Lenny vs Burke Merged Threads

Look, I'm breaking my own rule of not being too harsh on young fitba players. But while what Winning Captains says is true, it's also true that Lenny did give him opportunities at key points to prove himself. He was dismal. And Kelly is spot on to lay the blame at the feet of WBA and Brendan Rodgers. Neil Lennon literally gets blamed for everything. It's spreading to the Midlands of England now. It'll hit Devon by next week.

To be fair his speed was like a lightening bolt.

It was his first touch that let him down.

Perhaps his parent club should be helping him work on that rather than pull him publicly into a row making him feel like a blouse.

Surely thats only compounding his misery.
The fact that he was quick was a plus, but his skill level was abysmal
First touch let him down on so many occassions
If he got a breakaway on Lake Ontario, you'd never see him again
As far as players getting shouted at, changed days in football
Used to get a bit physical in the dressing room at times and if you can't take being shouted at, when you screw up, then don't put the boots on
I want players who can handle the criticism when it's warranted
Get constructive criticism, raise your game to the level expected
Neil Lennon, is a winner, he was when he played, he is, as a manager, I don't care if Oliver Burke cries into his pillow every night
He was never good enough to play at Celtic
Mind boggling, the money they've paid for him, on the evidence on show in Scotland
I heard more than a few times, "He's not a stirker" well, he's not a winger either, if his ball control isn't there
Look at Mikey Johnson, the wee man has skill and can beat a man, never once seen that committment from Oli Burke
I realise it's MSM and it might be true, or it might be just trying to unsettle Celtic, but 'Man up Oli' or tell your buddy at WBA, to STFU & take a telling when you deserve it, just like any other employee

HH

Last edited:
I try to make a habit of not criticizing the bhoys, and try to look to see the strong points in all our players. Burke was fast, there's no denying that. I think he needed to work on some ball handling, but he will be a better than average player someday.

But I keep going back to the draw with Livingston -- just watched the highlights again -- and man, anyone on this forum makes that late goal that Burke missed (this is not to say that the draw was Burke's fault -- there were some good saves and some miscues all game).

West Brom, you can have him. Thanks for the loan.

File under pish...Lenny (the thunder) v sharp legs no fitba brains, if that's the best SMSM can come out with come on. It's up there with the speculation about Kieran what's he said about the speculation. Answer fuck all!! Celtic might well agree a number but at the end of the day up to the player. DON'T BELIEVE THE SHITE IN THE PAPERS! OR SOCIAL MEDIA! HH☘☘☘

two teams paid £15 million fur Burke,and Arsenal offer £15 mill for KT!!!!! english money is mental!
15m for someone that's equal to Robertson at Liverpool that's now quote at 70m...stoppit the Only difference is Robertson's assist...but can't defend like KT
if KT assists Ratio was better do think for one minute only a 15m bid? Naw me neither.

15m for someone that's equal to Robertson at Liverpool that's now quote at 70m...stoppit the Only difference is Robertson's assist...but can't defend like KT
if KT assists Ratio was better do think for one minute only a 15m bid? Naw me neither.
exactly,man u lookin tae sign a "project" right back fae crystal palace fur £50 mill!!!!!!WTF!

The Scottish media have a few rules that they follow to the letter.
1. Never refer to the Celtic manager as Neil Lennon, Neil or Mr Lennon. Always call him Lennon.
First names are used only for people you like eg Boris, StevieG, The Don, Tiger, Ally, Walter,
Surnames are for people you do not like. May, Clinton, Blair, Trump etc
2. NL never speaks or states his opinion. He only snarls, moans, sneers or claims.
3. Always refer to the Glasgow derby as The Old Firm
There are several other such subtle rules. They are all designed to affect you subconsciously. You are being conned. I suspect most of the churnalists are not bright enough to do this deliberately. It is subconscious bias.

Champions league best 11 for 2017 from eufa!

Ederson (Man City)

Nelson Semedo (Barcelona)

Davinson Sanchez (Tottenham)

Niklas Sule (Bayern)

Kieran Tierney (Celtic)

Harry Winks (Tottenham)

Talisca (Besiktas)

Marco Asensio (Real Madrid)

Timo Werner (Leipzig)

Dimitri Oberlin (Basel)

Kylian Mbappe (PSG)

FFS£15 million!!!!!!

1. Never refer to the Celtic manager as Neil Lennon, Neil or Mr Lennon. Always call him Lennon.
First names are used only for people you like eg Boris, StevieG, The Don, Tiger, Ally, Walter,
2. NL never speaks or states his opinion. He only snarls, moans, sneers or claims.
There are several other such subtle rules. They are all designed to affect you subconsciously. You are being conned. I suspect most of the churnalists are not bright enough to do this deliberately. It is subconscious bias.
a lot of us are aware of this Fisiani,ah wiz called Duffy for years but billy was well, billy! HH

Is there something being put into the drinking water ?
Snowflakes creeping into sports
Here's yer 'hug me jaiket' when you are yelled at, by your coach, manager, boss, or 60,000 Tims
Now, please have your 'manginas' checked, before stepping onto the field, once more
HH

Attachments

• hug me jaiket .jpg
    hug me jaiket .jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Not bright enough to have subconscious F, do as l say don't chase the elephant in the Room....thanks...EDITORIAL DIRECT! ????

Back