Lille v Celtic - Match Thread

Ah come on now folks. First it was the pies that took a hammering, now it's the turn of the square sausage to be put in the spotlight. I love my pies and sausage, Square, round, canned, spiced, herbed, foreign names, it doesn't matter.
But heed the warning - " if you dare start on the rasher------"
πŸ₯§ 🌭.πŸ₯“

Having just watched the highlights again from a more collected viewpoint, these are things I'd point out about the game. It's a marvellous result , people can disagree as we lost a comfortable lead but its undeniably a superb result against a big 5 club (again) . Duffy , he's now shown himself a shambles truly of Efe-esque material both domestically and in European competition. Perhaps hes feeling too much pressure with Ireland's poor form, our not great form and his own awful form. He needs taken out of the limelight for his own good right now like Barkas he'll return. Bain, have to say he was excellent if not inspired but penalty saved , important saves, still has a tendency to rebound the ball back into play he must drop this. Reading our line up, our first half , given how sharp Lille were in that first 10-15min and they were on it , as I read that line up I thought this is more like us here, okay ajeti still not 100% but still causes problems. Elyounnoussi? In his proper position and we see again what he brings v any club in the world , on his game I think hes world class. As sharp as they were, we were, in that first 45 simply brilliant. Away in france. Brilliant πŸ‘πŸ‘BUT and there always is one these days, we keep giving away set pieces , free kicks or corners and that's what teams play for against us I believe. Any of the aforementioned means were automatically in trouble as we cannot defend high balls into the box or fast and low balls into the box head height or lower that's a fact every Scottish side will try to exploit. Defending set or moving plays, we switch off, our best players often just for that second they switch off and we pay for that almost every game through penalties, free headers or bain who really impressed being exposed at the far post where he shouldn't be. Its a mentality thing right now I think another time we'd have seen the last 2 games out to victory. A draw is probably a fair score if painful to admit and just falling short but no-one can deny their quality in the 2nd 45. However I am well aware that as lenny said pre match they are a good team but we are a good team too. And the better side that we play the better that we play it brings the best out in us and its this experience European football is a necessity for us. To inspire us to stay and go beyond that level. Had frimpong passed rather than dillied I'm sure we'd have scored a 3rd as they could also have scored 3 . It was a super game of football that was great to watch. Now it's back to that no small matter of a 4th consecutive treble. Something I desperately want and the club and all connected to it will get such a lift from that. I read the finals in December?.perhaps someone might correct me on that. Lastly , they can go 9pts clear but weve been that far or further behind before and that can soon be returned to 3pts. No one gave us a hope tonight but we showed the world again write Glasgow Celtic off at your peril. HH (thanks for reading my latest novel)
Well said pal we can't play any worse than we have this year we've now seen signs of our form coming back hoping we gee the sheep a good doing this weekend HAIL HAIL

Ah think he's in a masonic Hall. 🀣🀣🀣
Walked into the Orange halls on the way home from the pub one day, and they had a big picture up on the wall, I asked if the guy on the big, white horse, was Lester Piggot, or Scobie Breasley
You should have seen the emotional midgets, losing their shit
The things you did when you were young, and fearless

HH

Hello Clay. Getting angry and insulting people does not do anything for one's argument. I can only speak for myself. As a young lad I was lifted over the turnstile by Celtic diehards now gone. I was blessed to see the Lisbon Lions in Celtic Park in the 1960s. I am so very lucky to have become a shareholder in the initial share offering. I am also a season ticket holder going back to the mid 1970s. Now each match I travel to costs me several hundred euro. I am lucky that I can still make a good number each year.
I have seen good days and bad days. I enjoy the Noise very much, but I do not think that hurling anger and insults around is going to do anything for a debate. Being civil and respectful is not always easy in the heat of a moment. So calm breaths and smile. We have been in worse places, much worse places indeed, and still came up smiling. It will be the same again this season.
πŸ€HH
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Everyone lights up a room.

Some when they enter and some when they leave.

Guess which one you are?

Betting AGAINST Celtic is bad enough but betting on the scum to win? FFS what a lowlife piece of shit you are.

No way on earth you can be a Celtic fan doing that. Don't let the door hit ye on yer vagina (apologies to all ghirls on here) on the way out ya mongrel.
Chill oot Khenny. Don't get dragged into a slanging match. It serves no purpose. For what it's worth Clay certainly isn't a hun. He has his views which we should welcome. It isn't personal. Take a breath.
HHπŸ€

Khenny, you do whatever the fuck you like mate
That nugget started in with members, right off the bat, and got his/her arse handed to him/her
I don't know anyone on here personally, other than the interaction on here
So, if someone sparks up on a continual, tolling basis, they're getting it tight
HH
Chill oot Khenny. Don't get dragged into a slanging match. It serves no purpose. For what it's worth Clay certainly isn't a hun. He has his views which we should welcome. It isn't personal. Take a breath.
HHπŸ€

Members online

Latest posts

Back