Losing Broony

As the dust settles on what was probably another damp squib on Sunday. One thing that was on my mind was Broony and what happens next. Of all the changes that are gonna be made this will be one that will be felt as a defining moment. He showed glimpses of his former self and had me thinking about how many games throughout the years that he dragged and inspired players round about him to get their finger out sometimes just purely by his performance. I suspect the strong rumours that he is about to go into coaching elsewhere are true and could be realised quicker than we think if he takes up the Aberdeen opportunity. Age has caught up with him and his physical ability is no longer at its peak and he may be thinking one more season is a step too far.
He will be a massive loss for obvious reasons. ..and one we may feel for a few seasons to come as they don't make many like him any more. I am sure we will see his return in years to come ...but should we make it a priority to get him in our set up in some coaching capacity right now ..surely he would be a pivotal figure for any new coaching team that's coming in to assist in any rebuild. Are we sleepwalking again here with Broony ?
Definitely Celtic should be walking over coals to keep him at Celtic If they do it for John Kennedy They can do it for Broony

And Gordon, Hayes and jozo at the end of last season, hope this is not going to be a trend for the club and not allowing the supporters the chance to show there appreciation for all they have given towards the club.
Just don't seem the right way of doing things imo
I don’t really know what to can do in a pandemic
Won’t be any fans back in the stadium till next season, I’m sure we’ll raise the roof for him 1st time he’s back here with the sheep 🐑

What a lousy time for Broony to be leaving without the acknowledgement of 62,000 Celtic supporters chanting his name showing how much he has been respected as one of the greatest Celtic captains of all time,a true Legend.
I have no doubt the first time he returns to Parkhead in front of the fans he will hardly hear himself think due to the atmosphere the worlds greatest supporters will produce just for him..
When will we see his likes again..

HH.
A watershed moment indeed GS agree with your sentiments to give him proper recognition.. we won't see his likes again ...would have loved to have seen the Broony one more time in front of an appreciative Celtic support but he will know we do not forget our heroes and will be revered in Celtic history forevermore.

I remember Broonies capers as a young Hibee. Remember he got Bobo sent aff? ( Morelos fell for the same trick 15years later) I hated him at the time. How things change. I can't imagine a pre match huddle without him. That day in Aberdeen,when McInnes sent his hatchet men on, when he got up after being scythed and roared will live long in my memory. Getting right in McInnes' face after Tom Rogic sealed the invincible treble at Hampden was great too.
Go, learn your trade and come back to us in not too distant future.
Scott Brown a leader of men.
HH

Last edited:
I remember Broonies capers as a young Hibee. Remember he got Bobo sent aff? ( Morelos fell for the same trick 15years later) I hated him at the time. How things change. I can't imagine a pre match huddle without him. That day in Aberdeen,when McInnes sent on his hatchet men on, when he got up after being scythed and roared will live long in my memory. Getting right in McInnes' face after Tom Rogic sealed the invincible treble at Hampden was great too.
Go, learn your trade and come back to us in not too distant future.
Scott Brown a leader of men.
HH
Would also like to think he will return in time, when ready to and continue that great haul of trophies he has already and deserved to have amassed so far, and hopefully still not finished in doing so.
A true great and proper legend to the cause

This is the million dollar question now TS, will we be bringing in a new manager with his own coaching team? If not this decision taken will always be questioned
Any top manager will want his own guys,not getting lumped with Kennedy.Full re build needed John .

Looking at that group of players theres more id punt than keep,no guts or dig about that team at all at the moment.

Hopefully the new manager comes in a gets us playing exciting football again mate instead of the garbage we ve witnessed recently.

Any top manager will want his own guys,not getting lumped with Kennedy.Full re build needed John .

Looking at that group of players theres more id punt than keep,no guts or dig about that team at all at the moment.

Hopefully the new manager comes in a gets us playing exciting football again mate instead of the garbage we ve witnessed recently.
Couldn't agree more TS and broony was about the only one I would have considered keeping but more in a coaching role than a playing one imo.
So realistically any possible new manager may not have wanted broony as he has got no experience and possibly doesn't even know broony as a person.
If this has anything to do with JK then I for one would be fuming

Just an add-on to my previous post:
I have absolutely nothing against Callum McGregor in fact I think he is fantastic however I don't believe he is a captain. In the games where he has worn the armband I think it has been detrimental to his game. I think we should push the boat out to keep Ajer with a long term deal and the captaincy - he appears to be a born leader. He just needs to be shown that he is wanted.

Members online

Latest posts

Back