Losing Broony

Just an add-on to my previous post:
I have absolutely nothing against Callum McGregor in fact I think he is fantastic however I don't believe he is a captain. In the games where he has worn the armband I think it has been detrimental to his game. I think we should push the boat out to keep Ajer with a long term deal and the captaincy - he appears to be a born leader. He just needs to be shown that he is wanted.
Ajer would be the natural replacement but he will definitely leave in the summer. CalMac has did better this season when Brown has been out of the team, and he has been captain, but think we'll need an experienced defensive midfielder to help him in the middle of the park next season. As I've said before Victor is playing MLS with Montreal, still only 29, must be worthwhile asking the question. James McCarthy, still only 30, is out of contract in the summer, another who could come in and add his experience to CalMac's and help out the younger players.

That pic for me he went from an anoying wee naff from hibs to a Celtic legend sad to see him go feel he has a lot to offer in a backroom role but knowing broony he's his own man and is taking the right direction into management /coaching ,sheeps gain our loss

The guys a winner and a legend thanks for all the great memories and the wind ups

Looks like the sheep won't be throwing away points to sevco anymore

Ajer would be the natural replacement but he will definitely leave in the summer. CalMac has did better this season when Brown has been out of the team, and he has been captain, but think we'll need an experienced defensive midfielder to help him in the middle of the park next season. As I've said before Victor is playing MLS with Montreal, still only 29, must be worthwhile asking the question. James McCarthy, still only 30, is out of contract in the summer, another who could come in and add his experience to CalMac's and help out the younger players.
Sorry Gary all James McCarthy is any good for is keeping the physio busy

Sorry Gary all James McCarthy is any good for is keeping the physio busy
Missed 2 seasons with 2 bad injuries but since joining Palave he's been fit most of this season and last. Played 35 games last season, 12 so far this season but he has been fit and available for the majority of games. Him and Soro sharing defensive midfield duties wouldn't be the worst, and with no transfer fee he wouldn't be too much of a risk.

Missed 2 seasons with 2 bad injuries but since joining Palave he's been fit most of this season and last. Played 35 games last season, 12 so far this season but he has been fit and available for the majority of games. Him and Soro sharing defensive midfield duties wouldn't be the worst, and with no transfer fee he wouldn't be too much of a risk.
Still think he is muck, sorry Gary. Hope we don't consider him as a broony replacement, as if that was the case then another huge management fuck up imo.

IMO Gary, McCarthy fits the bill so long as he is fit,we dont want another Rogic who lost 9 months playing time for Celtic due to injuries he received playing for Australia.
McCarthy would definitely help to strengthen the midfield along with new Bhoy Liam Shaw.
We have the skill in midfield but not the strength,so any decent recruit to the engine room would be more than welcome so long as they have a clean bill of health,no point in signing anybody we have to wait 3 months before they make an appearance,like we did last season..

HH.

It was always going to be a sad day when broony finally hung up his boots playing for us, and so it is now confirmed.
From a footballing point of view, I can understand how it makes sense for the club although I thought broony showed enough on Sunday to warrant another season maybe in a far less playing capacity.
It somehow don't feel right for broony to turn into a collie dog to round up a herd of sheep either.
Regardless I wish him well in his new venture and await his return to continue his legacy.
Scott Brown's a real and true celtic legend and will always be, and sure he has still so much more to offer us in the future
HH and YNWA

Remember when Strachan signed him, 4.4million forra Ned fae hibs???? I was raging, he was running about for the first year n a hauf as if he was still playing for hibs! I was always saying he wasn't anywhere near good enough playing for our Hoops!

By Christ I've never been so happy to be proved so wrong!!!

I like to think that the Lions had a word with him and he finally understood the people he plays for and the magnitude of our Club.

Being made captain of Celtic and the history that encompasses certainty focused him and what successes we all enjoyed because of it!

Scott Brown... Celtic Legend!!!

HH Broony!!! Thanks so much for everything!!!

When Scott Brown signed for us he was a 22 year old box to box midfielder. It was thought he would eventually be Lennon's replacement. In terms of leadership and captaincy that happened within about 3 years but it was only when Ronny Deila joined 7 years later that he also took on the defensive midfielder role.
There's a 22 year old box to box midfielder currently at Aberdeen, rumoured tonight to be joining us in the summer. Not a direct, immediate replacement for Broony but are we looking to the past and dabbling in some forward planning (unlike us)?
The whole Brown deal to Aberdeen has happened very quickly and smoothly, perhaps a transfer deal for Lewis Ferguson is in place.

When Scott Brown signed for us he was a 22 year old box to box midfielder. It was thought he would eventually be Lennon's replacement. In terms of leadership and captaincy that happened within about 3 years but it was only when Ronny Deila joined 7 years later that he also took on the defensive midfielder role.
There's a 22 year old box to box midfielder currently at Aberdeen, rumoured tonight to be joining us in the summer. Not a direct, immediate replacement for Broony but are we looking to the past and dabbling in some forward planning (unlike us)?
The whole Brown deal to Aberdeen has happened very quickly and smoothly, perhaps a transfer deal for Lewis Ferguson is in place.
A Ferguson in the hoops Jersey? Please Gary enough bad news coming out of Celtic for one day without adding to it 😭

It's the right time for him to move on. It's selfish reasons I'd want him about still. With Aberdeen he will get the next step up in his coaching. If we do the right thing and don't force a backroom team on the new manager then where would Brown fit? Staying put wouldn't of been the best option for him. With him moving on it will fully allow other players to step in and step up. It's big boots to fill but this change was inevitable. We were lucky to have him as long as we did.
I wish him all the best

Members online

Latest posts

Back