Letting go of the hatred.

26+6=1

I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to let go of the hatred. It may come as a surprise to some board members that I carry way too much hatred around with me and it's not healthy. I'm by no means xenophobic I only hate the British establishment and their lackies, such as the huns and loyalists; also I hate religions but not religious people. But hating establishments and attitudes without hating the people who support and espouse them isn't easy. Once you start to view people as 'enemy' you de-personify them and they become things rather than people.
Those of us who grew up in the north of Ireland or indeed Glasgow grew up in a conflict as there are sectarian conflict conditions in Glasgow too and people have been murdered simply because of their religion. So it's easy for us to see the huns as 'others' and the danger with this is you can deny the humanity of your enemies. This is much more of an issue on the hun side as it's them who espouse hatred as part of their so called culture and are responsible for the bulk of historical and current sectarian violence in both Scotland and Ireland.
And this is where it gets hard because huns, loyalists and the British establishment by their very nature and behaviour make it so difficult not to hate them. I've had varying degrees of success with jettisoning the mental malware and poisonous programming resulting from the environment I grew up in but the hatred is still the biggest hurdle.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to let go of the hatred. It may come as a surprise to some board members that I carry way too much hatred around with me and it's not healthy. I'm by no means xenophobic I only hate the British establishment and their lackies, such as the huns and loyalists; also I hate religions but not religious people. But hating establishments and attitudes without hating the people who support and espouse them isn't easy. Once you start to view people as 'enemy' you de-personify them and they become things rather than people.
Those of us who grew up in the north of Ireland or indeed Glasgow grew up in a conflict as there are sectarian conflict conditions in Glasgow too and people have been murdered simply because of their religion. So it's easy for us to see the huns as 'others' and the danger with this is you can deny the humanity of your enemies. This is much more of an issue on the hun side as it's them who espouse hatred as part of their so called culture and are responsible for the bulk of historical and current sectarian violence in both Scotland and Ireland.
And this is where it gets hard because huns, loyalists and the British establishment by their very nature and behaviour make it so difficult not to hate them. I've had varying degrees of success with jettisoning the mental malware and poisonous programming resulting from the environment I grew up in but the hatred is still the biggest hurdle.
Tiocfaidh ár lá

DUP leader Edwin Poots resigns amid internal party revolt​

Hatred eats you up, breeds more hate, feeds on itself, your hate gets bigger, try and do some random acts of kindness every day for strangers, tell someone you love them…..it’s the small things that make a difference, more power to you for seeing you have issues and need to change……good luck and keep smiling 💚

I can kinda associate with that, except in reverse. My best mate, that I came backpacking to Oz with all those years ago, recently was invited on to the board at Castle Greyskull, and , as much as I try ( coz he really is 1 big DOB, which I remind him of on a weekly basis) I just can't find the wherewithal within myself to hate him
I've tried, time and time again but, well, he is ma best mate???

I can kinda associate with that, except in reverse. My best mate, that I came backpacking to Oz with all those years ago, recently was invited on to the board at Castle Greyskull, and , as much as I try ( coz he really is 1 big DOB, which I remind him of on a weekly basis) I just can't find the wherewithal within myself to hate him
I've tried, time and time again but, well, he is ma best mate???

If I may be so bold bruvva 26, sometimes life's experiences can help in that dept.
A few years ago, I found myself under the neurosurgeon's scalpel. When I came thru that with an all clear, I swore to my wife that she would never hear me use the word ' hate' again.
11 years gone and I've been true to my word.
You're correct in what u say, hatred for others can have a profusely detrimental effect on oneself and , bein atheist, my beliefs were truly reinforced. This ain't no dress rehearsal!!!

When faced with an Orc mob, in full voice what other option is there to hate them?
Most of us have seen even our hun mates turn into mutants. It only requires a few of them to get together and veil slips.
Proof of this cant be more clear off the back of this season.
Some lads I thought were alright huns, didnt know from back in the day - give it a bit of success and they were animals - morbid social media posts that were despicable.

If faced with a culture of hate what will turning the cheek do?

We need to remember what keeps them under a rock. What limits, deflates them and takes away any enthusiastic exuberance.

We need to send them packing on the park.

If this year has shown nothing else us being on top isnt just important for us but is key to avoiding so many other issues.

26, as mentioned previously - there are many folk like yourself who have earned the right to hate a little. You've had to endure discrimination, intolerance, violence and hostility by an invading force and it's fair that you are allowed to feel anger at your treatment.

The only thing we ask is a bit more tolerance for those of us who haven't had the misfortune to share those terrible experiences and to understand that some of us live in parts of Scotland which aren't infected with sectarianitis.

You have a humour about you which has allowed you to hit the enemy where it hurts them most and that is at the very heart of their ridiculousness. Their silly walks, their clown clothes and their insufferable stupidity.

As easy as it is for me to say from my 'safe space', folk like you torment the hell into these clowns just by continuing to highlight their irrelevance and inadequacy.

You have every right to hate, but you can ultimately destroy them with those headshots of humour.

Last edited:
Hi mate, I'm not going to presume to know how to "advise" you regarding the general subject matter of your post. But I also have to say it looks to me very much like you are well and truly on the right road by virtue of the fact that you acknowledge the existence of hatred . When I first joined The Noise I posted a story about my grandfather having to leave Belfast. I won't post the whole story again as I don't want to bore anybody. What I will repeat though, is my grandfather's mantra for life. It was simply this.....If you hate someone simply because they hate you, then you're are every bit as bad as they are. This from a man with reason enough to carry prejudice; he simply refused to react to the situation he found himself in. If it's true to say we're all just the product of our environment, then it's also true to say we all have a responsibility to change that environment as best we can.

Speaking for myself, I hate absolutely nobody. Not sevco, not their fans, nobody. I simply love The Hoops. I take my hat off to you.

The hate you speak of is likely a byproduct of experiences to date. You maybe hate because you’ve earned that right.
I have no time for hate.
I love my club but i share the values and the ethos. I really came through when deidco did their 9. I always loved being part of our support because even in those dark days we behaved in the right way.
We never turned on our own and we supported whoever pulled in the jersey. I remember that raith rovers game and the maestro missing that penalty. I remember the next game at Easter road and the reaction of our support to him.
I’m sure to this day he does.
That is celtic, we lift our own. We’re more than a game of football, we’re an identity. It used to be you saw someone in a Celtic top you knew who/what you were getting.
Now I have 2 young daughters and I know that Celtic just borrowed my love. They changed me, there is just nothing else that comes close to them. It’s a responsibility, a blessing and I cherish every second.
This year I won’t have my book. circumstances dictate that but it’s an easy choice. For me to go to games means I have to give up a part of the weekend with them. I’ll miss it but I wont for a second regret it.
My rambling has a point.
Find the light in your life and embrace it. Spend your time loving or enjoying yourself.
Don’t become a mirror image of the people you dislike. If you become them you’ll end up hating yourself

Last edited:
The hate you speak of is likely a byproduct of experiences to date. You maybe hate because you’ve earned that right.
I have no time for hate.
I love my club but i share the values and the ethos. I really came through when deidco did their 9. I always loved being part of our support because even in those dark days we behaved in the right way.
We never turned on our own and we supported whoever pulled in the jersey. I remember that raith rovers game and the maestro missing that penalty. I remember the next game at Easter road and the reaction of our supports reaction to him and I’m sure to this day he does.
That is celtic, we lift our own. We’re more than a game of football, we’re an identity. It used to be you saw someone in a Celtic top you knew who/what you were getting.
Now I have 2 young daughters and I know that Celtic just borrowed my love. They changed me, there is just nothing else that comes close to them. It’s a responsibility and a blessing and I cherish every second.
This year I won’t have my book. circumstances dictate that but it’s an easy choice. For me to go to games means I have to give up a part of the weekend with them. I’ll miss it but I wont for a second regret it.
My rambling has a point.
Find the light in your life and embrace it. Spend your time loving or enjoying yourself.
Don’t become a mirror image of the people you dislike. If you become them you’ll end up hating yourself
If that was a ramble STG.... can we have some more please? 100% agree with you.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy
Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy
All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy
Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy
All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need
Am beginnin' tae wonder if am not the only auld hippy oan here ???

We had a place called Deja Vu which quickly became Jurassic Park.

Unfortunately - natural selection meant it also went the way of the dinosaur and is now a 'colourful' place called Pout!!!

Ach well.........if you can't beat them up, join them
Is that place got a balcony....a mind many years ago ma pal and I went to a place in Dundee....A disco type place, and some guy jumped aff the balcony onto the dancers below...It wis like a scene fae the Quadrophenia movie :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back