Livingston v Celtic, Saturday 23rd September, 12.30pm at The Spaghettihad

Am I correct in thinking the Premiership clubs would have to vote in favour of banning these plastic pitches? So they would need at least 11 votes out of 12 to win? Livi & Killie would not be in favour so would blackball it, but there was an opportunity a couple of seasons back when Killie & Hamilton both went down and Livi were the only club with one - as far as the fans know, this was never even discussed as an option by the top flight clubs!

I understand that these pitches do serve an excellent purpose as they are used all year round by local communities. For example, Forfar's excellent pitch is used by them, women's teams, boys clubs, hockey clubs and even youth sides of bigger teams. They work hard to maintain the playing surface and it is supposed to be great to play on. Plus they don't suffer 2 months of postponements every winter due to a frozen pitch.

But there is no way it should be allowed in our top flight league. Especially if the club deliberately refuses to prepare tthe pitch properly in order to gain an advantage against better sides who actually want to play football on that monstrosity.
I remember Dunfermline were one of the first to install a plastic pitch. If I remember correctly they were given UEFA money as part of programme to test out plastic pitches. They somehow ended up in a UEFA competition (beaten finalists? No idea how they made Europe) but the team they were drawn to play protested about playing on a plastic pitch. UEFA backed them and said Dunfermline could not play Euro games on plastic. Even though UEFA had given Dunfermline money for the pitch!
Does anyone remember that? Did I remember it correctly?

Let's hope Jamesie scores to keep his incredible run of scoring a league goal in every season since 2009-10. That would take him to 15 consecutive seasons scoring in the Hoops. He is one of the few players in Europe to have 100 goals and 100 assists. And Brendan helped turn him into the PFA player of the season in 2018-19, so hopefully he will get him contributing much more again to add to his incredible trophy haul.

Mon the Hoops!

I remember Dunfermline were one of the first to install a plastic pitch. If I remember correctly they were given UEFA money as part of programme to test out plastic pitches. They somehow ended up in a UEFA competition (beaten finalists? No idea how they made Europe) but the team they were drawn to play protested about playing on a plastic pitch. UEFA backed them and said Dunfermline could not play Euro games on plastic. Even though UEFA had given Dunfermline money for the pitch!
Does anyone remember that? Did I remember it correctly?
The funding i remember the rest ,,,naw

Just nine of the Premiership’s 12 teams would be required to back a ban Bridie which could take a proposal forward. However, an enforced rule change in the SPFL would also require the support of 75 per cent of members across all four divisions, and that would probably see it vetoed as I think there's a total of 17 carpets in all divisions.
That's the problem in this country 75% of badly run bowling club level clubs get a say ,,,madness

And don't let the ball bounce, get to it before it hits the deck, something our back line hasn't figured out about the plastic pitches, get to it and head it, or just thundercunt it away, because teams like them train on it and are quicker off the mark when they punt it up the park, reading the bounce of the ball, is something we should work on when we have to play at LegoLand stadiums HH
“Thundercunt”😂I’m stealing that….

A think jamsies a good move!!calmer head, knows how the kharzi of a pitch plays..no use running down wings trying to cross to midgets,,,plenty shots from outside the box please👍
Was thinking that myself Esp ...need more shots on goal from Calmac big Matt and Reo on this surface.
Hopefully Jamsey still got a bit left in him.
Probably gonna need the new lads later as he tires.

He's probably a better option than either Yang or Palma just now, which is a worry. Early days but at least Jota and Abada hit the ground running (maybe they were the exception)
We might see alot more from Palma as the season goes on. Yang looks like a decent back up but early days for them both.
I remember it was Jamsey who used to take the pelters to be honest. Hopefully they all play their part successfully.

Was thinking that myself Esp ...need more shots on goal from Calmac big Matt and Reo on this surface.
Hopefully Jamsey still got a bit left in him.
Probably gonna need the new lads later as he tires.
Absolutely 100% correct. Reo, O'Riley & CalMac should be firing in low hard shots - as well as deflections the ball can skip off the surface making it harder for the goalie to judge the height and speed. Batter them in and have Maeda, Kyogo and Forrest charging in to hopefully tap in any spillages.

I will take any win, no more injuries and no suspensions ftom today. That abomination of a pitch makes playing decent football very difficult so it is about the points rather than performance today.

I don't have a problem with Jamsey starting. Despite his age, he is no less able than any of the other possibilities. And he has the experience and knows what to expect. When the new boys see the level.of hammer throwing and the carpet, they may be relieved to be on the bench. Just get a win boys.

Back