Livingston v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 19th September

This mob have always went at the bully with our defence and got results for it and I don’t see them trying anything different today. With that in mind I would start with CCV and Welsh as I feel starfelt is the most likely to buckle to the physical pressure. Any victory would be great but would really like to give these hammer throwers a good skelping. Can’t wait to get on the supporters bus again for a very long overdue away game. COYBIG

Very surprised myself dill at just how poorly the sheep have started the season, and certainly haven't done me any favours in the Predictor.
Saying that, I wonder how many of the so called smaller clubs really fancy there chances of having a crack at European football with the extra places available nowadays?
Tomorrow will be a huge test in regards of just how much progress we have made as a team ourselves, especially against the carpet shagpilers.
Think our quality is still far to good to drop any points but will be very demanding upon the players still, but the cream still rises to the top and will do for many a season to come still
HH
When u have rangers getting beaten 9-0 every week you can hardly whinge about Aberdeen dain you favours in predictor 😁

The plastic carpet makes for a faster game, tailor made for Jota and Abada, to get in behind the cluggers
That is true for the latest grneration of plastic pitches. They can provide a fast slick even surface (but with a higher bounce) and in the lower leagues work well as the playing surface is usually better than their old grass pitches for 4 or 5 months in the season, as they can't afford the technology to help grass recover during the winter months.

However, in order for them to work properly all of these pitches need a good soaking before play starts for each half. Thebproblem is that these teams refuse to use their sprinklers against bigger teams so the pitch doesn't play properly to try to get an unfair advantage. This should be slapped down on - if a team is being allowed these pitches in the top division then it must be compulsory for them to properly prepare the surface before every single match.

Plus I believe the Livi pitch is an earlier generation pitch and it is considered to be awful to play on and seems to be more prone to causing injuries to the players.

That is true for the latest grneration of plastic pitches. They can provide a fast slick even surface (but with a higher bounce) and in the lower leagues work well as the playing surface is usually better than their old grass pitches for 4 or 5 months in the season, as they can't afford the technology to help grass recover during the winter months.

However, in order for them to work properly all of these pitches need a good soaking before play starts for each half. Thebproblem is that these teams refuse to use their sprinklers against bigger teams so the pitch doesn't play properly to try to get an unfair advantage. This should be slapped down on - if a team is being allowed these pitches in the top division then it must be compulsory for them to properly prepare the surface before every single match.

Plus I believe the Livi pitch is an earlier generation pitch and it is considered to be awful to play on and seems to be more prone to causing injuries to the players.
yep Killie and Hamilton only soaked there pitch at half time and depending on which end the home team were shooting into

Must win.
Haven't won an away league game since February, haven't won at the Spaghettihad since 2007, 3 draws and a defeat in the last 2 seasons.
Hopefully McGregor is fit to play, and I assume that Abada will be available to give the manager some more options than the zero ones he had last night.

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Turnbull McCarthy McGregor🤞
Abada Ajeti Jota

With our current lack of forward players would like us to at least put one of the young boys from the B team on the bench, Brooks or Moffat maybe.

Game not live on TV. Dodgy streams only;), unless you want to pay Livingston £20 for a crap stream that runs a couple of minutes behind real time.
Got to agree Gary. In many ways this game could be considered as something of a test as to how far we've come. As you say, our recent record at that venue leaves much to be desired. If I'm being honest any kind of victory will do me. Ange obviously still has much to do if he is to achieve his objectives. Like most of us, I'm loving what we're seeing so far: but with reservations. I'll be happy just to get the points.

Watched Hibs today against St Mirren ....really poor and Aberdeen are worse ...Motherwell only team who look like they can take points hence tomorrow against a team going backwards....results this weekend are all suited ..up to us now to move forward .
We really need to get back to beating sevco when we play them because relying on the other teams in the league to take points of them is not where we want to be. It certainly didn't work last season and there is no reason to think it will work this season.

We really need to get back to beating sevco when we play them because relying on the other teams in the league to take points of them is not where we want to be. It certainly didn't work last season and there is no reason to think it will work this season.
Of course we do Neil...and I am confident we will when our next game comes ...we just need to take care of our own business in the meantime. My point is I can see them going backwards and we need to go on a winning run to take advantage if and when they fail. Much has been made of us losing 4 games already this season with Ange having to completely reinvent and rebuild the team. That mob have lost 3 games to date with very little said for a supposed settled team who have strength in depth . 👍

Back