Lennon manager

Mikey johnson is the best of our youth. So it was interesting to see what he could offer in the hardest place to win.

Burke heart isn't in it or else he really is garbage. Eddy and Rogic with calmat brown behind should have been dominant through middle. But were missing and not at the game. Not great considering they are my three first team middle.

but Johnston and burke offered nothing in attack defence of bite.

Personally, I think every rodgers signing wants out of dodge. The French connection doesn't suit us or them. They all appear to be unhappy even when they score or get game. Sinclair is just gash.

Hayes played well but not a defender.

Toljan is worse than Lustig and is still problem area. He actually looked terrified.

Bain is decent keeper but hardly inspiring number 1

If Bain is now number 1 we need a new keeper.

But the lack of proper power in front of goals is our worst look for yonks.

I really don't think foreign players from Europe, especially European countries with lots of warm weather can hack too long in Scotland. And I don't think they plan on long time here either. they really want sleep to hot climate better wage and really trying to get their name spotted by a club other than Celtic.

There are certain countries in Europe who have rotten weather and they seem to be more compatible long term.

I suspect the usual suspects who downed tooled at what they perceived as being held when decent offer was on table, is still unsettling squad. And I suspect all the amigos, including French and Belgian players would like out.

Just a hunch on my part.

And I doubt any of them would go to Leicester even if Rodgers wanted them.

They don't love Celtic and really they here as mercenaries in hope they get the big bucks.

When you have won a few medals in Scotland, unless you really love Celtic you won't be that interested in long stay if offers are on table. And if you have champions blood at Celtic there will be offers on the table, even if we think they are mad to exchange Scottish glory and Celtic fan love for cash elsewhere.

There is a reason why the most successful Scottish team all came from close to Glasgow. They all played for a team they loved more than money and even big money wouldn't make them leave their dream team. Sadly the Scottish football talent is not determined enough or in love with football enough to supply the demands of Scottish football.

We need new bunch of mercenaries to re-galvanise the squad. I genuinely think lennon is best option for us to do that. But today was pure gash.

So maybe im wrong?

You keep going on about BR but he isn't there and hasn't been there for ages now so it doesn't matter what he's done or hasn't done. Lenny had a decent team of players that seemed to have gone backwards and why oh why he put young MJ back into the cauldron where he failed so miserably last time should be questioned. He never looked like he was able to motivate the team or make them more tactically aware and to me it looks like he doesn't have the dressing-room.

You keep going on about BR but he isn't there and hasn't been there for ages now so it doesn't matter what he's done or hasn't done. Lenny had a decent team of players that seemed to have gone backwards and why oh why he put young MJ back into the cauldron where he failed so miserably last team should be questioned. He never looked like he was able to motivate the team or make them more tactically aware and to me it looks like he doesn't have the dressing-room.
The problems that Lennon picked up were always there from BR. Lennon didn't buy these players. The second they have the title in bag they all go back to disgruntled. that may well have been the deal. Lennon may have said we need to win this title for fans. And do it for your own record too, but when its done you will all be getting your wish, you want in you play like your in, you want out best time to throw down your tools is when its won.

BR caused all the issues. The issues didn't go away. lennon has not had a chance to address any issues with the players. So until he has that opportunity I can't fault him in my mind. There are lots of disgruntled players brought in by a lying conman. And they signed for him not Lennon.

How do you make disgruntled players play their hearts out when they really want out. And Mikey Johnstone has been great for youth. When is abetter time to play him at Ibrox to see if he has the mustard. Clearly he aint mentally ready. But we didn't know that, and the fact Sinclair was on bench tells me he wants out, well his performances this season have been dire. Rodgers may well sign him, they seem to be a couple at most other clubs Rodgers went.

Today was gash.

The less than quality wing play can't be rectified without better quality players used to playing Lennon style. You can't judge Lennon on Rodgers players unless he keeps them for next season.

Team needs gutted and refreshed. Too many hangers on and not enough quality. I think Lennon would fix the team under his own style. I also think Steve Clarke could do that, but I really don't see Clarke wanting gig. And I don't think Moyes has the noodles, and every name other than Mourinho are not value added in our market tier, and I suspect Mourinho style is not celtic football, and I doubt he would come without monster expenses.

Lennon chose to play a similar style to rodgers to get over the line. it worked. winning league much more important than result at Ibrox in bounce match. Was important for their psychology. But all the damage you feel lennon hasn't managed well was done under rodgers. Lennon has done his job so far despite a few boring performances. but he didn't have any other better options due to rodgers

Here's my take on the managerial situation for what it's worth. I think it's one of a possible three scenarios....
1. Lennon has already been given the job
2. Someone else has been given the job with Lennon as his number 2
3. Someone else has been given the job with Lennon director of football
One way or another, Lennon will be around next season, which would explain his recent comments.
On the moyes thing, I will add one thing. A friend of mine met him recently and asked him was he taking the Celtic job to which he smiled and said "watch this space". Now maybe he was just joking. I sincerely fuckin hope he was.

Here's my take on the managerial situation for what it's worth. I think it's one of a possible three scenarios....
1. Lennon has already been given the job
2. Someone else has been given the job with Lennon as his number 2
3. Someone else has been given the job with Lennon director of football
One way or another, Lennon will be around next season, which would explain his recent comments.
On the moyes thing, I will add one thing. A friend of mine met him recently and asked him was he taking the Celtic job to which he smiled and said "watch this space". Now maybe he was just joking. I sincerely fuckin hope he was.
good tae hiv ye back Deadner but Moyes... NAW!!!!!

team selection-weird
tactics-weird
substitutions-weird
Lenny sittin lookin miserable in the dug out-weird
the whole day- weird
can't shake this don't give a phuq feelin-weird
jist weird!
It was definately weird the whole thing mt and I don't even mean the poison atmosphere, lenny standing with faceache, cross armed, helpless looking , no fight , no energy , bad daydream trip , id rather be somewhere else really was alarming to see. I wonder if the board just told him hes not next season's manager, i thought I didn't believe him when he said Forrest was injured so I'm getting paranoid noo as well ?

Nope sorry ..poor team selection mibbee but fuck me some players need to have a word!! Some of his selection baffles me honest to God.. young Mikey Johnson hung out to dry cause lack of support...criminal in my eyes.
What kind of support was he lacking?
When would be a better time to play him?
What team selection should have picked, or maybe who would have been a less surprising and better team to put out?

TET,an injured Lustig,young Mikey,and a forrest gump impersonator!
I do think Burke was the right call they were always going to be right up for this and his physique and build, pace etc shouldve been a match for this game but his form went with BR and you can see how ridiculous money in the EPL is that he's Scotland's most expensive player. I didn't think this was for Johnston to start but losing weah takes us back to were we were before we had him, light in that area. This game was a distraction , a game we couldve done without. We are still better than that team , they are a season old side we are running on fumes, they are catching up but reality is they can never , ever catch up with 3TREBLE no one can. We just need to keep our eye on the bigger picture , they're irrelevant were on the brink of legend . Massive work required always forever at Celtic as it should be but some on another stream asking if this season's been a failure is insane. How much success do you want ?

I do think Burke was the right call they were always going to be right up for this and his physique and build, pace etc shouldve been a match for this game but his form went with BR and you can see how ridiculous money in the EPL is that he's Scotland's most expensive player. I didn't think this was for Johnston to start but losing weah takes us back to were we were before we had him, light in that area. This game was a distraction , a game we couldve done without. We are still better than that team , they are a season old side we are running on fumes, they are catching up but reality is they can never , ever catch up with 3TREBLE no one can. We just need to keep our eye on the bigger picture , they're irrelevant were on the brink of legend . Massive work required always forever at Celtic as it should be but some on another stream asking if this season's been a failure is insane. How much success do you want ?
like it Winter,ah've been on the other stream,we should'nt be doing entitlement,that's what they do,ffs, i was watching Celtic before big jock and we were gash,savour these achievements bhoys and ghirls,they won't go on forever,Hail Hail Winter!

hopefully JH will come good,he was thrown in at the deep end,as fur the real forrest gump,he was a world beater unlike the west brom version!!!!! as for comperr!!!!!!!
I'm a bit surprised at the amount of abuse levelled at jack Hendry, he has played poorly but also played well in Europe against Rosenborg I think still really young hasn't played much so what's to criticize ? Haven't seen him play for ages I think the criticism comes not from within originally

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of abuse levelled at jack Hendry, he has played poorly but also played well in Europe against Rosenborg I think still really young hasn't played much so what's to criticize ? Haven't seen him play for ages I think the criticism comes not from within originally
I like JH

Just needs a proper experienced partner who can bring him up a level.

Members online

Latest posts

Back