Livingston v Celtic, Saturday 23rd September, 12.30pm at The Spaghettihad

Gary67

This is going to be dreadful. Post Europe on an abomination of a pitch. Forget performance just get the points and stay on top. I've never seen a good game there. Martindale mouthing off that we will struggle post European game and how some of our players won't fancy it, be good to ram those words back down his throat.
Oh for Maeda would be the change I'd make. Maeda struggles in games like this on tight pitches with deep lying teams, play Oh and go a bit longer than usual to try to nullify the pitch which makes good fast passing through the midfield impossible.

Hart
Johnston Lagerbielke Scales Taylor
Yang O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Oh Kyogo
Subs Bain Ralston Turnbull Bernardo Holm Forrest Palma Maeda Bernabei

Last 2 games there were 3-1 wins, same again would be good

Another afternoon of head-scratching for our new signings. Who knows what goes through their minds playing on such a pitch?

At the same time they simply have to bounce back and get the three points.
Difficult run of games ahead; many questions will certainly be answered.

Ach who would have thought the random Spl computer would have given us a trip to Livingston after our first CL game eh, odds have got to be off the charts...

Anyhoo, play with a bit of panache and we will be OK, no slow pondering stupid passes, and cut out the chuckle brothers from me to you stuff at the back.

Joe.

AJ Philips (if fit) Scales Taylor.

Calmac O'Riely Bernardo.

Forrest Kyogo Maeda.

Although Oh on for Kyogo wouldn't go amiss if we want a few long punts fae Joe and the Chuckle brothers at the back..

3 nuffin Celtic, Both the chuckle brothers to score and Jamsie to make it 13 in a row..

Bet of the day.... Jamsie to score at anytime...

H.H

Ach who would have thought the random Spl computer would have given us a trip to Livingston after our first CL game eh, odds have got to be off the charts...

Anyhoo, play with a bit of panache and we will be OK, no slow pondering stupid passes, and cut out the chuckle brothers from me to you stuff at the back.

Joe.

AJ Philips (if fit) Scales Taylor.

Calmac O'Riely Bernardo.

Forrest Kyogo Maeda.

Although Oh on for Kyogo wouldn't go amiss if we want a few long punts fae Joe and the Chuckle brothers at the back..

3 nuffin Celtic, Both the chuckle brothers to score and Jamsie to make it 13 in a row..

Bet of the day.... Jamsie to score at anytime...

H.H
Philips not fit

We just have to dig in, and get stuck in, right from the start. Match their physicality and be direct. Isolate them on a one to one at the earliest opportunity. Playing nice football and passing the ball short while trying to create space, will lead to over playing the ball, allowing them to crowd us out. They are good at this. Causing frustration all round and ultimately playing into their hands. Total concentration, not giving away dangerous free kicks, direct, physical, fast football is what we need for this match. Hoofball and run. This will not be a day for fancy football. We get the three points here and it is big.

Last edited:
It is true we've often suffered euro hangovers but we've also seen it lift our game before.
Rodgers previously had problems with this carpet pitch but I still fancy us to go there and win, 2 nil Celtic.
I'm not convinced that this is the game to start mixing things up starting XI wise especially with how mixed up things already are.

Working the morra
3 points is all we need so just get them
Pish pitch 27 behind the ba drug dealer oan the touch line who will get the team to give his beloved deaded team a haun.
Hart
Johnson Iwata Scales Taylor
Bernardo CalMac Hatate( needs minutes)
Palma Oh Forrest
3-1
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀

Working the morra
3 points is all we need so just get them
Pish pitch 27 behind the ba drug dealer oan the touch line who will get the team to give his beloved deaded team a haun.
Hart
Johnson Iwata Scales Taylor
Bernardo CalMac Hatate( needs minutes)
Palma Oh Forrest
3-1
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀
I'd not play Kyogo on that abomination of a pitch. One awkward fall (and we all know he will get clattered at every opportunity with no protection from the MIB) could put his shoulder out and he'd be laid up for weeks. Put in the more physical Oh and maybe Maeda. Jamesie is a good shout. Taylor has to play on the plastic pitch.

I'd not play Kyogo on that abomination of a pitch. One awkward fall (and we all know he will get clattered at every opportunity with no protection from the MIB) could put his shoulder out and he'd be laid up for weeks. Put in the more physical Oh and maybe Maeda. Jamesie is a good shout. Taylor has to play on the plastic pitch.
Was just going to write the very same. Put Oh in and rummel them up and put the wee man on if necessary.
Also would like to see Yang start and see if he’s got Jinky’s bravery.
HH

With that in mind think Oh should be on the pitch for the second half not just for his size he can and will score goals from corners and free kicks we have speed and skills but now and again you need a bit of weight and he is not afraid to hold his Own Celtic to win 3/4 nil

Members online

Latest posts

Back