded as such then sincere apologies from me.
I too have no truck with you or alternative opinions.
Hail Hail(y)

was a big advocate of Lenny gettin the gig,he knows the "scottish" game and what we're up against,gettin kicked off the park,officials,meeja,but watching him sittin slumped in the dug out,chewing gum,like a bulldog chewin a wasp,i thought yes Lenny, that's the way to inspire players,so sorry Lenny,not for me,who else,have'nt got a scooby,but gettin the vibe that things ai'nt too good at Celtic behind the scenes!

Hi Niall J . I get your point , who would I like to see as coach - but I am just a punter and have not got the background to say who would or would not fit the job . Nor do I know what sort of budget a new man would be offered - is it the same salary as BR , does he get £20-30 million to spend ? I just hope that the Board have been scouring the continent for an aspiring Pep or Klopp who would move to our wee midden .

But since you asked I will put my cards on the table - Stevie Clarke . Unfortunately I know that he has already dismissed the idea of e
I'd have no problem if it was Scottish success/knowledge like Lennon has or history of European last 16 like Lenny has, or beating Messi and his Barcelona pals like Lenny has, but if it's just Celtic minded on it's own do me a favour. Might as well give you or me the job.
Except Lennon isn't just Celtic minded. That would do him a disservice..Wouldn't it?
Niall,a lot of fans went against Lenny when he walked out on us when in Pole position.I would thank him for coming in after B R and hope there would be a position for him at the Club but not the manager

I want a manager in who WILL implement his own management and br accountable for what he does.

Not someone washing their hands of it and continuing in the prev managers management style. Ffs.

No time for passengers or figureheads.

Niall,a lot of fans went against Lenny when he walked out on us when in Pole position.I would thank him for coming in after B R and hope there would be a position for him at the Club but not the manager
Fair enough Saul. I get he walked out but my own take would be he did well to last so long given the circumstances he faced at the time. I'd hope he's back and in a better place to cope. More ready for the slings and arrows if you will. Time would tell and I don't know for sure I just feel he's better equipped than before

Back